Blog Archive

Friday, September 23, 2022

Pins and Needles and My Raggedy Fall Tree

It is a beautiful Friday in my neck of the woods. Welcome , Sweetie Pies! Just dropping in for a quick afternoon visit to show you that I have been keeping my foot to the pedal as I worked on a few blocks in the Quilt Nest.

These need a good pressing. Lol. 

 I pieced a new blue block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge . Whewww! I am glad I finally have something to share in Angela's RSC So Scrappy  link party .  

This long strip of blues will be made into something adorable. (Fingers crossed)🀞 I'm thinking of an appliqued design. I can not wait to share when I am done. 


A couple of weeks ago, I finished decorating my raggedy white Christmas tree for fall. 


My fall tree is a bit of a leaner this year. LOL. The photos make it look worse than it is. It is crammed full ;isn't it? 
 

 Any whooo, Mr. Pinker came into the living room, and I shouted with glee, "It's done! It's done!" 


Mr. Pinker's eyes grew  as big as  saucers as he looked about in confusionπŸ‘€ . "What's happened? What's done? " 

"My fall tree, silly!!!" I exclaimed. 


"Where? Oh,  it's a bit full isn't it? Mr. Pinker asked as he eyed it . (Why after all of these years has Mr. Pinker not realized that I am not a minimalist? Lol I don't know. πŸ€·πŸ™„πŸ˜„ )

Mr. Pinker looked  over it intently and then asked half jokingly , "Where's the tree?"  . πŸ˜‚πŸŒ² 

"Aaah it's in there, I promise! " I said.  


"I like seeing needles", said Mr. Pinker. "Pine needles not the ones that seem to fall on the floor and then I have the tendency to step on. "   

Oh, boy , I thought here; we go again talking about why he has to wear shoes in the house because I have needles and pins everywhere. I do work to keep them wrangled up though.  (Have you heard that conversation before?) 

" Well dear," I happily answered, "I want to see all of my stitching and country clutter; it makes my heart sing. " 

  

With a wink of his eye, Mr. Pinker said"  A happy wife is a happy life. I love your fall tree if you do. ❤πŸ’› " 

" Thank you, dear- Now tell me if you see any needles or pins on the floor. "  πŸ˜€πŸ˜š

With a peck on the cheek , Mr. Pinker then strolled out of the room and then I heard "Ouch!!!!" Lol. "Found one!" 😲😳🩹


Well , thank you so much for stopping by today to see my quilt blocks, my country clutter and to hear my little tale. By the way, Mr. Pinker is fine and dandy.  Wishing you a fabulous and fun Friday . 

 As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

The only thing that will make you happy, is being happy with who you are! - Goldie Hawn

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy who always kept an eye out for sewing items for me . I love and miss you Amo . 


 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 


Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday


Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday
 

18 comments:

  1. Your fall tree looks fabulous, Melisa! Love it! Your quilt blocks are looking awesome, and I can't wait to see what you do with that long strip of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I have enjoyed the fall tree and seeing all of my stitching on it. I am looking forward to decorating for Halloween here soon. Have a lovely week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Love your fall tree! Your dh is so funny - why oh why is it the men that find our needles and pins? LOL!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that is so true. My hubby is always scanning the floor for pins and needles. Of course my sewing is scattered all about. Have a great week, Donna and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, your exchange with Mr. Pinker had me chuckling!!! Love your autumn tree, filled with the love of all your hand stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Nancy. DH would have probably never paid any attention that my tree was decorated for fall, but he does notice pins in the floor. Lol. Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Haha, Mr Pinker is very smart ;) Too bad for the needle, but hey, you have a pretty Fall tree! Lovely RSC block too!
    Thank you for sharing blocks and little tale, and linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much. DH is always finding my needles and pins .He scans the floor for them. Have a blessed week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  5. This is so funny. Yes I have heard "ouch why did you drop your needle). We pulled up the carpet and have hardwood floors. That makes it easier to see the needles and they don't get stuck in the rug. Love your fall tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'll have to tell hubby he is not alone. We pulled up our carpet years ago too and it has certainly made a difference in finding them before anyone gets poked that is for sure. Thank you for the sweet visit and happy stitching.

      Delete
  6. I just so love everything you do! It's such a pleasure to read your blog and your patterns are so generous and the cutest things ever can't thank you enough. Have we ever met Mr. Pinker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you made my day, Lori. Thank you so much for lifting my spirits. Lol no, Mr. Pinker avoids the camera , but gets a kick when I include him in my stories . I hope your week is a blessed one . Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your Fall Tree is AMAZING!!! what fun!!! and poor Mr Pinker.... I feel like there is a book of Pinker Poems in the tales of Woe for Mr Pinker in there somewhere!! Illustrated with all the county clutter haha!!!

    Your blue block is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much for the sweet visit and giggle, Alycia. I have to admit Mr. Pinker is a good sport- He doesn't mind that I like the country clutter and doesn't complain too much when he steps on a pin. Lol. Have a fabulous week and happy quilting. 

      Delete
  8. I have a "pin finder" in my house, too! Love your little tree. Who needs needles on the tree when you have pins on the floor? (I have a "pin finder" in my house, too! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, My hubby can find pins a lot faster than I can. He now scans the floor in search of them just in case. πŸ˜€ Thank you for the sweet visit , Sandy and for the kind compliment. I hope your day is a blessed one.

      Delete
  9. Your RSC blocks are looking SEW good (as are your all your pumpkins and scarecrows!) Why am I not surprised that you are completely decorated for Autumn? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Joy . I am definitely a seasonal decorator and lol had to have an autumn tree. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday