Blog Archive

Monday, July 10, 2023

Bees, Butterflies and a Mini Sunflower Sampler Freebie

Welcome, ya'll! This past week was another  busy week in the holler. Mostly working in the garden . During my off time , I enjoyed spending every moment possible with my grandbabes and nephews, and of course, I smothered them with grandma kisses and hugs. πŸ€—❤

I have been focused on working on my Butterflies from Heaven quilt. I completed the maroon and the green butterfly blocks.  

Woo Hoo! I  have a few more  finishes too !  First, I finished the July Picnic Basket  doodle that I shared at the beginning of the month. 

My embroidery was a little off this week, but I got it done. Sometimes the hands just do not want to cooperate. Lol.  Seven blocks are completed. 

 I will be working on August block this week. 


 I have been as busy as a honey bee  finishing my Mini Bee Sampler that I shared in my May 10th post.

 If you are interested in stitching it, just click the colored text. I added some twisted thrifted yellow yarn as trim around the edges. I think it is as sweet as honey. Don't you? 

How about another mini sampler? This one is called Mini Sunflower Sampler. I haven't stitched it yet, but it is on the agenda. It is another "Choose Your Own Colors" chart. I haven't decided my colors yet, but I will certainly post an update when I do. 

🌻  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 



🌻  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»

UPDATE:  I finished my Mini Sunflower Sampler into a wee pin pillow. I added twisted yarn to the seam for trim.  

This was a Choose Your Own Colors chart, but if you are interested, I used DMC 469, 782, and 898.  -August 10, 2023

Since it is Monday, it is time to write out the goals for the week. Do you write yours down or just fly by the seat of your pants?πŸ˜€πŸ‘–

Now onto the plans for the week. 

 Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were...

  1. Quilt a block in the Summer Days Quilt.

2. FFO a new Saltbox cross stitch. 

3. Work on new crock cross stitch. 

 4. Work on Joy's Spring SAL

 5. Whatever strikes my fancy!!!! Hmmm! I think I can do that.


Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 

🌞1. Quilt a block in the Summer Days Quilt.

🌞2. FFO a new Saltbox cross stitch. 

🌞3. Work on new crock cross stitch. 

🌞4. Quilt at least 1 block in my Butterflies from Heaven quilt. 

I am working on the brown butterfly today. Half way done on it. 

5. Work on August Doodle Block. 

🌞6. . Can, can and can more of the veggies to put up for the winter.

🌻  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»  πŸŒ»


I have noticed that I have a lot of new followers over the past month. I would like to  welcome you and humbly thank each and every friend who stops by for a visit. Ya'll mean so much to me. 


I have been woefully behind on social media. I do hope that you will forgive me, but I will catch up.  Ya'll know how summer time can get so busy. 

Anywhoo! Ya'll have a wonderful evening , Sweeties and...

  

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

It's Monday! Don't forget to be awesome! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo.❤❤❤

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

38 comments:

  1. You always make such great progress with your projects! Those butterfly blocks are looking great!! I don't have a weekly plan but I do make a monthly goal list. I find if I put it on the list, I make better progress! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I am hoping to get my butterfly quilt completed by mid August but that is doubtful . I am like you - I need a list of some kind, but I usually veer off. Lol. Have a great week . Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Love both of the samplers you so generously shared today. You are making great progress on your butterfly quilt. No apologies needed. It's summer and we all know how both the things we want to grow get busy and the things we don't want to grow also grow too fast(weeds!) and have to be tended to. My bush beans are blooming profusely and if they all become beans, we are going to have enough beans to more than get us through the year! What a blessing! I plant purple beans. They are so meaty and turn green when they are cooked. Magic, as my kids used to say when they watched it happen! Try to stay cool and take a break when you need to, Melisa. Canning can be a bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday, Ginny. It sounds like you have a great garden planted. Your beans will be so yummy especially come winter time. It has been a few years since I have planted beans. Papa always had such success at growing them, but me- well not so much. Lol. I am going to have to put purple beans on my list and give them a whirl. Thank you for the sweet visit and kind compliment, Ginny. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. You're a busy bee, Miss Melisa! As usual everything in today's post is wonderful. The butterfly quilt is gorgeous, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Darlene. I have been trying to stay busy, but I told hubby the other day that there were just not enough hours in the day for me . Lol. Hope you have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. BTW, I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl". Sounds much better than a rebel LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I love it!!!! Nothing wrong with being a rebel- I mean a Fly by the seat of the pants gal". It makes it that more exciting!!! Hee! Hee! Hugs !

      Delete
  5. The butterflies on the quilt will look amazing.
    And the little picnic basket with the bird turned out cute.
    Thanks for the nice bee sampler, next year the bees will be in my focus again, so I'll stitch it.
    Have a nice week,
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Martina. I am really enjoying working on the butterfly quilt. I have already started planning another. I like your idea of focusing on different themes to stitch each year and switching them out. I hope you enjoy this little sampler next summer. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your butterfly quilt is looking awesome. Can’t wait to see it all finished. I bet you wish you had more than 24 hours in a day so you could get more done. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. You are one busy girl,I don’t see how you do it. Thanks for the mini sunflower chart it’s with friends in the Pinker pouch. Take care my friend, don’t forget to smell those roses while you go about your day. πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, dear Patti. I am excited that I am moving along on the butterfly quilt. Lol I do wish I had more hours in the day or maybe I need to learn to quilt in my sleep. πŸ˜‚ Eeeh I am so glad the sunflower chart is going in the pinker Pouch. ( lol. I just love that) Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful things you've been working to complete. Doesn't matter how long it takes, especially in the summer when there's all that canning to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susan. Everything is coming along, but sometimes I do feel like I am moving at a snail's pace. Lol. The canning has really cut into my sewing time, but it sure will be nice to have those goodies come winter time. Have an awesome week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Looks like your butterfly quilting is coming right along! I love the sunflower sampler, too. You know your sweet designs are very tempting to me. I'm putting this one on the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying every stitch in the butterfly quilt. If I can get 1/2 through by the end of the month I will be happy. I hope you enjoy the sunflower sampler. I think it will stitch up quickly. I can not wait to stitch it too. Happy stitching and quilting.

      Delete
  9. Ooh! Another cute cross-stitch pattern. But I haven't finished the one I'm working on (Beelieve in Freedom), so I'll have to hold off on this one for awhile. Maybe everyone else knows this, but what does FFO mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so excited to hear that you are stitching Beelieve in Freedom, Kim. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It wasn't too long ago that I learned what FFO means too which is Fully Finished Object. There is new acronyms to learn all the time- isn't there? Lol It usually takes me awhile to have an finished piece so I am always excited when I do have one. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Another cutie! Thank you. I'm a big sunflower fan - my fave. In the winter, I try to grow miniature ones though not always successful! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Donna. I love sunflowers too. A few years ago, hubby planted some in the yard and   they grew successfully which was a surprise since we live in a shaded area. I had hoped to plant some this year, but didn't get to it. I have never seen the miniature sunflowers. I bet they are adorable. Hugs. 

      Delete
  11. I always enjoy seeing your cupboard when you change it out, Melisa. I have a Cow shelf at Grimmwood. When Mother passed away and we were cleaning out her house, I found the cutest cow creamer with calve salt and pepper shakers. I grabbed those right away for my own shelf.:) I have Hen Party in my stash and I really need to get it stitched up. I just might take it to the Huntsville retreat next week. One day we are stitching Little House Needleworks. I love that slice of watermelon too. How creative you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Arlene, I bet your cow shelf is marvelous or should I say moovelous! πŸ˜‚ What a treasure to have your mom's cow creamer and salt and pepper shakers. I have never seen a matching set. I bet they are adorable. I hope you have a lot of fun at the retreat next week. Hen Party would be a fun stitch to take along. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. You are making good progress on those butterflies, even with the summer gardening duties. Good luck with this week's list and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am trying so hard to get this quilt completed by mid August, Kate. I don't think I will  make it , but if I get 1/2 way I will be happy. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting. Hugs. Thank you for the sweet visit. 

      Delete
  13. You are always such a busy and productive person, Melisa!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us! I love the sunflower sampler. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings and have fun with your goals for the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I try to stay as busy as possible, but I know you do too. I look forward to seeing how much I can get completed this week. Fingers crossed it will be 100% . Lol. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Isabel. This quilt has been a comfort and joy to work on. I hope you are having a very lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. =) Those butterflies are sweet, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol , Kim and it serves you well for you get so much completed. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my butterflies. They are a joy to work on . Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. I love reading what's going on in your holler. Sad but true, I am always playing catch-up with reading & answering the blogs. Please know that yours is one of my favorites. Those butterflies are the cutest and I'd love to make one too. I think when i get a moment I'll draft up a pattern for myself. Know that yours is my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Wednesday, dear Susie. Aah you are so very kind. I completely understand playing catch up especially during the summer time. I so appreciate the sweet visit and heart warming compliment. That means the world to me. I found the butterfly bodies at the Goodwill. Someone cut about a hundred of them. They are pretty big. I snuggly have appliqued mine to a 15 1/2" block. I know you will come up with the most darling butterfly design. I have hopes in the future to share this one . Have a wonderful evening. Stay cool and enjoy the summer day. Hugs

      Delete
  17. Your sunflower charts are adorable! I'm sadly lacking summer cross stitched pieces to display so I appreciate your sharing these. Hubby got me an antique Hoosier cabinet and I'm excited to decorate it with some small pillows. Thank you again, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Jeanna. How lucky are you that your dear hubby bought you a Hoosier. I bet you will have it decorated with all kinds of cuteness for the seasons. I hope you enjoy the little sunflower  chart. and especially enjoy the Hoosier! Hugs. 

      Delete
  18. Your butterfly quilt is coming along nicely, and your pretty red embroideries too. Have fun canning veggies ;)
    Thank you for sharing your busy week, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Frederique. I am enjoying every stitch in this quilt. I hope to have it completed by summer's end. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  19. What a cute stitchery! I hope you have a great week and cross a few things off your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Deb. Fingers crossed I can get at least half of my goals completed. Lol. I hope you have a very lovely week as well. Happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Wordless Wednesday Camping in the Woods