Blog Archive

Monday, October 24, 2022

A Little Hocus Pocus - An Itty Bitty Halloween Freebie

Double , double , boil and trouble  Fire burn and cauldron bubble. 

Welcome, my pretties!  Are you ready for a  wicked fabulous last week of October?  I  sure am. I am going to put on my witches' hat and  try to squeeze in a couple of  more Halloween projects by the end of the week .

 Yesterday  I  found this Prairie Schooler Freebie called WHOO WHOO on their website. Isn't he just as cute as a button?  He stitched up in a few short hours. I used DMC 301 for the orange and the called for 3371.  Every witch needs an owl . Don't you think? 


The other day I shared a photo from my hutch on Instagram and received so many kind compliments on my teeny Hocus Pocus witch.  


Thank you so much, friends. I stitched her awhile back but was not sure about her.  

Little Bits Tricks,  Little Bits Treats  and Hocus Pocus

Well today I thought I would share this teeny stitch.  Now it is a small one . On 14 count aida it measures about 2" x 2 3/8". 



I am making progress on the mini Halloween Churn Dash. 


Last night I began a new embroidery piece called " A Wish "  which is a Kathy Schmitz freebie.


 😀  How did that sneak in this post? It's not a Halloween project. Oh well. This witch will be squeeze in some Christmas as well.   
I had copied this pattern out a few days ago, but when I saw Joceyln's post at Canadian Needle  Nana about this freebie,  I knew it was time to begin it. Jocelyn has a wonderful blog . Usually on  Thursdays , she posts information about  freebies that she has found  on the web. Thank you Jocelyn for giving me the spark to begin this one and for keeping an eye out for wonderful projects . 



Since I  have been on vacation, it has been awhile since I have written out my goals list. Sooooo....

What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....

🧵  Finish Gingerbread embroidery

🧵 Spend at least 15 minutes a day quilting on the Easter Quilt. Yep, I am still working on it. 😒🙄

🧵 Work on butterfly blocks. 

🧵 Work on Halloween Churn Dash Quilt

🧵 Work on a Christmas ornament. 

🧵 Continue working on "A Wish" 


Well that goal list did not contain a lot of Halloween🙄🤨, but I promise you there will be some Halloween stitching going on.🎃  I plan to post about my Halloween hutch and tree and you know what that means- lots of country clutter. 

Ok, yall it's that time! Time to grab your needle and thread! Come on! Let's go work on something fun!🧵 Have a beautiful day , my friend and if you have a chance- eat some Halloween candy for me. 😀

 As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

A little spark of kindness can put a colossal burst of sunshine in someone's day.

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo.

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That
Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday





23 comments:

  1. I just love this time of year with so much on our minds. Halloween, Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas! So much to do, so much to see! I enjoy seeing what you are up to always--the stitcheries are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same as you do , Penny. I get so excited with all of the holidays and look forward starting new projects. Hope your week is off to a great start. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. I have been trying to stay busy. There are so many things I want to complete with the upcoming holidays. Have a very lovely week.

      Delete
  3. Hocus Pocus is so cute! I am starting Barnyard Christmas to do as ornaments for my daughter and family. They have moved to the family homestead and I think your little stitches will be perfect for little hands. Plus, the added bonus of not being breakable. Little boys, you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting, Ginny. I hope you enjoy them. They are quick to stitch up too. I have been working on some new ones to add to the collection. I will be sharing them throughout the season. Thank you for the sweet visit. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. What a fun post, thank you for the bitty and the snowman is adorable. I may have to check this out, you are such a good enabler for me!! Warm hugs from Sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, dear Mary. I love to enable and of course be enabled myself. Lol. I hope you have a beautiful week, my dear . Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. Can you please tell me what fabric/size you used for Prairie Schooler Whoo Whoo pattern. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah sure. I always stitch on 14 count aida. I usually tea/coffee dye it myself. Whoo Whoo was such a fun stitch. I bet you will stitch it up in no time. Happy stitching.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Melisa. You're patterns are adorable and fun to stitch.

      Delete
  6. That teeny witch is soooo cute! Your decorations are just adorable, it must be fun to walk around your house. Cute fabrics on your Halloween Churn Dash and I love the butterfly blocks. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind, Linda. Thank you so much. The fabrics in the Churn Dash certainly make me smile. I wish I had a bit more of the same fabrics for other projects. Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you share the pattern of the witch, it's fabulous! Though I'm afraid I'm slowly finishing the manor, I hope in time for Halloween, so I'll keep them for next year to start in july or august so I can do more. Because I better be ready for Christmas too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diana. Oh yes it would be great for next Halloween. I have so many that I want to stitch for the season , but like you I am off to stitch Christmas for it will be here in no time. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. So much eye candy! Isn't Kathy Schmitz' Wish a cute one? Her stitches are definitely recognizable. Thanks for Hocus Pocus. Very apropos for this season and the release of the new Hocus Pocus movie. Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweet visit, Judy. I just finished Wish and was surprised how quick it stitched up. Sew much fun. I can not wait to watch the new Hocus Pocus with the grandkids. Watching the 1st movie is a Halloween tradition. Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  9. So many pretty things on the go!! I love the new snowman stitchery you are starting! Have a great week and thanks for linking up with Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Joy. He was fun snowman to work on . I am also working on your Autumn SAL. Thank you so much for sharing it. I hope to post my progress soon. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  10. All of your little Halloween designs are adorable, Melisa! The witch is no exception :) Love your new PS owl, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Carol. I can not believe that in a few short days , I will be packing all of the Halloween away. This month has flown by. Happy stitching, my dear.

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for linking up with Monday Musings, Melisa! I really love that mini churn dash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Brenda. I am so excited for you on the new link up party. Thank you for all that you do . 

      Delete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle