Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Oh, What A Slump!


Good afternoon, ya'll and Happy Tuesday.  It has been a few days since I have posted . To be honest I have been in a social media slump. 😜.  That happens every now and then where I just do not know what to say. As Dr. Seuss says, I need to "un slump".  But I swear-   I have been busy though. 

The weather has been quite nice. We have had afternoon showers. 
Look at those dark clouds forming over the barn.
 

But the temps have been in the 80's- great for sitting outside on the porch and enjoying some stitch time. 
Woo Hoo! The grandbabies' ball season has officially began.  The youngest is playing football .He is eat up with it.  

Run baby, run! 


The oldest is in fall baseball. This is his first year in kid pitch ; I am looking forward to seeing him get ahold of a ball. 

Getting ready to steal a base. 

In other news,  the house is in complete shambles. 😏 The oldest grandbaby wanted a queen  size bed so I was certainly glad to oblige and give him one of mine. You know what that meant.  One task led to another with reorganizing and pulling out this and that.  The bed which was located in the spare bedroom is where I laid 35 antique quilts. I have to admit when I laid on top of the bed - I felt like the Princess and the Pea. - quite comfy to say the least. 
 Any whooo. All of those had to come off. Now they are folded up waiting to find a place to store them. 
These quilts are the big thick heavy ones of days long ago. If I stacked them one on top of the other, they would reach the ceiling . 
Mr. Pinker joked that we will  never go cold with all of the quilts nor will we ever running out of mugs or tea cups. 😀

I have made a bit of progress on my Blackbird Designs 1861 Antique Sampler. 
Here is where I had left off the last time you saw it. 

Today's progress. I could finish it in about an hour. 


The other day I went to the thrift store and look who jumped into my buggy- a sweet new teddy in a red chair. I had to have him . 


He has been monitoring my progress on this sweet Annie Beez design called " Bee Sweet" that was gifted to me by dear PJ. 


This has all the things I love- bees, flowers and the American flag. 

Thank you, PJ.  You are as sweet as honey. 🤗🍯🐝

Speaking of bees my Bee Skep quilt is still in the hoop. I am making slow progress on it . It will bee ready next year for sure. 


 I used some gifted upholstery type  and wool fabrics for the skeps . Love the texture of them. 


Mr. Pinker and I will be heading out on a camping trip here shortly to a campground that we have not visited before. I think some time by the campfire will give me the rejuvenation that I need  to get back in the groove. 


For the rest of the week , the plans are to 
🧵Become unslumped. lol
🧵Work on the Bee Skep quilt
🧵Finish the Blackbird Designs stitch 
🧵Have a whole lot of fun at the campground. 
I think I can do all of this . Don't you? 

Well I am so delighted you stopped by for a visit.  Have a wonderful day and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

You'll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut- Dr. Seuss. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo. 



I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday





16 comments:

  1. So good to see your post! I so understand the slump...and baseball thought they had it! HA! I'm finishing up the squirrel on Autumn stamps - I may even get it all done before the actual start of Autumn! LOL!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Donna. I think if only I had more hours in the day to get done all of the things I wanted to do. Lol. I hope you are enjoying the Squirrel stamp. It was one of my favorites. I am confident you will get it done in now time. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Bee Sweet is a very pretty cross stitch project as is Bee Skep quilt .
    I am stitching Autumn stamps and enjoying it so much thanks for this cute SAL, althought behind I am having fun.
    Have great camping days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to hear that you are stitching the Autumn Stamps , Ivani. That makes my day. Thank you so much . I have really enjoyed stitching bee pieces this year. I am looking forward to completing this one and adding to my bee collection. Have a great week and happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. I understand your "slump". Some weeks I have words that just flow out of my mind and through my fingertips... and others, not so much! It will all balance out in the end. Hugs, Melva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement, Melva . I am so glad to hear that I am not alone . Have a very lovely week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Happy holiday, soon to come. I love your cute little toy truck and caravan, all nice and Autumny, is that a word, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much,Jenny for the kind words. Anytime I see a truck or camper in decor I feel like I have to have it. Lol. Have a great day.

      Delete
  5. I just love seeing all your cross stitches and your autumn decor! Looks so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Joy. Autumn is one of my favorite times of year especially when I start pulling out all of the fall quilts and stitching. Have a great week and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  6. I too understand the slump. when I retired I was in one for about a year. yet I have to say your blog has helped me alot. I love hearing about your advantagers and grandbabies ( aren't they just great? love mine to pieces) You have inspired me any many ways. if I knew how to send you a picture I would show you the cupboard my husband and I made out of old window shutters. Which allows me to put some of my special things out to for me to see and enjoy. I just love you cabinet displays always. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patty, I can not tell you how much that means to me. I am so deeply honored to hear that I brought you a bit of inspiration. And I am so excited that you have a new cupboard to enjoy your treasures. Your cupboard sounds amazing and what a great way to use old shutters. Enjoy your sweet retirement , my dear. It is an adjustment, but oh so sweet when you get into the groove. Have a great evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Here's to "un-slumping" soon! I can relate. I have a quilt that has stalled and I know that even 10 minutes a day would have that quilt soon behind me. I hope your get-away camping does the trick for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I hope that you become unslumped on your quilt too.Don't you just hate it when you get that "slumpy" feeling? lol. Wishing you a beautiful day and some stolen moments working on the quilt. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. My family often uses the Princess and the Pea as a way of explaining their pickiness about something - lol! It was always my favorite child's book. Haha Mr Pinker has a fine sense of humor. ;) I am so glad you gave Mr Teddy a new home! Enjoy your camping trip, and I hope you find your rejuvenation, although it's perfectly fine to take that break from social media - we all should!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my favorite stories as a child too. I was hoping to find my old childhood book but could not find it. Thank you for the sweet visit, Linda and for hosting the weekly parties. You and the others always bring me inspiration. 

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday