Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Happenings

 Sunday Blessings, ya'll. Can you believe the last week of May is coming upon us? This year is buzzing on by -at least for me it is. This week was a very busy week. The beginning of the week started off with ballgames.  We went to Alabama to watch my youngest daughter play on Monday. I took along my 2020 flag quilt and quilted as I rode. It was great to see her play again and woo hoo she hit 2 homeruns! Of course, I had to stop at the Goodwill and the Walmart in the area. We did not get in till late at night so little stitching was completed. 

On Tuesday I shared my Red, White and Blue ornament . I officially added this little ornament to the patriotic raggedy tree.

  Since it was Tomato Tuesday,  I also completed Needle Bling Designs "Stitching Makes Me Happy" . 

This chart was a gift from my friend , Joan. I used my own floss colors - what I had in my stash.  What a fun stitch. This  was also my Tiny Tuesday Stitch as well. My friend, Christina has started #tinytuesdaycrossstitching  on Instagram to focus on stitching smalls. Tuesdays are always a fun day. 

A new start followed on Wednesday with a summer saltbox,  and yes I did complete it. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning stitching away, but I will share the finish later. I still need to FFO it which sometimes takes me awhile. 

              

More ballgames on Thursday with a little rest time, and then Friday was the perfect day to do a little FFOing on Little Liberty Manor.  


I had good intentions this week to sneak into the Quilt Nest and do some piecing. I do have 3 quilts brewing in my mind. But alas it was a "no go"  . 

So today my plan is to finish the border on my patriotic flag quilt and have it ready for binding on Monday. 


A new quilt will go into the hoop which will probably be my Chicken Quilt. 

It is way overdue to be in the hoop.  I would like to get at least a row of quilting completed this week.  Can I do it? I don't know ; it just depends how many squirrels I start chasing.

Well I am off to do my Sunday family visits and quilt as I chat. I am so happy you stopped by for a  sweet Sunday visit as well.  As always...

Happy quilting and stitching ya'll

Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot! for BOMs Away Monday

Tish at The Madd Hatter Tish's Adventure in Wonderland  for UFO Busting #145
Frederique at Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts #53

Wherever you go , no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine!

   Hugs and Stitches










14 comments:

  1. Your flag quilt is very nice but I love the chicken quilt! Sounds like you had a nice day away to Alabama, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week of stitching!! Love all your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Love your flag quilt and small stitcheries, and of course the darling chicken quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun recap you shared, Melisa! Your flag quilt is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great week, I love your patriotic flag quilt, and all your cross stitch projects. Have a great stitching week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great and busy week! Nice to see family, and spending time quilting too. I love the quilted stars on the flag quilt ;)
    Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy, busy, busy... that's what you are. There is always such happy stitching to be seen at your place, Melisa. Love your flag quilt you are quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chicken quilt is so cute!! Hope you get lots of stitchy time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melisa, you were so busy stitching all your pretties. I love your Flag Quilt and your red white and blue ornie is stinkin cute. I love that you share all you do with us, you are super talented. Have a good day. ❤️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I'm exhausted for you! LOL Your stitching is so lovely. That Flag Quilt will be a stunner! Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great patriotic quilt - it might be finished by Memorial Day. I love it. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get a lot of stitching packed in a week. Everything looks great. I’d say your tomato Tuesday is absolutely right — you really like stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful projects. I just don’t know how you fit it all in. Pretty Amazing. Have a wonderful week of stitching Melisa ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Melisa! You sure get a lot done. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday