Blog Archive

Friday, August 19, 2022

Seeing Orange


Good afternoon, ya'll. I'm seeing orange. 👀🧡. 


This week I grabbed some fabrics and began working on an appliqued quilt.


 With orange being the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color, this is a perfect time to work on fall quilts. 

The yellow crow fabric dates back all the way to 2002. 


 A pumpkin in an urn is my new project. 



Real simple but a fun piece to work on . 



 From the scraps I pieced a few four patches. Hmm, maybe a mini quilt will evolve from these blocks. 


This is a short and sweet post. Now I'm off to gather batting and a backing. The Pumpkin in an Urn will be going into a hoop very soon. Have a wonderful evening and as always..

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

My favorite word is pumpkin. You can't take it seriously. But you can't ignore it either. It takes ahold of your head and that's it- Harrison Salisbury

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo -  " I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3


              

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday 















 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Pat. It has been a joy to share it and certainly got me in the fall mood. Have a great rest of the week. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Its winter here in New Zealand, and I love making and eating pumpkin soup! Flavoured with bacon and a little curry powder, delicious. Is this something you eat too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, Jenny. I have never ate pumpkin soup but it sounds so yummy. My children used to love a dish that has no particular name that had pumpkin, polish sausage, onions, and zucchini in it . It is prepared in  a skillet and then pasta is added to it. It was very yummy. I will definitely have to try pumpkin soup this year though. Have a blessed day, and stay warm. 

      Delete
  3. Such a cute project!! and now I am smiling becuase of the word Pumpkin.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Alycia. It will be pumpkin season here soon. Woo Hoo! Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet little quilt. Great fall project. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah thank you kindly , Jennifer. It was a fun quick quilt to work on. I am quilting on it this week. Have a wonderful productive week. and thank you for the sweet visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely Fall project, and your Pumpkin is pretty! I love your background fabric.
    Thank you for sharing this cuttie ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour