Blog Archive

Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Spooky Day

Happy Happy Halloween and welcome!  Are you ready for a day of treats and not tricks? I  sure am. 

 

Joy at Days Filled with Joy blog is so generously  hosting an Autumn SAL. She will be providing a portion of a mystery embroidered piece over 5 weeks. These are free for just 1 month  after that there will be a nominal fee . Joy has already released WEEK 1's and WEEK 2's stitch . I will be working on a bit of embroidery today. 

Last week , I began a new project.  Lots and lots of hexies. More will be cut out today. 


Brenda at Songbird Designs has a new link party on Mondays. Hope you will pop in and visit. She always has something fun going on.


Tonight I will be a busy bee.  I will be packing up all of the Jacks and Cats. See you next year , sweet Halloween kitties. 


 

Time to look at last week's goal week. Wheeew ! I was not too productive. 




Did I Get er' Done?   Well.... Last week's goals were: 

🧵  Finish Gingerbread embroidery

🧵 Spend at least 15 minutes a day quilting on the Easter Quilt. Yep, I am still working on it. 😒🙄

❌🧵 Work on butterfly blocks. 

🧵 Work on Halloween Churn Dash Quilt

🧵 Work on a Christmas ornament. 

🧵 Continue working on "A Wish" 


Well I got a grade of 50 on this past week's assignment . Oh bummer! I will try for a better score this week. 

What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....

🧵Work on Easter Quilt
🧵 Work on Autumn SAL embroidery
🧵 Work on a new Cross Stitch Christmas ornie. 
🧵 Heading out on a new Camping adventure. Woo Hoo!

I am off to make treat bags for the youngins. Wishing you the most spooktacular day!

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Dear Great Pumpkin, I am looking forward to your arrival on Halloween night...- Linus

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. I imagine you would have had a great costume and  I know you would have been taking the boys trick or treating.  Love and miss you, Amo.


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That
Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

Have a safe and ghoulish night! 

7 comments:

  1. Wait, the Cats and Jacks have to go away today? I'm giving my decorations a bit longer. Mainly because I just finished Mr. October to hang today! Have a happy Halloween and on to November and Thanksgiving decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well part of them- I usually start late on Halloween night . I have a rafter of turkeys that are just waiting to escape into my fall decor .   . I certainly do not blame you on wanting to hang Mr. October to admire.   Happy Halloween , dear Bonnie

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your decorations Melisa! I think your butterfly blocks are just adorable. I see you have your crayons out on the gingerbread embroidery, I really need to get up my courage and try that. I hope your week is filled with joy, and thank you for always sharing so generously with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really enjoyed working on the butterfly blocks . I am creating this quilt in memory of my sister. I found the fabric that I want to use for sashing the other day so I hope to move this project along soon. Oh yes, you are going to have to try crayon tinting. It is so much . Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. Happy November, Diann. I have been dismantling Halloween today and pulling out the turkeys. Lol. I am glad we are not graded on our To Do List either. I would do well to make a C. Lol. Have a great week and Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are sorry to see all your jacks and kitties go, but I am looking forward to your Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies you share with us! Love your butterfly block. And, my that's a LOT of hexies - and more coming!! Thank you sew much for linking up with Monday Musings today!! Have an awesome and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Brenda. I have been pulling out Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the holidays. This is the 1st time I have created hexies. They are a lot of fun. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour