Sunday, April 21, 2024

Blooms , Blooms , and More Blooms! And Strawberries and Cream Stamp Freebie


Hello there Sunshine! Smile, Be Happy and Enjoy the day!  It is going to be a good one! 

 We will be celebrating the oldest grandson's birthday today- just a few days early  . So that means a whole lot of fun is in store for my day, and I am sure I will get some sweet hugs and kisses from 2 munchkins. 
 Hopefully, the weather will be lovely enough for the boys to play outside. You never know this time of the year when a Spring Shower will make an appearance.  

The kiddos have been busy 6 days a week  playing ball ! The Little One is down and ready!

The birthday boy is fixing to pitch! 


Did you see my latest heart block that I shared on Thursday? It is called Early Birds and is the 4th block in my Heart series which is a monthly SAL. 

 The blocks are coming along.  Do you have any suggestions on how I should set them when all 12 blocks are complete?  I am making a small quilt out of these. 

Blooms, Blooms, Blooms!!!  

QUILT ALONG ALERT
Joy at Days Filled wit Joy is hosting another quilt along. She is always so generous with her talent. Every year she posts gorgeous stitch alongs and quilt alongs. 

 Right now Joy is sharing  SAY IT WITH FLOWERS QAL !  Each design will be FREE FOR A MONTH . 

  My flower is drawn and hopefully by the days end the 1st block embroidery will be complete.  


Click the colored links to join Joy in all of the fun!   Thank you , Joy!

Speaking of Blooms.  I pulled out my Jeannette Douglas Mini Bouquet Sampler and have been giving it a little love. Last night I worked on the bottom vine. Today I will begin the July bouquet. Jeannette offered these designs as a free SAL in 2022. They are no longer free, but you can find the designs in needlework shops. 

This wee mini quilt will be going in the hoop. See it has a few flowers in it too. I made this using 2 1/2"x 6 1/2" scraps. Just one of those simple easy peasy quilts that soothes the soul. 

Do you think I have enough to keep me busy? I sure hope so . Of course, I do have the darling grandbabes to chase after as well. 😀💓🏍


Yikes I am a sucker for advertising tins. These are some of my thrifty  tin finds that I purchased while camping in Texas. The little boy on the cookie tin reminds me of my oldest grandson. 

QUILT FREEBIE ALERT - LAST DAY!
Run don't walk!!!!    Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts has posted a  Doll Dowry Quilt called Spring Burst . It is FREE through Sunday, April 21, 2024;  so I do hope you drop by her blog for the details. If you click the colored links, you will be sent to Pam's blog . The pattern can be found at her website under the Digital Downloads.  Pam is always so generous and creates such darling designs. 

Alrighty, Sweet Peas. I'm off to enjoy some birthday fun. Have a beautiful Spring Day!


HOLD THE PHONE!   

I can not let you leave before sharing a little strawberry stamp called Strawberries and Cream.  
It is a Choose your Own Colors Chart . So use as many or as few colors as you want. 🍓🍓🥤

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵










Happy quilting and stitching, y'all

Melisa

Wishing you a big slice of happiness today! 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. .Your love and laughter will be missed at today's party. Love and miss you., Amo .❤❤❤

I can not let you leave without me telling you how much I appreciate your sweet visits. 😊❤

Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes- Early 2024 parade of home freebies.
🌞A Blooming Parade A Look at Spring and Easter Previous Freebies-   2024 Parade of Spring freebies
🌞Buzzin Bee Parade 2023-  An early 2023 bee freebie parade. 

🌞Messin and Gommin in the Kitchen -  2022 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 




35 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to your adorable grandboy! I hope he enjoys his day. I love the mini quilt. So simple and yet adorable. I have not sat at my sewing machine since last August. Lots of stress and angst in my world for the past six months. Things may be settling down very soon - fingers crossed. I love the strawberries and cream stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah I am wishing you pleasant days ahead, dear Darlene; I am so sorry that you have been having to go through this. I hope that you are able to squeeze in some time to do something you love real soon. You really inspired me last year on the little quilts. They are so much fun to work on. Have a blessed day, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. That's me above - anonymous DarleneJ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of your grandsons so cute. They grow up so quick. Thank you for the new stamp it looks like a quick stitch. Have agreat time celebrating the birthday boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, it is hard to believe my babies are this big. It seems like yesterday they were in diapers. LOL. Thank you so much , Joy. We would a wonderful day with the boys and the oldest had a great celebration. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Have the best day celebrating with your grandsons. Those hearts are going to look fabulous in a quilt; such pretty designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Kim. The boys had a fabulous fun day. I am looking forward to working on a new heart here soon. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Hope the birthday boy had a wonderful time! Looks like baseball season is in full swing for them and for you. Sweet stitch offering, Melisa! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. The boys had a great day with the whole family around. They certainly kept us entertained. LOL. Hope you had a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Have a great day with your grandsons and family! Right now I'm visiting my daughter and her family including bonus grand son and daughter. And thank you for the new freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family, Donna. It is so wonderful that you are getting to visit them as you travel. Have a wonderful week. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  7. How fun to have great birdthday time with the kids! Enjoy! I love your Heart series, so pretty, as is this wonderful mini bouquet sampler cross stitch. Strawberries and Cream Stamp looks gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing, enjoy your wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Frederique. We had a fabulous time with the boys and the oldest had a great birthday celebration. I hope your day was a lovely one. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Your Bouquet Sampler is beautiful Melisa! Your grandson has excellent pitching form. I bet your grands love to come to your house - looks like there is lots of room to play. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe that was his 1st time pitching? Lol. He did a great job; I am looking forward to the next game. We are so grateful that the boys love the outdoors. They love to come over and play outside . They explore and search for critters. Lol. I hope you had a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Aww, happy birthday to your grandson! They grow up way to quickly! Thanks for the new stamp. You are so talented and so sweet to share that talent with us! The bouquet sampler looks beautiful! I look forward to seeing it finished up. I hope you have a great week and thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes for my grandson. He had an awesome day. I am glad that I pulled out the bouquet stitch. I hope to finish it this year. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Hi Melisa. Oh my your Jeannette Douglas sampler is gorgeous! And these monthly heart designs of yours are so sweet. Great photos of the boys as well. I love the touches of whimsy that you include in your posts and all the fabulous links. Thanks as always for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind, Jocelyn; thank you so much for the sweetest compliment. I am really enjoying working on the sampler .I have high hopes to finish it this year. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting and stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations to the birthday boy!!
    I'm sure you'll have a great time.
    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful strawberry scheme.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much , dear Isabel. The birthday boy had a grand celebration. I wish you a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Happy early brithday to your grand son, hope he has a very fun party today. Your floral stitchery is gorgeous. Enjoy your family and stitching time today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Kate. The grandsons had a great day of fun, cake and presents. I hope your day was a lovely one as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Hi Melisa
    Happy Birthday to your handsome grandson! Grandchildren are the best! I always love visiting your blog it’s always so beautiful! Your embroidery is so lovely and just feels like spring 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw you are so very kind. Thank you so much. The grandbabe had a great day; he is growing up on me. LOL. I am so touched by your thoughtful compliment on my blog; you lifted my spirits. Have a wonderful week, dear . Hugs.

      Delete
  14. What fun to celebrate your grandson’s birthday with him and his family! You must never be without a needle in your hand! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gail. It was a great day for the grandson and the whole family. I have to admit that it seems like I always have a needle in hand. As soon as I wake up , I want to start stitching. LOL. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Happy birthday to your grandson! I hope you all had a fun and memorable day. Love your heart blocks, they are the cutest. Maybe sashing between the blocks? Love your stitchery too, so pretty. Thanks for the stitchery pattern, that looks like a fun one! Have a creative and wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Astrid for the sweet birthday wishes; he had a wonderful day. Sashing would be so pretty around these blocks; hopefully I will start figuring out what to do with them by June. Have a wonderful week and thank you again for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the link and knowledge about Joy's Say It With Flowers quilt along. Your little bitty quilt is very cute. Although I appreciate counted cross stitch I seldom do it -- too small to see clearly. Sigh. Hope you had a wonderful day with your grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome, Bonnie . I saw where Joy released block 2 these week so that is on my agenda. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and are enjoying some quilting time yourself. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Give your Gr'son an extra B'Day hug from another gramma who doesn't get to see her grands often enough. Enjoy the celebration! Your Bouquet SAL is gorgeous! What a sweet little coins quilt. Thank you for the lovely Strawberries and Cream stamp. I've been thinking on how I'm going to finish mine hearts as well. It will take a bit more thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Ginny. You can never have enough grandma time. Can you? He had a grand day and loads of fun. I hope you figure out your finish soon. I get stumped on finishing as well. You should see my finishing pile- gosh it is embarrassing. Hee! Hee! Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing the link to my new BOM!! Sorry I'm behind on blog reading.. hope you are well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, Joy. I am so excited over your new BOM, Joy. You are always so kind and generous to us all. I can not tell you how much I appreciate it . Keep those creative juices flowing and enjoy your day. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday