Thursday, March 14, 2024

Seize the Day


Chores, chores, chores

Oh, those pesky chores

Cleaning, sweeping, what should I do?

I would rather be in my quilting room! 

A very lovely day  to you , Sweetie Pies. Would you rather be in your sewing room today? I sure would, but alas, I do have a few odds and ends that I need to work on before I can enjoy my time with  needle and thread. 

I do have clothes to wash and hang on the line.

No ironing for me today . That's one chore I can X off the list.  The clothes will be packed into my suitcase for our upcoming camping trip. 

 Oh , let me show you a quilt that I made a couple of years ago .

I created this quilt from the vintage Vogart  105 Little Susan Days of the Week . The designs were intended for tea towels . There are 7 designs but I used 4 of them.  

 I color tinted Little Susan and her furry friend using crayons and then embroidered each design. Afterwards, I heat set the crayons using my iron. 

1 " strips frame the blocks. 

 These designs are still available as freebies on Martha's blog called Q is for Quilter. Martha has a number of darling vintage embroidery designs available that she has redrawn. 

 If you would like to embroider Little Susan , just hop over Martha's for a visit. I am sure you will find yourself falling down a rabbit hole . 

The border was made of 2" squares. 


 Eeeh! Let's Seize the Day!!!!    I better get on the stick if I am going to enjoy playtime in the quilt room.   Have an awesome day!

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Housework can't kill you but why take the chance. "  Phyllis Diller

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who always seized the day. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Susan at Quilt Fabrication for  Midweek Makers Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday



30 comments:

  1. I am very, very allergic to chores! It's awful because I start twitching. The only thing that alleviates that awful twitching is to sit down and grab my needle my needle and thread. Whew! Lol
    DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣😄😂 Oh my , you must try to avoid the allergic reaction at all cost. Do keep a needle and thread close at hand ,Darlene. Hee! Hee! You never know when the twitching might begin. Lol. Have and awesome day. Hugs

      Delete
  2. I have days like that where we need scales to see which out weighs the other chores or sewing🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More time than often sewing wins out in my household now. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much , Helen for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Laundry seems to be a never ending task it seems. Hope you got all of your chores done and have some time for stitching before you leave on your trip. The vintage embroidery is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, laundry is never ending . Thankfully, all is completed and now we are ready to head out. Thank you for the sweet visit, Kate. Hugs

      Delete
  4. I did laundry yesterday but as always, there are more chores to do - including the dreaded bathroom! :-D Thank you for the tip on Q is for Quilter. I'll go on over there later. Your embroidered quilt is darling - I used to make kitchen towels using those types of embroidery designs. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I just had a small load of laundry and it was complete in no time. I have never embroidered a tea towel , but have always wanted to; maybe one day I will be brave enough to do that. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Melisa, your little Susan quilt is stinkin adorable, and the fabric you used is perfect. I bet you find time to get in some stitching. Have a great day sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Patti. I enjoyed making this little quilt. I wish I still had some of those fabrics; they are so sweet. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your Susan quilt is adorable, Melisa. It was errand day yesterday and the weather was great for it. Today, I am heading to Fairfield for stitch group. I am heading forward to it so much as with everything going on I haven't been since December. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a wonderful time with the stitch group, Robin. I bet you came home inspired and I hope you got in a lot of stitching time as well as fellowship. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Those little blocks are adorable - what a cute quilt. You colored them so nicely,. Reminded me of Mom, how we would hang the clothes on the clothesline and sometimes have to run out and grab them all - dry or not - if a storm came up - lol! Would you believe I love to iron? If I lived near I'd do your ironing to get ready for your trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah what a sweet memory, Linda. I can imagine you running out to the line with basket in hand. It was a good day to have them on the line yesterday- nice and warm. They dried fast. Lol I wish you were here to help me iron! Hee! Hee! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. What an adorable quilt, Melisa! Little Susan and her furry friend are quite lovely! Some days I wish I had a clothesline like we did growing up, but, with my knees, I probably would not be able to use it very much! I loved the smell of clothes fresh off the line. My Mama loved to iron and I enjoy ironing too. I hope you get to stitch some. Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delightful quilt to work on; I wish I still had some of the fabrics that I used. I enjoy hanging my clothes outside to dry especially on the warm days. I bet you were a great helper to your mom. My mom never let us use the washing machine or iron. LoL. I do remember helping her get clothes off the line though. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Those vintage designs are adorable! Love your little quilt. So cute. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/13/wednesday-wait-loss-371

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jennifer. It is one of my favorite embroidered quilts and I usually have it on display. I wish you a lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. I would always rather spend the day in my sewing room! Those are cute little designs, and it looks like you finished them up with the perfect fabrics. Have a happy Thursday, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the sewing room always wins out for me too! Thankfully , after the chores I was able to spend some time at the sewing machine which was nice. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. That is the cutest little quilt, Melisa. I love the vintage look of it. I have chores on my list today as well. Hoping to get those done before World Wide Quilting Day on Saturday...I NEED to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ! You have to quilt on Saturday and I hope you make progress on whatever you decide to enjoy. I believe I will work on hand quilting. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful little quilt. I've had a lovely time checking out those wonderful embroidery designs, thanks so much for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome, Jenny. There were a lot of adorable designs weren't there? I have copied a few to keep me busy. Have a wonderful day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. Oh, you are right - Q is for Quilter is a wonderful rabbit hole. Thank you for the instructions on coloring the illustrations. I'd like to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could spend hours reading and looking at all of the designs on Q is for Quilter. I have copied a number to keep me busy for a few days. Have a wonderful weekend ,Sue. I am so glad you enjoyed the rabbit hole. Hee! Hee! Hugs.

      Delete
  14. You share the cutest things! Love this 7 Days Sunbonnet Sue set. You did an awesome job on the coloring, embroidery, and quiltmaking. This was definitely a new rabbit hole to be tempted with. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ginny. .Lots of pretties were on Martha's site weren't there? I hope to work on embroidery this weekend. I am working on bunnies right now. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Cutest little Sunbonnet Sue yet and that puppy. . .what personality that put has! Beautiful finish, Melisa--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always had an affection for Sunbonnet Sue and this quilt was a joy to work on. Thank you for the sweet visit and kind compliment , Terry. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

Whatcha Ma' Call It Block