Saturday, December 5, 2020

Farm Christmas Tree

Good morning. Woo Hoo! My farm tree is up! I have been working on ornaments for this tree since July.  My tree  is a little wonky and already leaning probably from the weight of all of the ornaments Lol. But it is up. Do you know what?  I have never had a new tree; I have always been the lucky recipient of family hand me downs which is fine with me. I received this tree from my brother a couple of years ago. 
I live in a small house so this  tree is lovingly placed in front of the window between the queen Anne chair which is from my great grandmother and a little wooden desk from about the 1950's . You get   a slight glimpse of my couch . Can you guess how old it is?  59 years old. Lol It is a hand me down from Mr. Pinker n Punkin's family. I have it slip covered with colors that I am attracted too. 

This is how my tree looked last year. It was in  the gingerbread theme. 
This year you can find all kinds of ornaments and decor in the gingerbread theme, but two years ago it was harder to find in my area so I made my own decorations. All of those gingerbread men and peppermints are made from Coca Cola cardboard boxes cut up and painted. It was thrifty  way to get a lot of cute ornaments. I decorated my tree in gingerbread in 2018 & 2019 so it was time for a change. 

 Now this year I used a variety of filler ornaments to go in with my Barnyard Christmas cross stitch series. I used a barn plaque from Walmart as the tree topper with a big red bow from the Dollar General.
I have a variety or ornaments all pilled on the tree.  The ornaments may not be hung perfectly straight , but that is ok.   I have to admit there is a lot to take in: I really love it to be crammed full. That is just my style. The Holestein cow ornaments were finds from Walmart this year. 
The cross stitch ornament is my Christmas Barn . 

At the Dollar General , I found buffalo checked ornaments and silver bells for $1.00. 


The barn ornaments were also from the Dollar General. They came in a white and a red .Dollar General also had the cute mason jar ornaments.  My daughter bought me the Farm Fresh Christmas Tree pillow on Black Friday. She is such a sweetie. 
I had a couple of Santas in my Barnyard Christmas series including "Santa's Visit" and "Santa on the Farm" . 
The Christmas Goat was one of my last ornaments of the Barnyard Christmas series. Isn't that the cutest Buffalo checked barn? 

The sweet little sheep ornament was called "Special Delivery". I enjoyed stitching this little piece.  I got the little milk can ornament at Dollar General.  Can you see a pattern here? I did a lot of Dollar General shopping- Lol. 

"Hanging the Star ' is a sweet little ornament . I love the slight tilt of the sheep's head. 

The first ornament in the series was called 'Chicken Sled" . It started the whole series and tree. 


Throughout the tree, are little paper chickens with handwritten words on them like "Bless the Farm", "Christmas Farm" and "Cluck , Cluck" etc. 
I have some little tobacco basket ornaments which I treasure. I found those at Walmart and how appropriate since I grew up on a tobacco farm. If you look carefully, you may see a Barnyard Christmas ornament that I did not post- it just did not make the cut. Lol. 

.
I stitched the little sheep pillow last year. I believe it was a freebie. I made it in a little pillow and added a little buffalo checked ribbon and pine cone.  
 I used white spray paint to lightly coat pine cones from the farm to add to the tree. 


Below the tree is a little village including a farm scene.  Hanging above the barn is "Santa' Ride" . 


I was tickled to death to get this little barn this year. I have the village on an old lace tablecloth. 

This scene inside the barn  brings back fond childhood memories of milking old Blackie on our farm.
The Santa on the tractor was a Christmas ornament that I snipped the string hanger off. 

So that is my Farmhouse Christmas tree. I have to admit I did not decorate the back or the sides too heavily if those areas were not going to be seen.  The grandbabies have already started moving the ornaments around and playing with the village. It warms my heart to see their eyes sparkle with excitement when they look at the tree. 

If you missed any of the Barnyard Christmas charts, you can click on the names below and you will be directed to those charts.  

Previous charts include: 

Chicken Sled ,   Santa's Ride ,  Special Delivery , Christmas BarnChristmas BucketChristmas Tractor , Santa on the Farm,  Mrs. Claus on the Farm , The Stockings Were Hung ,   Santa's Visit  ,  Hanging the Star .   , Skiing on the Farm  Farm Truck  , Baking on the Farm , and Christmas Goat .

Thank you so much for visiting and for checking out my Farm Christmas tree.  I hope to add more cross stitch ornaments to it next year. 

Happy Stitching, ya'll

Melisa






 

17 comments:

  1. VERY VERY FUN!!! I love it. Lots of time, talent and love went into it and it shows. Enjoy and "Mooooey" Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are just so sweet, Maureen. Thank you so much for visiting and seeing my farm tree. I am happy with it and thrilled that the grandkids are enjoying it. The youngest of course loves the village below the tree. lol. It has been fun journey stitching the ornaments and trying to find accessory ornaments to compliment them though. Have a Moooey Christmas too- lol I love that. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I so appreciate your kind compliment. It is always fun coming up with a new theme for a tree but a little scary too because I did not know if it would come together. Lol . Thank you so much for visiting. Merry Christmas, Melisa

      Delete
  3. très beau sapin de Noël. bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  4. magnifique !!!! j'imagine le temps passé pour une telle réalisation ....
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Valerie. It sure does feel good to have it up and to be able to enjoy those little ornaments. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Merry Christmas

      Delete
  5. Your tree is so gorgeous with all of your farmhouse ornaments!!! You are so talented. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lecia. I hope you are doing well.Thank you kindly on my farm tree. I am so glad to be able to sit back and enjoy it now. It was a fun stitching journey over the last few months. Have a lovely week and Merry Christmas. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  6. Your house is so festive! I would enjoy just sitting and enjoying all the pretties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind, Connie. That is what my mom says all the time. When she comes to visit she likes to see how I have moved things around or changed things out. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit . Have a Merry Christmas, Hugs Melisa

      Delete
  7. Melisa, your Farm themed Christmas tree is delightful. I know that you will enjoy having it up throughout the season. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate it, Robin. It has been a long few months filled with lots of stitching but lots of joy. I a so happy to be able to sit on the couch and enjoy it. Have a wonderful week and Merry Christmas, Melisa

      Delete
  8. OH ... MY ... GOODNESS!!! You really know how to load up a tree. Absolutely, incredibly beautiful. I happen to be a maximalist so love the style. More is just about right in my book. ;) Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Tammy. My husband jokes that he would like to see an ounce of the tree, but for me more is better and makes my heart leap as my eyes scan all of the festive ornaments. Oh how fun that I am not the only one out there that enjoys country clutter as my family says. Thank you so much for visiting and Merry Christmas, Melisa

      Delete
  9. Melisa
    I LOVE this sweet Tree of yours and I can truly appreciate all the work you put into it..!! Love the farm on the bottom...Reminds me of the one I used to play with when I was a child which I currently have up in my Sitting Room....I also love all the work you put into making the Gingerbread ornaments for the Tree in years past. It is funny how things seem to come back around in a few years....Thanks so much for your visits and kind words!! I truly appreciated them!! I hope you had a good weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is lovely. Although my tree is decorated with traditional ornaments, I do have some of my handwork displayed.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies