Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Soup Anyone?

Grab your bowl and soup spoon! It is a perfect day for homemade soup.  

Oh, bummer, just fabric is brewing in the pot today. 

I am a messin' and gommin ' as Nanny would say. 


So I guess we will open a can of good ole' hearty Campbell's soup.  

Good morning, Sweet Peas. I know . I know  . You  are  shaking your head, wondering what in the world  I am carrying on about today.๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคจ

 Well I am just leading up to another Country Clutter tour. Hee! Hee! . ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„

Guess what theme I decorated my shelf in for February.  Soup!!!

 Over the last few years I have been picking up Campbell's soup mugs for a dollar or less at yard sales , and I thought the winter season would be a perfect time to "play " with them. 

 I bought this wooden shelf years ago at the thrift store for $3.00. It has held all sorts of things in the past including shoes as the youngin's were growing up. Now it just holds pretty clutter.  Just like my  hutch which was decorated in reds- I continued using the "red color theme " as well.  

The bottom shelf holds a Hall red pitcher that I purchased in Alabama during last year's World's Longest Yard Sale . Next to it is an old small dough bowl filled with doilies, antique wooden potato smashers and other utensils. 

A dough bowl with lots of vintage goodies. 

The prim little gingerbread man was a gift from my dear friend Patricia. I smile every time I see him.  

The Pineapple cross stitch was a piece that I found at the Goodwill year's ago. Do you know who the designer is or what it is called? I keep it out year round. 

 Lots of little soup mugs ready to grab for a warm meal.  Of course I had to add a chicken to one mug . 

The 2nd shelf holds enamelware pitchers one of which I purchased in January at a Goodwill in AZ. It is filled with more kitchen utensils. Do you collect wooden spoons or any kitchen tools?  

I created the wee LOVE quilt years ago from scraps. 

"What in the world is this?" asked my daughter when she saw the little garlic shaker. "That is so ugly!" she exclaimed as she laughed. '

Aah I think the little fellow is a cutie patootie❤. What do you think?

I was over the moon to purchase the recipe tin with recipes for a song. 

You can see the date as to when the shelf was built in the background. 1964. 

You can not have soup without crackers- so out came my "Georgia Crackers " tin. 

The top shelf is loaded to the brim with kitchen in goodness as well. 

" Yikes that  Martha White tin is plumb ugly" exclaimed my daughter for the 2nd time.  

"Aaaw don't worry, " I told her, "It is part of your  inheritance!" 

  With the eyes in the back of my head I could see her roll her pretty brown eyes! "Geesh  Mom,  great! What I have always wanted. " she said. Hee! Hee!  ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜œ

I used an old dresser drawer that has seen better days as a riser. It was from my Granny's dresser. On top of it, is a truck candle filled with wool hearts . 

"Always" was a freebie from Heart in Hand, but I am not sure if it is still available. I finished it on a butter tin that I painted white. 


Tucked in the little drawer is With Thy Needle and Thread's Valentine's Day Holiday Hoopla finished on a wood paddle that Mr. Pinker made. 

Great Grandma Annie and her flock of hens are gathering lots of love in Roses, Hearts and Chickens  It was a freebie that I shared in 2021.  Next to it is s Love You which  is another one of my freebies. 

A wee wool appliqued basket  pin pillow sits on top of the cake stand.

 

Next to the white shelf are 3 shutters that I found at the thrift stores years ago for a dollar or two. I always drape my quilts over them.  I  shared a closer look of them in a previous post. 

Do you think I was successful in filling every nook and cranny?  I sure tried my darnedest! ๐Ÿ˜

Ewe Have My Heart 

All of these pretties have now been safely packed  away as of the 1st of March ,  and bunnies have hopped into their place along with a few roaming chicks. I look forward to sharing the "Spring" shelf soon. 

Now do I have you craving soup? ๐Ÿ˜‹

Have "souper day" , Sweeties! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜€ Love ya! 

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

Real soup is to the body what peace is to the soul. - Isabel Allende

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต

Dedicated to my  Nanny and sweet baby sister, Amy who both loved to go grocery shopping. I love and miss you both  so much.  Nanny had a small collection of Campbell's kids too. 


Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
๐ŸŒžTwo Shakes of a Lamb's Tail- St. Patrick's Day Parade- 2024's parade of St. Patrick's Day freebies. 
๐ŸŒžParade of Homes- Early 2024 parade of home freebies.
๐ŸŒžA Blooming Parade A Look at Spring and Easter Previous Freebies 2024 Parade of Spring freebies
๐ŸŒžBuzzin Bee Parade 2023-  An early 2023 bee freebie parade. 
๐ŸŒžMessin and Gommin in the Kitchen -  2022 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 

36 comments:

  1. So much cute in that post! Thank for another great hutch tour. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the kind words and sweet Wednesday visit, Darlene. It was fun to pull out the old soup mugs for the season. Have a fabulous day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. ๐Ÿ˜„reminds me of back in the day when I tea stained & rubbed little fingers down with cinnamon & slowly dried them in the oven to give them that primitive look,those still still sleeping cane running hoping to find something yummy to eat๐Ÿคฃluv your red collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have fooled hubby plenty of times with the sweet smell of tea and coffee. I coffee dyed some little bunny bowl fillers the other day and my grandson wanted to take one home because he loved the smell. Lol. Of course I gave it to him. Thank you for the sweet visit, Helen.

      Delete
  3. (Little Penpen) I have always loved the Campbell soup kids! Cute cute cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always had an affection for them too. I wish I had some of the older memorabilia, but I am happy with what little I have Thank you for dropping by for a visit, Penny. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Those Campbell soup mugs are darling! You have quite a collection! I love how you take older things to help display your knick knacks! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been fortunate these last couple of years to find the mugs. They remind me of my Nanny who had a few when I was a child. Wishing you a lovely day, Donna. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Oh Melisa, what a darling display with your Campbell soup mugs. So, how did the fabric turn out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. The fabric brewed up perfectly. I coffee dyed aida and a piece of 100% cotton for a quilt. The cotton looks so yummy. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. The display is wonderful! I would enjoy spending time just browsing through the lovely nooks and crannies of your home viewing all the pretties. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Gretchen . Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This was the 1st time that I had pulled out the mugs to decorate with. It was nice to change out the shelf for the season. Have a lovely day in the quilt room. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Your Campbell's Soup display is so fun, Melisa! I have a couple of those mugs, too, and I actually use hem when we're having tomato soup for lunch! Cute quilts and cross-stitch, too. You have a special with all these fun displays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't eating soup from such cute mugs make the soup taste that much better? Lol. I would love to have some home cooked tomato soup. Hubby made chicken quesadilla soup a few weeks ago. It was yummy. I should have used my mugs to serve it in. Have a wonderful day and thank you . Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Great tour!! I really love all your Campbell soup goodies. Tomato was my favorite growing up...besides my Mama's homemade vegetable soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you , Brenda. Tomato soup and Chicken Noodle was my favorite soup . Oh and I can not forget Alphabet soup.I haven't had that in years. LOL. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Amazing that you have so many soup related items to display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have ran up on these little mugs here and there at yard sales. I have 2 big Campbell soup tins that I store dishes in . This is the 1st time I have ever pulled them all together and displayed them though. It was fun to change out the little shelf. Thank you for the sweet visit, Vicki. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Your displays are always such fun. But how do you keep up with all these pretties when they aren't on display?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are so very kind, Kate. Thank you so much. I store a lot of the smalls in tins and small bins and usually the plates , cookie jars and tea pots go back into cabinets, shelves or into another display. I try to keep themed items together so I will remember where they are which can be a challenge. LOL. Hope you have a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. What a fun way to decorate your shelf during the winter months. Such an appropriate them, Melisa. I'm hoping (hopping?) to get my spring and Easter decor out this week. We are finally getting settled and into somewhat of a routine so I'm back in blogland. Looking forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you are returning to blogland. I wish you all the best in getting back into a routine. I hope you will post how you decorate your gorgeous Hoosier for the Spring season. I know it will be so pretty. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Aaah, soup for lunch in winter, my favourite! Especially home made soup. Such a fun hutch display to admire today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soup particularly during the Winter time. Chicken Noodle has always been one of my favorites. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Jenny. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I was called the Campbell Soup kid when I was small - you know, pudgy. round face, so I had a lot of that memorabilia around. Your displays are all adorable. I think the things your DD didn't care for are all really cool. I've never seen a garlic shaker (so cute!) and the Martha White tin is cool! Love the "Crackin' Good Georgia Crackers. I've never seen that brand before. I tell my kids "When I'm gone ..." about things and they all react the same ways yours do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, do you still collect Campbell soups pieces, Ginny? I think the little Campbell kids are adorable! I can not resist advertising tins. I picked up 3 more yesterday when I was out and about. I was over the moon to find the Martha White tin. LOL I am so glad my kiddos are not the only ones that have that reaction . Hee! Hee! Thank you for the sweet visit, Ginny. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  14. Thank for another great hutch tour, Melisa!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah you are the sweetest, Isabel. I wish you a beautiful day, dear friend. Big hugs.

      Delete
  15. I'm always amazed at how much you get in there and intrigued to look at it all. IRL it would take me hours to check out each bit. Can only imagine the hours it takes you to do all the set ups too! This one just rises to the top with all the Campbell's Soup collectables. Am now wondering if your March display will be green for St. Paddy's with Jolly Green Giant collectables!! :) About the tea/coffee dying ... would you please tell us more as to the "how to"? Also, do you do anything to set or stabilize the dye? Or just don't wash it? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind. I had a ball decorating with the Campbell's Soup pieces. It was something different, and it was a joy to change out the little shelf for the season. Oooh Jolly Green Giant would be great to display with St. Paddy's day. Hee! Hee! I love that idea.   Oh yes, I do need to post a new post on my coffee/ tea dyeing. I will leave you a link to an old post I did on this in 2022 where I tell what I use . I am sorta messy when I dye my fabric, but I am fine with that. Lol.   Sometimes I heat set the fabric in the oven for about 20 minutes at 180 or 190. But here lately , I haven't been just letting the fabric dry on the line. I have made the mistake of spilling something on my fabric and it creates water rings. But I do not wash my fabric and try not to get it wet.  I coffee dyed some 100% cotton the other day. Oh , my it turned out so lovely and smelled divine.  Thank you so much for the sweet visit and I wish you a very lovely weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  16. Melisa,
    I just adore how you filled every nook and cranny!! Everything is just so darn charming..I have the mug in the first picture that you shared...And you know I love all the read!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words...
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Deb. I had so much fun decorating it with the Campbell's soup mugs. I think we are both two peas in a pod in respect to the color red.   I love when you pair red and yellow together on your hutch. Your hutch displays are always inspiring to me.  I am so grateful for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. I love soup! I think we need a design in praise of soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL . I am a soup gal too. What a great idea! I will have to get my creative juices flowing . I think I have some ideas for a couple . Thank you so much, Honeybee for the sweet visit and suggestion. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Every now and then I see those mugs at the thrift stores and I'm really liking the way you are displaying them. You surround yourself with colourful, beautiful and interesting items, Melisa. Your house must be a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked these mugs up at the thrift stores and yard sales over the years. This is the 1st time I have ever displayed them. It was fun to do something a little different with them. Thank you , Jocelyn, for your kindness and your sweet visit. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Whatcha Ma' Call It Block