Blog Archive

Sunday, August 28, 2022

It's A Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful last Sunday in August! Welcome, ya'll . 

It's that time ! Time for some slow stitching on Sunday. Have you pulled out a project yet?  Cross stitch , Crochet or Quilting?  I will be working on a myriad of projects after my Sunday visits with family. 

A couple of weeks ago, I showed you the a couple of Christmas stitches  which are free designs gifted to us from Heidi @ Heidi's Studio on Instagram .  I have stitched 2 more ! The first is Believe that she posted on August 3, 2022. The second is called "The Holly and the Ivy" . She so generously posted it on August 4, 2022. 

Heidi designed these in 2009 and are hand drawn. She provides 3 photos  showing the stitch in the 1st photo, the chart in the 2nd photo and in the 3rd photo she shows her finish which were darling pillow ornaments with a jute twine string to hang them from the tree. 

Please check her out if you are on Instagram. But don't worry if you are not on Instagram, dear Heidi also has these posted  on her blogs NeedleNecessities and  All My Scattered Moments.  So drop by and say hello. You will  find lots of pretty eye candy on all of her sites , and even more Heidi is such a delight 🤗.    Now for me - I hope to stitch 2 more of these sweet prim ornies this week  for Santa Sunday and Merry Monday .  Thank you so much, dear Heidi. 

I started a new fall saltbox this week. 

More stitches will be put in it today. Look at that grand pumpkin patch!! 👀

 I was inspired by my daughter's wee volunteer pumpkin patch that sprung up right in the middle of her yard.  The grandbabies are enjoying watching the pumpkins grow. 

Last Sunday I pulled out Blackbird Designs " 1861 Antique Sampler" . I decided to give myself a challenge and stitch on it only 10 minutes a day. You wanta  see what progress I made? 

Well  here is where I started last week. 

Here is where I am today. 


As far as quilting , today's Slow Sunday project is my Bee Skep Quilt . 

It is in the hoop and ready to go!!

Now to the lofty goals  for the week. Hmmm! What should I work on?

1. Bee Skep quilt

2. Blackbird Designs 1861 Antique Sampler

3. Finish new saltbox and begin another. 

4. Have fun visiting all of the great posts for the Get on Board Blog Hop .  Have you heard about it? 

The Get on Board Blog Hop is starting this week. You can learn more about it at Melva Loves Scraps blog

This will be my first time participating in a blog hop.  The schedule is below . So I hope you can visit all of the lovely ladies on their days. Hey, even now you can pop over to visit them as well. 😀


 Thursday, September 1

 Friday, September 2

Sharon & Susan Ms P Designs USA

 Monday, September 5

Yvonne Quilting Jet
Emily The Darling Dogwood

Tuesday, September 6

 Wednesday, September 7

Tammy Tamarinis


Well, my Sunday ramblings is complete. Tomorrow will be another episode of Pinker n' Punkin's  Country Clutter so I sure hope you stop by for a monthly dose. 😀😂

                                        

Here's a sneak peek. My bee hutch . 

Have a blessed day, my dears . And don't forget ! YOU ARE FABULOUS!   Hugs and love and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

The hum of the bee is the voice of the garden.  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

     

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday


 



18 comments:

  1. Those are such pretty Christmas designs, Melisa! I love your bee skep quilt, too. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diann. I am hoping to get the whole set of Heidi's Christmas designs stitched soon . I can not wait to finish them. I have been quilting away on the bee skep quilt this week. I hope you had a lovely day. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Fun Christmas stitchings Melisa, I am still working on your SAL-might be able to finish the scarecrow block tonight. It's been so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Vicki. I hope you are still enjoying the SAL . The scarecrow block was one of my favorites. You are moving right along with it. Have a beautiful day.

      Delete
  3. You have been busy. Your stitching is wonderful. love the sampler.
    https://www.craftygardener.ca/portable-pocket/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Linda. I am trying to stay as busy as possible. It is hard to do much outside so it is nice to have projects to work on these hot summer days. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for the sweet visit. 

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy reading your blog posts. Have fun stitching your Christmas designs, love the sampler! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so kind and supportive, Gretchen .Thank you so much. I hope to finish the sampler here very soon. Putting in just 10 minutes a day has certainly helped move it along. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. You have such fun little cross stitches going. You tempt me to start one but I really need to stay focused on my grand's Christmas ornaments. 1 or 4 is (almost) done. #2 is started. Have pattern and fabrics for #3 and #4. I'll enjoy cross stitch by visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Bonnie. Christmas time will be here in no time. I do need to follow your lead and get the my grandbabies ornaments completed as well . It is a great thing to stay ahead of the game that is for sure. Have a blessed week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Fun, fun!! Thanks SEW much for the advertising for Melva and my blog hop starting Thursday! Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much dear Brenda. I appreciate you both for hosting the blog. This is going to be loads of fun . Happy quilting.

      Delete
  7. I always love seeing what you are working on, projects galore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Jenny. Some weeks I get more done than other weeks , but every little stitch counts towards a finish. Have a beautiful day , my dear.

      Delete
  8. That fall saltbox is adorable, and your sampler work is impressive! Volunteer pumpkins? Wow! Did she throw out a Halloween pumpkin at some point maybe?
    Melisa thank you for sharing so generously with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. I do enjoy stitching saltboxes. Oh yes they threw out some small pumpkins. I am surprised that they came up especially with all of the mowing , but I guess they figured out that there were pumpkins growing early on. Have a great week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for your kind words Melisa! The ornaments are going to be adorable and I look forward to seeing them all. Happy stitching! 🧵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Heidi for sharing them. I have debating on how to finish them. Either I will finish them like yours or add a bit of ticking or homespun fabric. I am just not sure, but I want to get them all completed and finish them at once. I have been reading through your blogs and loved every post. You are so inspirational. Thank you again, dear Heidi.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday