Blog Archive

Monday, September 19, 2022

Rested , Refreshed and Ready to Run.

 A very lovely Monday to you, my friends. Mr. Pinker and I  arrived back home from our camping trip yesterday afternoon. We had a wonderful trip. The very first night that we rolled into the campground we saw a copperhead slithering across the road. Yikes!!!  You better believe I kept my eyes peeled whenever I was outside after that. 

 We had never been to this campground before. And though most of the campsites were full, it was quiet and peaceful . Can you tell that the campsite was a tight squeeze ?

 We were able to put down our steps, but nothing else.  The picnic table was on the hill. Mr. Pinker and I would sit there as I worked on the Santa blocks that I showed you yesterday. 

Down the road was Melton Dam.  It is 103 feet high and stretches 1020 feet across the Clinch River. 

There were many fishermen fishing along the banks and in boats. Didn't get photos of them though. 

In the distance, we could see the Tower Shielding Facility.  Small nuclear reactors were once suspended from the towers many years ago as researchers explored the feasibility of nuclear powered aircrafts. 

      

This fake tree holds solar panels. It was near the dam as well. 

Mr. Pinker and I went to several thrift stores. I came home with a few goodies including the prim wooden box, the 2 doilies , and the handmade basket which is signed and dated ( Made in 2000).

      

So I am being a copy cat again. Who am I copying this time ? - Melva of Melva Loves Scraps. Melva not only loves to quilt , but she loves to camp too. She has been working on a "Camp Journal Quilt". I have been enjoying seeing her blocks and the adventures that inspired them. So I thought I would do the same. I have my first block for this quilting trip.  Oak Leaves. 

 I chose to applique this design since we camped near Oak Ridge.  I still have some embroidery work to do on this block , but I am already dreaming of blocks for previous camping trips taken this year.  

I am making my To Do List for the Week. 

Did I Get er' Done?   Well.... Last week's goals were:  

🧵Become unslumped. lol
🧵Work on the Bee Skep quilt
🧵Finish the Blackbird Designs stitch   ( Eeeh! I did it! I will show it to you when I unpack. ) 
🧵Have a whole lot of fun at the campground. 

Woo Hoo!!!! 100 % on last week's goals

 What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....
🧵Finish Applique on Cheri Payne's Santa blocks. 
🧵 Work on Bee Skep Quilt.

🧵 Create one more camping block. 
🧵Embroider details on Oak Leaf block. 
🧵Finish a couple of cross stitch pieces into pin pillows. 

OK We will see by Sunday if I can meet these goals. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Before you leave, I wanted to show you the most darling wooden door sign that my daughter gifted me. 

She has purchased several of these from a local crafter over the years.  This is my first Christmas sign though. I have the Mason Jar sign hanging in the hall right now. 

I am expecting to be rolling at full speed today. Family visits,cleaning, and 2 ball games tonight. I am hoping to sneak into the Quilt Nest at some point.  I sure hope your day is a productive and joyous one. Thank you  for the sweet visit, my dears and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Rested, refreshed and ready to run,  the 3 R's of peak performance. - Hal Higdon.   

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo.

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday






















31 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts above any other blogs I follow. We share a love of so many of the same things ie... quilting, embroidery, cross stitch, country decorating and of course thrifting. You truly brighten my day! One last comment, If I had pulled into a campground and saw a copperhead snake slithering across the road, I would have turned around and headed right back out. I abhor snakes. 😊 Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you brightened my day. Thank you so much. When I first started blogging , I was scared to death and I still get butterflies every time I post. But my daughter encouraged me and said I might meet other's that enjoyed the same things. I feel that I am quite boring, but your sweetness sure makes me feel special. I am so delighted to hear that we enjoy the same things; it makes me feel like I am not alone in my passions. Lol. Oh and the snake- Yikes I was scared to death. One night I even woke up thinking there was a snake in the camper. Lol Of course there wasn't. Have a day. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Your Santa blocks are adorable, Melisa! Glad you had a good trip and hope you didn't have any more copperhead sightings. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I have really enjoyed working on the Santas. Thankfully there were no more snake sightings. The camphost said they had never seen one before, but hubby said they come out at night to the pavement when it is cooler. I do not want to see another for a long time. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great, fun trip, Melisa! I love your Merry Christmas door sign, as well as the one with the Mason jar!! Fun. Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. It was a great trip. My daughter has found some awfully cute signs over the years for me. The ladies that create them do a wonderful job. Have a very lovely week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. So glad you and Mr. Pinker had a fun and relaxing time -- at least once you fit into that tight fit. I would have been stressed. To my husband (probably yours as well), fitting into that tight spot is just another day. Oh no on the copperhead! LOVE the idea of the camping journal. I can't wait to see how yours progresses. What fun to go to the little thrift stores. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kathy. We certainly had a relaxing time. It was just what I needed to clear my head. Oh yes, hubby just wheels on it the tight spot, but I could not do that at all. We drove around the campground later to find future spots that are not as tight. I hope you have a great week. Happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you had a great trip. Your new door sign is beautiful. The camping journal quilt will be a fun one to make. Have a great week, Melisa and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ivani. It was such a nice trip. I have to admit I am already geared up to go on another. I was delighted with the door sign that my daughter gifted me. She always finds the cutest things. Have a great week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a good trip and that journal quilt will be a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Cheree. It will be a lot of fun and bring back fun memories of our adventures camping. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  7. Glad your camping trip was a success, I wouldn't have set foot outside the camper after seeing the slither-I am petrified of any kind of those things. Happy stitchin' and goal meeting this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip, Vicki. I have to admit, each time that I stepped out of the camper I was eyeing the ground for snakes. Hubby even tried to scare me as if a snake was near. I bet I jumped 10 feet . Lol. Have a great week and Happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. What fun to camp at a new spot. Interesting info on the dam and surroundings. You made good progress and I'll look forward to seeing some more of your finishes. A journal quilt always sounds like such a grand idea. I'd probably fail at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Judy. Hubby and I enjoy visiting the dams around our area. We did not get on the water this trip though. I think the camping journal will be a fun quilt to work on. I hope to make another block this week. Have a great week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. That looks like a picturesque river and quite a steep hill next to your camper - glad you had a good time camping. I love Melva's camp journal quilt and will enjoy seeing yours grow. What a cute Christmas sign!
    Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. We certainly enjoyed our trip and it is always fun to explore a new area. I can not tell you how many times I have went back and looked at Melva's progress . She has brought me much inspiration to start this new project. Have a great week.

      Delete
  10. Welcome back! I'm not a big fan of copperheads either. Very interesting pictures and fun facts about the dam and surrounding area. I love the idea that you are making a camping quilt. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. I am just not a fan of snakes. I know there are some good ones, but lol I just do not want to see any of them especially when camping. But I guess that is par for the course.. Lol. Have a wonderful week , my dear.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you made the best of a less than perfect camp spot. Copperheads are no joke. I would have been less than enthusiastic. Your new basket may be a Longaberger and the signed and dated ones are worth $. A higher value is placed on examples if they have been painted blue, white, green, yellow, or red. Splint baskets have a wide price range and can fetch from as little as $10 to several thousands of dollars. I am looking forward to seeing the Camp Journal quilt grow. Blessings for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Ginny for the information on the basket. I will have to reevaluate it and look at some of my others that I know are Longabergers. I do believe I have a basket addiction, but sshhhh! We won't tell anyone. Lol. Have a lovely and blessed week.

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a great camping trip other than the snake, Melisa! Oh, my--I would probably just stay in my camper the whole time if I knew there were Copperheads lurking :)

    Love that box you picked up at the thrift store--and your Santa blocks are looking adorable! Hope you are having this gorgeous weather that we're having in Pennsylvania today ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, everytime I stepped out of the camper I was looking for snakes. Lol. One night I even dreamed of one . I always made sure I was inside before dark though. Thankfully the weather has been nice - still hot but not as muggy. Thank you for the sweet visit and have a great week.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for the inspiration of a camping journal quilt. We returned from our first road trip in our motorhome on September 12th. I have ordered what I'm hoping is a pattern for a Michigan lighthouse quilt block today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun , Rose. I am so delighted that you are going to work on a quilt about your camping adventures too. I love lighthouses; I bet it will be an adorable block and bring back fond memories. I hope you had a wonderful time on your road trip and was able to relax . Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  14. Oooh what a lovely post with lots of "this and that"! I love your camper, that is on my wishlist (lol!); love your thrift shop haul and what you've been working on! Thanks for linking up with Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Joy for the sweet visit and for the link party. We had a wonderful trip.It was nice just to get away even for a few days. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  15. What a great idea to make a quilt square about each camping trip. It will be a great memory when you are back home from your trips. I love the three autumn leaves block. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweet visit, Judy. I am excited about making a camping quilt.I have been keeping a camping journal for years so this will be a nice addition to documenting our trips. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  16. If you camp there again, let me know. I live right at the beginning of the Oak Ridge Highway, near Western and Schaad! I could meet you in Oak Ridge or come out to the camp ground. I'd love that!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday