Blog Archive

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Porch Stitching, Sunday Rambles and Strawberry Pie Freebie

Is it Sunday already? By golly , it is!!! 

Welcome y'all. It is such a beautiful day so let's go out to the porch and enjoy some porch stitching.

 Be careful though Mama bird just may swoop down upon us as she is nesting on the porch column and is very protective.  

Alabama Beauty will be the quilt I am working on. I bought this quilt last year at  the Worlds' Longest Yard Sale. 

It was partly quilted so I just picked up where the original quilter left off using pink thread and quilting 1/4" around the quilt pieces. I have high hopes of finishing another row this week. 

Pretty colorful dish cloths are in the works. I have been in the mood to crochet . The only thing I know how to crochet is  simple dishcloths. Isn't the bowl of cloths pretty?

I  haven't seen one of these in a blue moon . How about you? 

A stack of fabrics waiting to be used. I do have a plan for these fabrics. 


I stitched a 2nd Strawberry Patch which was a freebie I shared earlier this month. I will make this one into a pillow. 


The blueberries are getting ripe. I wish you could see these in person. They are the size of a quarter. We have never had them this big. Yum! Yum!

On the finishing table is a new house stitch. 

The gardens are in bloom. 

How about a pretty patriotic quilt stack? 



Another Strawberry stitch is in the works.  I am always in the mood for a slice of Strawberry Pie. How about you? 


UPDATE: June 3, 2024- Strawberry Pie Stamp is FFO'd into a pin pillow. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵




If you have missed any of the other strawberry stamps, I invite you to hop over to the previous posts by clicking on the colored links. 


I plan to share 2 more strawberry stamps this year and then more next year. 


  

Now onto the plans for the week. 

Did I Get'r Done... Well   -  Last Week's Goals were..
🌞1. Quilt on Scrapberries 
🌞2.Work on "Into the Garden " cross stitch.
🌞3. Quilt "Alabama Beauty" .
🌞4. Work  on Mini Bouquet Sampler. 
🌞5. Piece 9 patches for my chicken quilt.
  

Woo Hoo! I almost got everything complete!  I do believe I will celebrate. 

Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Quilt on Scrapberries 
🌞2.Work on "Into the Garden " cross stitch.
🌞3. Quilt "Alabama Beauty" .
🌞4. Work  on Mini Bouquet Sampler. 
🌞5. Continue working on Summer Checklist.
🌞6. Memorial Day start- Patriotic Heart by Sampler Not Forgotten
🌞7. Work on crumb blocks. 
🌞8. Sew, Stitch , Sew! Hmmm that should be no problem whatsoever.😀 

That is my Sunday rambles 

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

Find the magic in every day!  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

The cicadas are still buzzing and are a delight to hear. For some mating season is over though  because we are starting to see many carcasses on the ground . I am calling this one Half Wing. Lol

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

See you later!

41 comments:

  1. It looks like a glorious day to sit on your porch, Melisa, and enjoy some hand quilting in your Alabama Beauty. That is a pretty stash of fabrics waiting to be transformed into something lovely. Love that bowl of pretty cloths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very lovely day to you , sweet Kim. Thank you so much for joining me on my porch. Wouldn't it be nice if we could stitch the day away? I hope to add another crocheted dish towel to my bowl by the end of the day. Have a wonderful day and Happy crocheting. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your porch looks very welcoming for a sewing session, enjoy quilting this pretty quilt! Strawberry Patch et Stitch are cute, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Frederique . It was such a lovely day to sit outside and stitch. I was able to accomplish a fair amount. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Another wonderful blog post. Love the Alabama Beauty quilt - and hand quilting it! You go girl! Crochet is something that I could never pick up though my grand daughter does a heck of a job with it! And where did you find that A&P ad? We used to shop there all the time when I was "much" younger ;-) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Donna. I am enjoying every stitch on the Alabama Beauty. I have high hopes to finish a row this week. I wish I could crochet more than just a dish cloth, but I do not understand the movements or terminology for some reason it just does not click for me. Isn't that ad the cutest? I borrowed it from Pinterest. I love vintage ads. Happy Memorial Day.

      Delete
  4. Love your porch. . .even with the "squatter" who made their home on the porch column! Those blueberries are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen quarter sized berries! Well done to have completed all that was on your weekly list! I hope next week is just as productive!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. That Mama bird is a fiesty gal ; thankfully she let me sit on the porch today. Lol. We have never had such huge berries. My grandson loves blueberries so we have left that bush just for him. I did taste a few that fell to the ground and oh my they were delicious. Have a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I'll join you for some porch sitting until it gets too warm. This was such a good post to read this morning. Haven't seen any cicadas around here, but we have plenty of stinkbugs. UGH! You had a most productive week and I hope the new week is as well. I have seen a pay phone in my travels. It was missing the handset/cord. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Robin. The grandkiddos were here and kept me busy. I was able to squeeze in some stitching and embroidery though. We have those old stink bugs too . You are right- uggh! Hee! Hee! The get in between my outdoor pillows and always seem to make their way into the house. Have a wonderful Memorial Day . Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful works for this last sunny Sunday in May, Melisa!
    I love the color of blueberries.
    Now I need a piece of cake!
    Hugs and happy start to the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't a blueberry cake or cobbler be delightful? Thank you so much, Isabel. It was a wonderful day. I hope you had a great weekend as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Happy Sunday, Melisa! Your post is full of yummy goodness this morning! Those blueberries look amazing - what will you do with them? I would just want to eat as I picked, lol! I love all your strawberry stitches. I know there are some there that I will have to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. We have never had blueberries that big before. Our grandson really loves them so we are reserving those berries for him though I did sneak a taste.Lol. He goes to the blueberry bush each day he visits and picks them. When the other blueberries ripen , we will make cobblers; I do not think they will get that big. Have a wonderful Memorial Day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I love your porch, as well. I'd be a little fearful of that mama bird. LOL So much productivity happening in your corner of the world. So many adorable and cute strawberry bowl fillers. I've been working on a large project and need a serious break. Enjoy your Strawberry Sunday! Big old hugs for you and one for Mr Pinker. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good Strawberry Sunday, Darlene. I even ate some fresh strawberries which was so nice. Oh Mama bird is a fiesty little gal, but she allowed me to sit on the porch and stitch today. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit.Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Miz Melisa - would you kindly provide your email address, please. I need to ask you a very important question. Please and thank you, Darlene J my e--mail address is wabbit4412@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I messaged you sweet Darlene. I hope it came through ok. Hugs

      Delete
  10. I had a porch like that on my little farmette....I sure miss it! Yours is lovely with all your beautiful quilts and stitchery. I have no door on my mailbox and a little wren has built a nest in the back of it. The mailman and I are very careful.
    Your flowers are lovely and all your patriotic quilts and strawberry stitches. I have to stitch the strawberry pie one...so precious! I love your patterns because they remind me of my childhood. I love your vintage pictures of children too. I'm excited to have 3 days of crafting!
    I don't usually sew during the week but I will XS. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your days crafting and stitching . I am so excited to hear that you will be adding Strawberry Stamp to your stitching list. I hope you enjoy each and every stitch. Your mama wren built a nest in tricky spot didn't she ? Hopefully , she and her young will be leaving the nest soon. Thank you so much for the sweet Sunday visit. You brightened my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. That porch sitting looks mighty comfortable--enjoy the day--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day to sit out and stitch. It was not too hot and the hummingbirds kept me entertained. Thank you so much for the sweet Sunday visit, Julierose.Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a great day to sit on your porch! It's 90 here with a heat index of 100 - not porch weather for me! LOL You have some wonderful projects in the works and I love your stack of patriotic quilts! Your flower garden is lovely (love that huge butterfly!) and those blueberries - WOW! Those are huge! I wish I had some good fresh blueberries that hadn't been sprayed with poison. Have a great week, Melisa! Thanks in advance for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! It is getting hot in your area! It was 91 here but it didn't feel that hot to me. I spent most of the day outside stitching and enjoying the grandsons. Those are some of the biggest berries we have ever had. The grandson just loves them so he gets 1st dibs. Lol. Have a wonderful Memorial Day . Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for the new strawberry stamp. I love stitching them. Porch sitting is so nice but way too hot today. So I am inside working on some flag blocks from your directions. Have a blessed holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are enjoying the flag blocks, Joy. The whip up quickly don't they? I hope to work on my flag blocks today. Thank you so much for everything; you brought a smile to my day. Happy Memorial Day. Hugs

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness I love the photo of the patriotic stack. Love those tins and the quilt that’s hanging !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it said anonymous

      Delete
    2. Aaaw Rosemary , thank you from the bottom of my heart. I enjoy all things patriotic . I have an obsession with tins as well. LOL. It warms my heart that you enjoyed the display. Have a Happy Memorial day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Melisa - what red DMC floss did you use on your strawberry stamps. It's a fabulous red and would love to use it, as well. Thank you! DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ,Darlene. I am using DMC 498. It is one of my favorite reds. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for another sweet berry stitch. You are determined to give us a sampler, aren't you?! So generous of you. I tried to read the parfait pie recipe but when I cropped it, trying to see it better, it pixelated on me. My son is a huge fan of strawberry anything! I am always intrigued when you mention something new to your TO DO list. Can't wait to hear about the crumb blocks. Your flowers blooming are just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so welcome, dear Ginny and thank you. Oh yes, I am on a mission for a strawberry sampler . Lol. I will post the strawberry recipe today at 1:00. It was hard to see wasn't it? I enjoy looking at vintage recipes especially desserts. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Hope you had a great Sunday at the porch, it looks so nice. Lots of pretty projects to work on this week. Love the heart stitchery, beautiful, and those strawberries pillows are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you very much, Astrid. It was a lovely day to be out on the porch stitching and quilting. I am really enjoying working on the strawberries . I hope to have them all completed very soon. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Sitting in the porch to do some quilting sounds like a wonderful way to pass the time. We bought our first local strawberries at the farmer’s market on Saturday. Delicious! Another cute strawberry stitch! Have a great week. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love it when it is berry season! I hope you enjoyed every sweet berry. Thank you for the sweet Sunday visit, Gail. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. I love the peeks at your pretty stitching and your porch and flowers and berries. Those blueberries are huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. We have never had such huge blueberries. The grandsons are gobbling them up as soon as they ripen. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  20. Your hand quilting project is perfect for sitting on a porch and enjoying the flowers. So many fun projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Sara for the sweet Sunday visit. It has been good porch stitching weather here lately- not too hot yet. Lol. Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Goings on In the Holler and Mini Flag Sampler Freebie