Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Mystery Autumn Stamp SAL - Stamp 5 - Squirrel Stamp Freebie


Eeeh ! Day 5 of the Stitch Along!!!  Can you believe it ?  We are halfway finished?  Good morning, dear friends. 

Look up  and all around! 👀☝

Where could those frisky critters be?  


Oh, there is sweet Sandie.! I am sure she is waiting for the birdfeeders to be filled . She likes to get her fair share of bird feed whenever possible. 
 

My favorite fall critter has to be the squirrel. I overlook the fact that it is a rodent. I think it is their eyes and the fluffy tail that grabs my heart.  I know many of ya'll may have had some not so pleasant encounters with these frisky  little critters- getting in attics  , feeders and such .  But we won't dwell on that. Lol. 

 Stamp 5 is called Squirrel and Acorns


 A darling little squirrel with 2 wee acorns.  

 


THE FRISKY LITTLE SQUIRREL

Oh, the frisky little squirrel
Gathers nuts and seeds. 
He hides them for the winter months 
So he will have all that he needs.
Oh, up , up, up he goes-
And down, down, down, he comes-
He runs around and goes up and down 
His work is never done. 


Squirrel and Acorns is the middle block in our large piece.


 I also made a pin pillow for the dough bowl.  


The other stamps are A Basket of Apples , Crows & Sunflowers , Raking Leaves and Pumpkin Haul .  
 


 If you would like to stitch, Squirrel Stamp, just check out the link to the jpg below . 

Click here for the Squirrel Stamp. 




One of my favorite fall stitches that I shared last year was   1803 Autumn House .


 It is a larger piece. Yes, it has squirrels and acorns. 

Sometimes I have a number of needles threaded with different floss colors so that I can pick them up quickly and stitch. It certainly  makes the piece go quickly . So I thought I would tell you the floss colors that you will need for tomorrow's stitch in the PREP YOUR NEEDLES. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES FOR TOMORROW'S   STAMP 6 FLOSS COLORS

898,  355,  930, 407, 310  3345, 780, and 782 


Tomorrow we will be finishing line 2 of the large piece. I will give you a hint about tomorrow's stitch . Along with your stitching supplies, you will need an old, shirt, raggedy pants, a bit of straw and a stick. Hmmm!🤔 I wonder what we will be creating? 😀 Thank you for the sweet visit, my dears and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

I can smell Autumn dancing in the breeze, the sweet chill of pumpkin and crisp sun burnt leaves. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo.  Oh,how I remember Amy being nipped on the finger by a wiley little squirrel. 


If you have missed any of the posts about the MYSTERY AUTUMN STAMP SAL, just click the links below. 

Aug 6th post-  INTRODUCTION 
Aug. 14th post - STAMP 3 RAKING LEAVES
Aug. 15th post- STAMP 4 PUMPKIN HAUL 

16 comments:

  1. I love watching the crazy squirrels -- that is, whenever I go someplace that has them. No squirrels here in desert country. Really love all your sweet projects. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol they are fun critters to watch that is for sure. I could watch them all day. Thank you so much, Tammy for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. He is darling! Love watching squirrels - I've noticed the ones up north are so bushy compared to southern squirrels. As for tomorrow, it sounds like a scarecrow - I call my grandson scarecrow - because of how Dorothy says goodbye to scarecrow in Wizard of Oz. <3. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. I love watching the squirrels too. We have a lot where I live. Oh yes I have noticed ours has some skimpy tails . Lol. What a cute nickname for your grandson. We call my oldest Rooster. Lol. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I love squirrels so much. I bet you have a lot of these critters in your area too. Have a great day.

      Delete
  4. Darling! I'm going to have to stitch two of this cutie ... one for my project, and a mini for my mom, who collects squirrels! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Denise. What a lovely gift for your mom. I am slowly trying to build a collection of squirrels. I hope your mom likes it. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  5. Oooh the squirrel is so cute. Can't wait to catch up. Thanks for sharing your designs with us for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Susan. You will have no trouble catching up. And you are so welcome.I feel very blessed by this community. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Lol A black cat would be so cute in a fall or maybe Halloween stamp. Hmmm. I just may have to do that. Happy stitching, Sandie.

      Delete
  7. Lol, cat was a wrong guess - the squirrel is cute too, and definitely appropriate for fall. Tomorrow sure sounds like a scarecrow, but maybe you're going to trick us again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah a cat would be fabulous in a fall stitch too, Lol but watching the squirrels in my yard I had to include one. Have a great day and can not wait for you to see tomorrows. I think you are right. Hee hee. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. Oh, how cute is this squirrel with his acorn!! I didn't think about a squirrel, they are cute and full of mischief!! A scarecrow, I think , I can't wait to see for sure. Hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly filled with mischief that is for sure and such little acrobats. I hope your day has been a wonderful one, dear Mary. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour