Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Home Sweet Home

 

Well a very happy Wednesday to you. Welcome, dear friends. The ole' "truckster"  wagon has made its way home. 


I had a fabulous fall break on the road with my parents and nephews, but I do have to say that I missed you. 🤗 .

We spent most of our time visiting Nebraska , and then we trucked it  to South Dakota. We ended up staying a little longer than I expected, but that was fine with me. There was lots to see and do. 

The kiddos and I hiked along Scottsbluff. 


We saw lots of wildlife. 


The nephews especially enjoyed the antics of the prairie dogs at Wind Cave National Park in SD. 


Cars were lined up to watch the buffalo along the roadside.

Gotta a itch. 

At Fort Robinson, we met a few tourists in the dining room. 


At the Trailside Museum we enjoyed looking at the fossils and reading about the Clash of the Mammoths where 2 mammoths died after interlocking their tusks. The fossils can viewed at the museum. 


Is this lady not amazing? 

She is called Dignity and was gifted to South Dakota in celebration of its 125th statehood anniversary. Dignity is a 50 foot statue located at the Chamberlain Welcome Center on a bluff overlooking the Missouri River. Her quilt has 128 blue diamonds that sparkle in the sunshine.   She is stunning!

Well, ya'll. I am still unpacking and resting up . Do you ever come home from a vacation and find that you need to rest? Lol. Any whoo! I look forward to catching up on all the happenings in Blogworld and on IG. This week  is the Gremlins, Gobins and Ghouls Blog Hop. So a lot of catching up on all of the ghoulish fun. If you have missed any of it, the schedule is below.  I will be sharing on Friday.😃



Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit and listening to me ramble on about my trip. Have a very lovely evening and 

as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll  😘 

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

If you come home as happy as you leave, you have had a good vacation. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy who should be on this trip . Love and miss you, Amo 






14 comments:

  1. Wow! long wait time for you order at Fort Robinson. I enjoy armchair traveling with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I got a kick out of that. It was so cute that the little skeleton has crayons. Thank you for the sweet afternoon visit , Maureen. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. So glad to find you home today Melisa. It sounds like a great trip. Yes, I always have to rest up after a trip.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Arlene. It was a great trip. I actually think this was the tiredest I have ever been after a trip. lol. I think I just needed to get back into my routine. Have a great rest of the week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely trip you took. Great pictures I live in NJ and probably never get to see that stuff in real life. Glad you had a nice time. Thanks for all the lovely things you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Lori. It was such a lovely vacation and I hope that you have the opportunity to visit sometime. We stayed in the small towns and enjoyed visiting historical landmarks, but seeing the wildlife was my favorite. I so appreciate the sweet visit and kind words. Have a wonderful rest of the week.

      Delete
  4. We seems to be missing each other as we were in SD this summer seeing Dignity, and Scotts Bluff. Love these places. There's a quilt shop in that area that specializes in quilts made from Dignity and even has a panel of it. Wish I could remember the name of it. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos and looks like you had a great trip. I'm itching to go somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Penny. It was a fabulous trip. It was nice to get away with my parents and little nephews .A good time was had by all. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. I grew up in SD and see Dignity whenever we go back. I am so glad you got to see her in person~ isn't she just breath-takingly beautiful?! And yes, I often feel like I need a vacation after my vacation! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Sandie. Yes Dignity is amazing and even more breath taken in person. They were doing a little work around her when I visited so I could not get too close, but she is a must see. What a beautiful state you grew up in.

      Delete
  7. I look forward to your posts. Your adventure was fun to read and great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Mary Ann. We had such a great time. There was so much to see. I hope to post a few more of my travel photos soon. Have a very lovely weekend.

      Delete
  8. I love SD. We owned land in Lemmon, in the western part of the state and spent our full-timing years summering there. At the time, there was a wonderful quilt shop 25 miles away in ND - owned by my doctor! Gotta love those states with a million or fewer people! I'd live there year round if it weren't winter 8 months of the year. =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles