Blog Archive

Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Lazy Summer Day- Sunday Rambings


Well hello there , sweet peas!  Come on in and let's  chat for a bit.  

                        

Grab yourself slice of fruit pizza. This is my oldest daughter's favorite dessert. She is adamant that it is a must at any family gathering. Lol. 

                             

It has been a slow lazy day. Just the  usual Sunday. Visited the family . We always have Sunday dinner together . Dad was raking hay and mom and I sat on the porch watching the hummingbirds . Now I am back home ready to piddle the day away.  

                          

Have you seen the Fall/ Halloween decor in Dollar General and Dollar Tree? I have been watching several videos on Youtube to see what is available this year. I am very tempted to start pulling out fall decor right now. 😀

Last Sunday , I began a new Christmas cross stitch which is a freebie from Heidi_studio on Instagram .

 It is called Candy Canes. Heidi designed several prim ornaments in 2009  and is so generously sharing them on Instagram. 

 For Merry Monday, I finished Noel from dear Heidi . So today I will stitch another of her sweet designs in her series. Thank you so much, Heidi. 



I have picked Blackbird Designs " 1861 Antique Sampler" back up. 

I just stitch on it for a few minutes each night. Slowly I am making progress. 

I finished appliqueing my bee skep quilt so it will go in the hoop today. 

                     

Still working on my Easter Quilt. It is the closest large quilt to be finished. I am getting there. Lol. 

WHAT'S THE PLANS FOR THE WEEK

Well I plan to continue with the Autumn SAL and finish the Halloween stitchery , "Pumpkins, Spiders, and Sly Black Cats" , that I shared last week- my goals are not too lofty. 

  Thank you so much for the sweet visit and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation is over, school is here. Winifred  C. Marshall. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo . I know you would have been cooking up a storm today for a Grand Back to School Bash. 


"Love 2 Quilt" a Hinzeit Designs stitch. 


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

If happiness is the goal- and it should be- then adventures should be a priority. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. Love and miss you. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

     Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

16 comments:

  1. You always seem to have such fun projects going. My DIL, who lives downstairs has decorated for Halloween already. She gets so excited for the fall and the oncoming holidays. I'm waiting till September 1st to get out my autumn decor and Halloween will have to wait till October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. My daughter has already pulled out her fall decor too. She is tempting me to do the same, but I will wait till October for Halloween- Well maybe. Lol.Thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. I am thrilled you are enjoying stitching my little prim ornaments. Where do you find the time yo get so much done? I stotch or quilt constantly but never get alot accomplished. Have a happy new week Melisa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heidi. I am loving them. I have an idea for a finish very similar to yours. I can not wait to finish them . Thank you for sharing them. Lol. I do not feel like I get a lot done, but others tell me I do. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  3. Your stitchery projects are coming along great! Love the autumn block with the rake and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much,Kathy. I took it along with me today to work on as I was riding . It's a great car project. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  4. You certainly keep busy. Thanks for sharing your creativity with me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jacqueline for the sweet visits and the kind words. They mean so much to me. Have a wonderful and blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I am all for getting out the fall decorations! Sitting on the porch with your Mom watching hummingbirds sounds wonderful. How nice that you eat together each week! Your bee skep quilt is so, so cute. It has been years since I had a fruit pizza - sounds good right now!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you for the sweet visit, Linda. It is very relaxing to be on the porch watching all the critters and chatting with family. More times than not I have a stitching or quilting project in hand too. Have a great week. I know you will be very busy.

      Delete
  6. Late summer with the sunflowers everywhere and produce ripening in the garden is the perfect lead-in to fall, isn't it? I love seeing your projects, Melisa. Love the bee fabric in the little quilt you're making, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Diann. I do love the sunflowers and fresh fruit of late summer. Though the muggy heat can be rough. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  7. I am so tempted to do the Autumn SAL. Love all your newest stitcheries in addition to the WIP. August is perfect for sunflowers and bees. I am loving the cooler mornings and evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Judy. The little charts will be here if you decide to join in anytime. I am hoping that we will have cooler days here soon. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  8. I love your autumn cross stitch project! So ready for fall things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Cheree. I am enjoying every stitch. I am so ready for fall too. I love everything about this season. Have a great week and happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour