Sunday, May 9, 2021

A Lovely Mother's Day and A Sweet Surprise

Hello, dear friends. I am a bit late on my Sunday Slow Stitching update, but after a lovely Mother's Day I am now ready to settle down for some stitching. 

Mother's Day started out nice, warm, and very windy. I went over to my mom's where most of the family gathered. My sister and her husband cooked a fabulous meal of barbecued chicken and Kentucky Hickory Smoked ham. The ham was amazing as was all of the food. Of course we had sides - potato salad , broccoli casserole, mac and cheese and coleslaw.  Boy, did we all stuff. 

Mom received lots of pretties and of course hugs from the grandkids . It was a great day! We enjoyed the day on the patio watching all of the kids and grandkids. 

My sister gave me the prettiest flowers which normally I put in a vase , but I decided to put these in a little mason jar with a sorghum label on it. 

                     

My oldest daughter surprised me with a patriotic metal truck.  

I think it is time to change out the mantle and put my truck on it. 

                

She also got me the sweetest itty bitty camper. 

By 4:00 p.m. the skies opened up and the rain fell. Time for the party to end. 

I have been hopping back and forth between projects. 

Eyes are being added to the chickens. 


Grass is being filled in on a new stitch. 

Last night I began sewing  flags together in neat little rows.  More sashing will be added soon.


Can I tell you about my sweet surprise? The other day Mr. Pinker  handed me a little envelope after going to the mailbox.  I was brought to tears when I saw the sweetest cross stitch and note from my friend, Karen.  Isn't it precious!

 I adore it Karen; thank you so much.  I can not wait to frame it and display it where I can see and treasure it  everyday. 


She also sent me Deck the Halls by Blackbird Designs. I'm already dreaming of a bowl of Christmas  berries. 

Well I am off to stitch. Have a wonderful week and hope you stay awfully busy in a good way. And as always...  

Happy Quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

                    Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Tish at   The Madd Quilter  for UFO Busting #144

 A mother is like a flower; each one beautiful and unique. 
Hugs and Stitches

19 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you had the most beautiful of Mother's Day with your extended family overspilling with love and happy memories. Love those flags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day, Kim. I am at my happiest surrounded by family. Thank you so much for your sweetness.

      Delete
  2. Vous avez passé une fabuleuse journée, avec de jolis présents. La fête des mères en France est à la fin du mois.
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christel. It was a delightful day. I did not know when Mother's Day is celebrated in France; how interesting. Thank you for the sweet visit, dear.

      Delete
  3. Oh what a beautiful day you had! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delightful day , Penny. I always enjoy being surrounded by family. I didn't get much stitching and quilting completed but that is perfectly fine. Lol. Have a wonderful week, dear and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  4. What lovely things you received from your family and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. It was such a lovely day to be around the family and just relax. Have a wonderful week and big hugs.

      Delete
  5. Hi Melissa, sounds like a wonderful Mothers day, I am happy for you. I love the little kitty sampler/ alphabet your friend stitched for you. Do you by any chance know what chart it is from? I would love to stitch it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day and are ready for a great week. I am so happy you stopped by for a visit and left the sweetest comment. I just love the sweet little kitty stitch ; it does bring back fond memories of my sweet Kat, but I am not familiar with who designed it, but if I find out I will let you know. It is darling though. Have a lovely week, dear.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Melissa. Have a lovely week too

      Delete
  6. What a nice get together you all had. I love your little gift of the cat alphabet. Too, too cute. (And, I am definitely a dog person, not a cat person!) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Bonnie. I was so elated to receive this little stitch. I love anything handmade and from the heart. Lol. I love seeing both cats and dogs,but cats tug at my heart. Have a fabulous week

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful Mother's Day and gift! Love your chickens and flags. I want to make a chicken quilt now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mother's Day was so sweet, even with rain! Here, in Arizona it was nice, a little warm but nice Had family get together, as you did on the patio. I guess our "new" outlook on holidays. Your Kitty Alphabet it so sweet and your truck and camper, I can't wait to see what you display! Have a sweet wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gifts always make me feel special. Smile. Macaroni and Cheese? I LOVE mac and cheese. Do I fix it very often? Absolutely not. I would eat the entire pan! I have found those little two serving Stouffer's packs. They will do in a pinch. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that patriotic truck and tiny camper is just the cutest! Trucks are so popular these days. I have to say I love those stitcheries in your header too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a day to treasure and such sweet gifts! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. What sweet presents. I love the alphabet cat. Your family and friends certainly love you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday