Blog Archive

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Pumpkin , Spiders and Sly Black Cats - A Halloween Doodle

 Good morning, pumpkin!  Happy Thursday. 

      

One more day until the first stamp is posted on my Mystery Autumn Stamp SAL. I am so grateful to all of those who are participating,  and to those who are following along . 🤗🍁🍂


Since it is Thursday, it is time for me to start a new embroidery project. This one is a Halloween one and will be just a small wall hanging. 



 The other day I gathered  lots of fun Halloween fabrics, and soon I settled on several  to work with. 


I would be tickled pink or should I say orange if  you would like to join me  in some  spooky prim Halloween stitchery.   

Click here for the Doodle. 


             


This is not a tutorial , but I will share the size  of fabrics that I used for the small wall hanging.   

From white fabric - CUT 1 -    8 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangle

From assorted Halloween prints - CUT 14- 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" squares. 

I pieced my quilt together and then traced the design onto the fabric to embroider, but if you prefer to embroider first please do so. You know me I am sorta a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal.  

                               

I am using DMC 310 for the embroidery and using the back stitch. I  had considered color tinting the Halloween motifs with crayons, but didn't.  Wouldn't that be darling though? 

Thank you so much for the sweet Thursday visit and 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

There is magic in the night when the pumpkins glow in the moonlight.  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. who loved Halloween .  Love and miss you, Amo. 



I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Pat at  Life in  the Scrapatch for Stitch , Sew and Show- Wednesday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday





16 comments:

  1. Very cute Halloween stitchery is on the horizon at your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Vicki. I enjoy doing at least one embroidery Halloween project each year. Have a great day and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute Halloween embroidery! Love the idea of crayon tinting it but with your bright fabrics, I like it as is. Wishing you nothing but fun and success with your SAL. Can't wait to see each stamp revealed. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jennifer. I have had some of these Halloween fabrics for close to about 20 years. It is certainly time for them to be put in use. Lol. I hope you have a blessed day. 🤗

      Delete
  3. Your new embroidery is looking good, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I hope it will be a quick stitch so I can get it in the hoop very soon. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. I love it, Melisa! You sure keep my needle busy with cross stitch and embroidery. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAaah thank you so much, Susie 🤗😄IIt warms my heart to hear that I am an enabler and I so love the company. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy stitching and quilting.

      Delete
  5. This is a darling little stitchery! I adore fall and Halloween and all things pumpkin! I think it's so interesting that you piece your wall hanging and then embroider it!! I've never thought to do that!! Can't wait until tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Denise. I hope to get it completed so I can put in the hoop very soon. Lol sometimes I get very anxious about the piecing, but it all seems to work out. Happy quilting. 

      Delete
  6. I don not know how you get so much stitching done Melisa! I am working on your Autumn Sampler, but will not have the entire outline done before tomorrow, but no worries as that first little box is ready!! :-) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAah thank you so much, Sandie. I do not feel like I get a lot done, but so many tell me that I do . Lol. These are quick stitches so you will not have any trouble stitching them up and moving on to the next one in a day. I so hope you enjoy. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Wow you are so talented. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so kind, Susan . Thank you very much for the lovely compliment and the sweet visit. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend and happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Such a cute idea, a small wall hanging. Thank you for keeping us in stitches, LOL!! Can't wait until tomorrow for the cross stitch stamps! Hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks for something for those of us who embroider instead of XS. =)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle