Blog Archive

Saturday, October 22, 2022

The Hall of Jacks and Cats

"When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam , May luck be with you on Halloween!"  

halloween-cat-vintage-image-graphicsfairy.jpg (1091×1600) Cute-Black-Cat-Digital-Freebie-GraphicsFairy-1.jpg (1061×1662)

Halloween is just 9 short days away. Where is this month going?  I have been trying to gather up a few bags of candy to make treat bags for the youngins. We will not have trick or treaters other than the grandbabies and nephews, and I actually go to them to give them their treats.  Candy has been awful hard to get a hold of here. There is loads of chocolate treats in the stores; I am not complaining about that because I am a chocolate lover too, but the grandbabies prefer other treats. 

Anywhoo, yesterday , I shared with you my Happy Jack Quilt which was in the Hall of Jacks and Cats. 

At the beginning of fall , this small "foyer" is decorated in all things Crow related, but come October, the crows fly away and the Jacks and Cats move in.

Fall Crow quilts. 
  
So I thought I would share The Hall of Jacks and Cats with you today. 

The small tree stays out year round. I added silver Christmas bells, a leaf garland and a black cat garland. The large vintage looking cat tree topper is a yardstake from the Dollar Tree.  Below the tree is a pumpkin made from an old dress and an old black cat. 

     

My Halloween quilts are draped over 3 shutters that I found at the Goodwill. I love changing them out each month.  

Last year I created the Witches Hat wall hanging. I attached some Dollar Tree witch leg door hangers to the quilt by using a few pins. I thought they looked cute hanging from the quilt. 

Yikes! Her feet are turned backwards. What's up Witchy Poo? 

The top of the thrifted shelf has cats and jacks that I have collected . Some are 20 years old or older. 


There are a number of framed appliqued pieces. 

There is even  an old peanuts container that I painted and decoupaged  years ago.

 The little Jack  October wool applique mug rug was once a  freebie from Shabby Fabrics . Now it is being offered as a kit. 

I still love drawing on chalkboards. I have 2 in this area right now. 

This chalkboard stays out year round. 

 

 

This little quilt hangs on a utility room door.

                        

 My daughter drew these characters over 20 years ago and I embroidered them. They still make me smile and they bring back fond memories. 

It has been awhile since you have seen the country clutter in the foyer. Wheww! That was  a lot to take in - wasn't it? But you know me I am no minimalist.   I  have to say that I am very grateful that you stopped by for a visit. 

Have a wonderful weekend and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

There is a child in everyone of us who is still a trick or treater  looking for a brightly lit porch. -Robert Brault

Kitty Kat Kisses and Halloween Wishes!!
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy who loved decorating for Halloween. Her theme - Spiders.  . I love and miss you Amo.  .

22 comments:

  1. You've been busy since you've been home from Nebraska, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That trip gave me the spark of energy that I needed. I wish it would last. Lol. Thank you so much, Gretchen.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful Halloween tour! I loved how you had evrything displayed. You gave me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAah thank you so much Pamela. I love decorating for Halloween and the grandbabies especially like it. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Your Halloween decoration is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. You are so very kind. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  4. It's so fun to look through all your stitching and collections, Melisa! Love those chalkboard drawings, and the quilt you made from DDs drawings!!!~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Nancy. That little quilt brings back fond memories. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Melisa, I would love to take a tour of your house...so much eye candy there! I am finishing Happy Cat today. What a fun and easy stitch! Thanks again for sharing your delightful charts with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Arlene. Your Happy Cat was amazing. I am so honored that you stitched him. Have a very lovely week and Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  6. I just love the embroideries that your daughters drew for you. So sweet! You have so many pretty things and I can just imagine your delight when you find a "new piece" to add to your collection. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treasure that little quilt.I am one of those mom's that saved every drawing that my kiddos gave me. Oh yes, I do get excited to add to my collection especially when it is found at the thrift stores. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit, Penny

      Delete
  7. Your Happy Jack is very cute in the Churn Dash. You have such a nice collection for your Halloween display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. I have been collecting for many years. The grandbabies really enjoy all of the Halloween . Thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  8. Love to look at all your Halloween items !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Annelies. I have been collecting for a long time. It is fun to pull these pieces out each year. Have a very lovely week.

      Delete
  9. So fun look at all your Halloween decoration, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Ivani. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind compliment. Happy stitching and quilting.

      Delete
  10. Your embroidery of your daughter's art is wonderful, she is talented. I seem to remember you saying that she does contribute to your wonderful clutter from time to time, great daughter. Love to see each tree that gets decorated, inspiring . Halloween candy, wow, I am never home on Halloween, but when the neighbor kids were little, I would make of Treat bags and give them the day before to start them on their way. I am now doing the same for their children when them come to visit the grandparents, so much fun to remember all of the fun times!!! Sending you many warm hugs and spooky kisses from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Mary. Yes both of my sweet daughters are good about gifting me treasures to add to my collection and then they like to tease me as well. They are minimalists Lol. Oh what lovely warm memories of Halloween and how wonderful that you are stilling making treat bags for now your neighbor's grandchildren. I am sure they are always excited to receive their treats. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  11. So much Halloween fun! I was really enjoying all the quilts. Is there a picture of the black and orange squares quilt with applique blocks inserted somewhere to see? I love seeing your quilts in their entirety. I always love seeing how you have saved your children's art in a permanent way. The scarecrow pumpkin man is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much, Ginny . I will have to take photos of the quilts and share them this week. These are some of my favorite Halloween quilts. Have a great week, my dear.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday