Blog Archive

Monday, August 8, 2022

Mystery Autumn Stamp SAL - Stamp Borders and Header Freebie

Good morning, Sunshine. Rise and Shine. Can I tell you how excited that I am?!  Today is the 1st part of the Autumn Stamp SAL.  I am sharing the border for the large piece . This is for if you are stitching the stamps as one piece; also included is  the header. If you are stitching them as one piece for ornaments or bowl fillers, then just stitch one stamp on your favorite fabric - this would be a great way to use up some of the scraps of fabric too.  

I stitched my large Autumn Stamp Collection on 14 count  orange dyed aida. The design size is 107 x 132 which on 14 count aida measures about 7 5/8" x 9 3/8" . 

One wee stamp has a design size of 35 x 35 which on 14 count aida would be about 2 1/2" squared. 


I am stitching a bunch of individual stamp borders . I will be turning these individual stamps into bowl filler pillows. 

I stitched all of my borders in DMC 898 , but you certainly can choose your favorite fall colors. 

Look at that teeny crow. 
In my final piece, I  added a few more crows to my header than what is pictured .  They are charted . 


If you are interested in playing along, please check out the links to the jpgs below. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart  or JPG s and not downloads.   I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs. 


Click here for Autumn Stamp Collection Instruction page. 



Click here for the Colored chart jpg of the Autumn Stamp Collection. 


Click here for the Black/ White jpg of borders. 



Sometimes I have a number of needles threaded with different floss colors so that I can pick them up quickly and stitch. It certainly  makes the piece go quickly . So I thought I would tell you the floss colors that you will need for Friday' s stitch in the PREP YOUR NEEDLES. 

PREP YOUR NEEDLES FOR FRIDAY'S  STITCH:

 STAMP 1 -

FLOSS COLORS

898, 355, 3345, 469, 815, and 782 

Thank you so much for dropping by to check out this little SAL. I will be posting a quilt update later in the day and linking to several of the link parties that I enjoy visiting; if you have time come back for a visit. Have a beautiful day, my friends. 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

He changes the time and the seasons. Daniel 2:21. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 




30 comments:

  1. This looks like fun ! Autumn is my favorite season and I look forward to stitching this design. Thanks for sharing your lovely designs with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandi. I love Autumn too especially all of the colors and the fun activities that go along with the season. I am so honored that you will be stitching along. I hope you enjoy. Have a wonderful day. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to starting this. Thank you again for your generosity!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday, Donna. I am so excited that you will be stitching along. I wish I was in the campground nearby and we could stitch together. Hope you are having a wonderful day. Happy stitching and thank you

      Delete
  3. Merci, j'adore les couleurs d'automne, ce SAL me semble parfait :-) ( my english is not so good : thank you, I love autumn's colors, This SAL seems perfect )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you are so welcome and thank you ,Catherine. I think this is going to be a lot of fun . I certainly have enjoyed pulling out the fall colors and stitching away. I am so honored that you will be joining. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  4. If I were a cross stitcher, I'd certainly be stitching along on this cutie! Have fun and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Gretchen. It is fun to work on fall projects. I am also ready to begin some new fall quilts. Have a wonderful day and thank you for the sweet Monday visit. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. Just printed it out. Tonights project! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah, Deb. Thank you so much . I have been working on individual stamp borders today. Have a beautiful day and thank you again for joining me. I can not tell you how excited I am. Hugs

      Delete
  6. This is going to look fabulous. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I am so excited to work on it. I hope to FFO the big piece this week. Have a great day and happy stitching. Hugs

      Delete
  7. I love your sweet patterns and so appreciate them being readily available. If only I had time to stitch them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Pamela . thank you so much. It has been a joy and a blessing to share them . Have a very lovely day. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  8. So Pretty! Loving the colors! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. I had a great time working with the warm autumnal colors. I love Autumn time so much. You have a blessed and wonderful day . Happy stitching.

      Delete
  9. Merci pour ce joli sal ,j'adore l'automne .
    Bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, dear Monique . I think it will be loads of fun and I am so honored that you will be stitching. Blessings . Happy stitching. 

      Delete
  10. This is so fun Melisa!! I am going to try to keep up~ I'm sure our friend Barbara will keep me in line. ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah! Sandy. I am so thrilled that you will joining me . Lol I am sure you will have no problem keeping up .Aaah dear Barbara is a great motivator and is prolific herself. Happy quilting and stitching.

      Delete
  11. Hi! This looks so lovely and the colors are great. How often will the stamps be released? Not sure if I missed where that was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Cynthia. There will be 10 stamps . I will post the 1st stamp on Friday and then one each day after that.I will be posting around midnight each day if all goes well. I sure hope you will join in . Happy stitching.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for your generosity! I saw this link thru Christi (JavaGirl) for the stitch-along and will give it a go! I'm going to do the smalls-in the hopes to use my (other addiction) mini charms for the backs-I have so, so many (belonged to a club w/ FQS for YEARS lol until I swapped the club out for cross stitching supplies! Love your blog-thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Marcy for joining in. I am making a set of pillows as well. Christi is so sweet to provide the link. Lol I understand your mini charm addiction. How fun. Now you can combine them both. Have a great day. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  13. Melissa, I'm so excited about this Autumn SAL. I have stitched most of your Christmas Stamps series. Which I plan to display on a wood tree shape. I've started your jar series and the saltbox house series. I just can't decide if I want to stitch this fall series as one piece or individual stamps. I wish I quilted too. I just love everything you share in your blog. Thank you for sharing your life and your amazing talents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah Chris, you made my day. I am so honored that you have stitched so many of my designs. Thank you so much that truly means so much to me . Oh that is hard to decide on which to do . You may want to wait and see what they look like and then decide. Thank you again for bringing a smile to my day. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  14. I'm going to give this a go - I have two other (large) projects going right now, but I think it will be fun to have something smaller to switch up. I love the idea of bowl fillers; I've never done any, but I see so many cute ones on pinterest and instagram that I think it's time to make some :-)
    Thanks so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo these look interesting and am definitely going to stitch them. Thank you for sharing you designs with me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ran out of 898 so have to still finish the separating borders!! today I will do the first one, basket of apples, am w3ay behind but having trouble with my hands!!! Will go to acupunture ion Thursday hope he will helo me! Thank you for all the pretty designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. will this fit in 8x 10 frame

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour