Blog Archive

Monday, July 5, 2021

Bee Skep 1869 Crock Freebie

 Good morning, Sweetie Pies and Happy , Happy Tuesday. Well I have another freebie for you and guess what ? It is another bee freebie!!!!🐝🍯 Lol. I know some of you may be wondering- "Has she gone plumb bee crazy"  or you might be thinking "Wow, she takes to a theme - like a dog takes to a bone. " Lol. Well you are right to both. 😂😄. But don't worry I do not need bee therapy nor an intervention; it will all be out of my system soon. 


With that said, I am so excited to share  a new crock with you .This is Bee Skep 1869 Crock or as I lovingly refer to it my Honey Crock. Can you imagine a crock filled with ooey goeey yummy honey?  Oh, there is a "rumbly in my tumbly". 

 I remember when I was young mom stored honey in mason jars with the comb in  the kitchen pantry. And yes every now and then, I would open up the pantry door , grab the jar and dip my little finger in  for a little taste of  sweetness.   Aaah sweet memories. 

I just used 7 floss colors to stitch this piece. They were DMC 3345 ( my favorite green), 930, 310 , blanc, 433, 838, and 783. I was originally going to stitch  my crock in a cream or beigey color ,but I could not find the right color in my stash that would not blend into my fabric . So I had to use white.  I also toyed with the idea of making the daisies- sunflowers. I think it would be cute either way.  

This is a quickie . So if you are interested , please check out the pdfs below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs.

Click here for instruction page. 

                                        

Click here for colored chart.  


Click here for black and white chart. 

I finished  my piece on a Dollar Tree unfinished wooden box found in the craft section. I dry brushed black paint on the box and rubbed some of it off for a prim look. 

                    


Have you seen my other crocks? Well if you haven't, just click on the links and pop right over to the previous post. You might find one that strikes your fancy for a holiday or seasonal stitch.   

  Fall 1869 Crock Ewe Have My Heart 1869 Crock 1776 Crock ,  and Spring Chick 1869 Crock

You may be wondering why I have the date 1869 on my crocks. Well pretty much all my stitches have some relation to a family member or childhood memory. The 1869 is honor of dear distant grandparent. Personalizing the stitches make them fun for me. I have seen many stitchers change the date to something special for them which warms my heart. 

Well I am off to do a little stitching. It's not a bee stitch though. Lol.  I am also going to be working on some quilt block piecing, but I  won't tell you what kind of quilt blocks I am working on. Lol.  Buzz Buzz! 

 Thank you so much for taking time of out of your day to spend it with me. You always brighten my day.  As always ...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey inside-Winnie the Pooh

Hugs and Stitches


23 comments:

  1. How in the world do you design and stitch so fast?? Another cute one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Jennie for the sweet visit, comment and making me giggle . Lol. You know what the slowest part for me is the finishing. I drag my feet.Have an awesome day.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering the same as Jennie in GA, I think you must design in your sleep and stitch before breakfast!! Love this one, Winnie the Pooh was very popular here at grannies for so many years! The grands are all adult now, waiting for some great grands! (They tell me "no"!?) Oh well, time will tell the rest of the story. Have a wonderful week, stitch what you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Mary. I could sit and draw all day long and have oodles of doodles in my notebooks. I just wish I had more hands to get all the things done that I want to do. I just love Winnie the Pooh and still have all of my girls Winnie the Pooh toys- though they didn't love him as much as I do. I hope you have some sweet great grandbabies soon. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  3. Bee-utifuul l design. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear. I so hope you enjoy this little stitch. Have an awesome rest of the week.

      Delete
  4. Your Bee theme is really fun, what a perfect theme for spring/summer. Your crock turned out beautifully. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate. I usually put out my bee pieces after the 4th but seeing I have been seeing so many display their bee items since spring, I am going to start putting mine out earlier. I have been watching a lot of home decor tours with their bee themes and boy does that inspire me. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. Quel joli modèle ! Nos petites amies s'activent beaucoup pour nous donner du bon miel, c'est un bel hommage pour elle.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christel. Aah thank you so much. I am so excited that we were able to catch a swarm and fingers crossed we will have some honey in the future. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet crock. The way you have it displayed is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue. I have the hardest time on finishing. I try to use what items I have on hand since I rarely go out shopping now . Dollar Tree and Goodwill has been a great source of though. Happy stitching, dear and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! Your bee collection is very cute, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen. My collection is certainly growing. I have only been collecting and stitching the bee theme for about 3 years. Happy quilting

      Delete
  8. Just stitched Liberty...can't wait to make it into a small pillow for my dough bowl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa,
    Love your Bee decor!! So Sweet!! like honey!! LOL!! I do not have anything in the way of Bees so I think I need to be on the look out!! Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!!Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your beautiful ideas and charts. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having fun stitching all your Bee freebies. I do monthly decorations and it's time to get my Bee, Sunflower, Watermelons out to enjoy the rest of the summer. So happy I found your site. I love your Bee decorations. Can't wait to see what is coming out next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your lovely charts. Have been meaning to visit your site every time Michelle @ MommaLovesYouGB shows one of your freebies. I'm thrilled to bits with the pumpkin in the crock from last December. I'll stitch it for my grandma & change the date to 1896, her birth year. I may add her first name under the date. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the fun chart. My great grandmother, who taught me to knit, was born in 1868, so I'll slip the year back one year to honor her. Glad to know that's how you chose your date, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this sweet bee keep stitch! This is very generous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another sweet mini design! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour