Blog Archive

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Fluttering and Flittering Sunday and a Strawberry Stamp Freebie

Sunday Salutations, Sweet Friends! The week of May is in our rear view mirror and here it is the 2nd of June.  Wheww! This year is flying by isn't? 

This week I shared my Scrapberry pattern . It is a little chunkier berry than what my original Scrapberry was. 

I also posted June's Heart embroidery called " A Buzzy Garden".

 Do you know what I will be quilting on today? You guessed it Scrapberries will be my Slow Sunday Stitch!  It is just too sweet for me to put downšŸ“šŸ“šŸ“šŸ“. 


Two scrappy wonky berries are quilted. 


Some of these fabrics are 30 years old.  Do you have any of these in your scrap bins? 
I decided to echo  quilt around the berry and quilted a heart in the center of the scrapberry. 


 I just may sneak a few stitches in my Alabama Beauty as well. I have moved the hoop 1 time. 

May I interest you in a Strawberry Quilt Stamp? šŸ¤—šŸ“ I loved stitching this stamp.

I will be FFOing Strawberry Quilt Stamp today. 

UPDATE: June 3, 2024 I finished the stamp into a little pin pillow. 



 I have one more stamp to share this season which I will share next Sunday  that is if the sun shines and the creek don't rise. 

 I used the following DMC floss colors in this stamp:  DMC 498, 223, 782,  937, and  Blanc. 

šŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µ

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

šŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µšŸ§µ





If you have missed any of the other strawberry stamps, I invite you to hop over to the previous posts by clicking on the colored links. 


  

Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were..
šŸŒž1. Quilt on Scrapberries 
šŸŒž2.Work on "Into the Garden " cross stitch. The stitching is complete . This is a sneak peek of Into the Garden . It will be a future freebie  perhaps next year. ( I am trying to stitch things to post for when I am gone on vacation in the winter.)
  
šŸŒž3. Quilt "Alabama Beauty" .

šŸŒž4. Work  on Mini Bouquet Sampler.
 
Progress as of May 11, 2024
Progress as of June 1, 2024

I continued working on July's Bouquet. The tomatoes are stitched. Now it is time for the vase. 
❌šŸŒž5. Continue working on Summer Checklist.
šŸŒž6. Memorial Day start- Patriotic Heart by Sampler Not Forgotten
šŸŒž7. Work on crumb blocks.
 

šŸŒž8. Sew, Stitch , Sew! Hmmm that should be no problem whatsoever.šŸ˜€ 
I fluttered and flittered from one project to another this week. One of the projects I fluttered to was  "Stars & Stripes" from With thy Needle and Thread. My sweet friend PJ, gifted me this chart  awhile back . I started it when my daughter was stationed in South Korea.  Thank you , dear PJ for this chart. 



Woo Hoo! I almost got everything complete!


Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
šŸŒž1. Quilt on Scrapberries 
šŸŒž2.Work on Squirrel Mason jar
šŸŒž3. Quilt "Alabama Beauty" .
šŸŒž4. Work  on Mini Bouquet Sampler. 
šŸŒž5. Continue working on Summer Checklist.
šŸŒž6. Memorial Day start- Patriotic Heart by Sampler Not Forgotten
šŸŒž7. Work on crumb blocks. 

šŸŒž8. Piece more Flag blocks

šŸŒž9. Write post for Bonus Heart Block . 

šŸŒž10. Yipee! We are going on a weekend camping trip!!!

That's a fair list to keep me busy this week. Don't you think? I am off to see if I can tackle a task or two. I wish you a wonderful and productive week. 

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Do great things today and everyday.

Hugs and Stitches!!! šŸ¤—šŸ§µ

 Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I miss and love you so much.   ❤šŸ‘¼

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

44 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this pretty little strawberry.
    Happy Sunday with family.
    Kisses,
    PilarĆ­n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so welcome and thank you for the sweet Sunday visit, Pilarin. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. You are quilting two quilts at once? I hope you make progress with both of them this week, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am juggling two as focus quilts. I think the Strawberry quilt is going to take a little longer than I expected. Thank you so much , Gretchen and Happy quilting.Hugs

      Delete
  3. Oh goodie another strawberry stamp. I started farm fresh berries stamp yesterday. I love all the stamps and hope to fully finish them next week. It will be my first full week out of school. I have lots of home projects to get done but will try and get some stitching time in. Happy stitching and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeh Summer Vacation! How exciting! I wish you a wonderful summer , Joy. Farm Fresh Berries should stitch up quickly. I hope you enjoy every stitch. I am so honored that you have been stitching along with me. I can not thank you enough ; you have given me motivation these last few weeks. Best of luck on working on the home projects and in getting in some stitching time. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. The strawberry stamp is really cute. You had a pretty productive week, especially with that long to do list. Good luck with this week's list. The Mini Bouquet sampler is so pretty. Have a great week playing with needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accomplished more than I expected considering the grandbabes and nephews were here. Hopefully, I will have another productive week. Thank you for the sweet Sunday visit, Kate. Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Alabama Beauty is such a lovely piece--it's fun to visit all the different fabrics while hand quilting, isn't it?
    That Daylily is such a gorgeous color--mine haven't bloomed as yet--still too chilly here...

    Echo quilting around the strawberries is just perfect to set them off...nice works in progress!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to visit all of the fabrics in Alabama Beauty. I try to imagine what the original quilter used the fabrics for- perhaps a dress , apron or a man's shirt. Thank you so much for the sweet Sunday visit, Julierose. I hope you had a great day stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your Scrapberries is very pretty, and I love the echo and heart quilting. I started to quilt only 20 years ago, so my stash is a little younger than yours ;) But yep, it's fun to use some of the oldest. Have fun with your week list, and enjoy your weekend camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Frederique. I am enjoying this scrappy quilt. I am so glad to have been able to put these scraps to use. Some of the fabrics are even from my girls ' clothing- such warm memories. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Super cute!!! I definitely remember some of those fabrics! And so much progress!!! Have a great week, Melisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Nancy. I am having a ball working on Scrapberries especially looking at all of those precious scraps that I have used. Lol. Have an awesome week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Love your crumb blocks. I wish I still had some of the fabric I had 30 years ago, specifically some I bought, loved, but never made into anything so I gave it away! Your bouquet sampler is so pretty. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how old some of the fabrics were when I started looking at them. I am glad to have them in a quilt rather than the scrap bin. Oh, don't you just hate it when you have "fabric regrets" . I wish I had bought more of the country fabrics decades ago. Those are now some of my fabrics. Thank you for the sweet Sunday visit, Linda. Have and awesome week. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. You are carrying out many projects at the same time, Melisa!
    I admire your organization and tenacity.
    Hugs from Seville and happy start to the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Isabel. I always flutter from one project to another. It is a wonder that I ever get anything done, but eventually I do. LOL. Have a beautiful week, sweet friend. Hugs

      Delete
  10. Your week was super productive! Way to go on making so much progress on so many projects! As for age of the scrap bin. . .I've inherited fabrics from many decades . . .they seem to go together no matter the age, Isn't that interesting?--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect to get so much completed with the grandsons here, but surprisingly , I was able to check off a lot on my goal list. Isn't it fun to look back at the older fabrics? Ooh how wonderful that you have inherited some older fabrics. If you were like me, I bet you oohed and aahed over each piece. Thank you for dropping by , Terry .Have a wonderful week . Hugs.

      Delete
  11. It's always so enjoyable to see what you're working on each week, Melisa! I love those strawberry blocks that you're quilting, and your new strawberry stamp, too. You have me obsessed with stitching strawberries now, too, lol! Have a great week, and enjoy your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diann. I am having a great time working on the strawberry quilt. I hope to at least get 2 more blocks quilted this week. Fingers crossed. I am still debating on whether to take it with me while camping. Eeeh, I am so excited that you are as obsessed with berry stitching as I am . Lol. It is so much fun that you are stitching along with me. Thank you. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Totally in love with the Strawberry Quilt Stamp, thank you, thank you!!! Love the Scrapberry Quilt you have created. Hugs to you and your family this wonderful Sunday from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw I am so happy that you like it as much as I do, Mary. It is probably one of my favorites thus far. I wish you a wonderful week. Stay cool and comfy. Hugs from the Holler.

      Delete
  13. Love the Strawberry Quilt Stamp Melisa, and especially the fact that you have told us the nos. you used. I have such trouble deciding on colours, and even if I don’t use your listed colours it helps me to choose. Love all the quilting you are stitching too. šŸ˜šŸ‘šŸ™‹‍♀️šŸ©·šŸ’œšŸ©·šŸ’œšŸ‘‹šŸ˜˜xx Hugs, Barbara @flashingscissors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, Barbara and thank you. I am the same as you- I have troubles with colors too and always worry about them. But I am so happy that you enjoy me listing them; it makes me feel a little more confident. I wish you a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Another cute little stamp, Melisa! Thanks! Your quilting is looking great. Have a great week and enjoy your camping trip next weekend! Thanks in advance for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. It was such a fun little stamp to work on. I hope to get it FFO'd this week. I am dragging my heels on finishing. Lol. Have a great week and Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Another cute strawberry stamp. Strawberry season is in full swing here. I could eat them at every meal! Happy stitching and quilting Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum, Gail. I hope you are able to enjoy the fresh berries by the handfuls. Strawberry season is over here, but the blueberries are coming in. I love them too. Enjoy your week and thank you for the sweet visit Hugs.

      Delete
  16. You are one busy lady! I love the month of June's heart. Enjoy your stitching and good luck on your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Deb. I try to stay as busy as possible . Every now and then I get something completed. Lol. I really enjoyed working on the June heart. I go out to the farm to see the bees every week so this one is special to me. Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. You are so creative! I love all the things you make! šŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah Vicki, you are so very kind; thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my day with such a sweet compliment! I enjoy staying busy especially with anything crafty; that is for sure. Lol. I wish you a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. What a lovely little strawberry quilt block stamp. Thank you. You have so many projects in the works! The blue string block is Very interesting. Your progress is good on everything! Plus, planning the trip?! I suppose many things to work on makes your getaways even more fun. It's been raining non-stop since last night. I can just imagine the seeds I planted being so happy with the good long drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to have gotten so much complete this past week, Ginny plus I had the grandbabes and nephews here, but it was a good week. We are expecting rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am looking forward to not having to water the gardens. Lol. Thank you so much for dropping by.Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Your quilt with the strawberries looks so pretty and I specially love the new strawberry stamp!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diana. It was a joy to create and share the Strawberry quilt stamp. It came out better than I imagined. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations a productive week last week. You have quite an impressive new list but I have no doubt you check most of those things off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. I was astonished that I completed so much last week. I have my fingers crossed I can be as productive this week. I wish you a great week. Happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  21. Aaah shucks I am so humbled. Thank you so much, dear. I was astonished I was able to get so much with the grandkiddos here but I squeezed in a few projects. I am hoping to take one of my quilts on the camping trip maybe I will make some progress on it. Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good job on your list. šŸ‘ Enjoy your camping trip. I am hopeful we can sneak away too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Melisa! I don't have a June theme for my mantle, and since you generously made all of these strawberry stamps (and of course I will need to stitch the Strawberry House), I have decided on strawberries! :)

    My question is, I have only ever finished my house pillows raw, if you will - with no trim. But I just LOVE the trim on the little strawberry stamp pillow on this post. What is that trim and where did you get it? And did you attach it to the pillow after you closed all the edges or was it sewn into the seams? I want to try something new for this theme.

    We are heading to the lake this weekend and I am all kitted up with the charts of the stamps. I couldn't wait on the Strawberry House. I started stitching that on Monday. :)

    Thank you as always for your generosity and creativeness!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another wonderful post filled with sew much fun; fabric, (love the oldies!), patterns, sweet berry quilts, berry patterns, and crumb blocks! Almost made me hungry. You did so well with all you got done last week. I hope this week was as productive. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. šŸ¤— Carol

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Scrappy Hourglass Blocks