Blog Archive

Saturday, March 27, 2021

1869 Spring Chick Crock - A Spring Freebie

 Well, it is the last Saturday of March. Boy, has the month flown by. So what have I been all into these last couple of weeks?  Chicks!🐥🐤 Oh, they are just so stinking cute!!! Mr. Pinker went down to the local Co Op, and the chicks are in! We are debating on whether to get a few to raise.  We have had them in the past, and we really enjoyed the eggs once they started laying.  We will just have to see though. 

 Yesterday I posted my Spring Chicks Quilt that I finished this week. It was such a delight to work on.  


I have also been working on these Spring Chicks embroidery doodles,but I will share that in another post. Click here to go to the post with the Spring Chicks freebie doodles. 


Thursday night I decided I needed a cross stitch to go with my Spring Chicks quilt  so I drew up 1869 Spring Chick Crock. 

 A big fat chick rests in a little crock as smaller chicks run around at the bottom.

  I stitched it up in just a few hours.  It is a small measuring only 42 x 40 about the same size of the other 1869 crock stitches. Have you seen them? They are the  Fall 1869 Crock and Ewe Have My Heart 1869 Crock.



 

This stitch only has 8 DMC floss colors including blanc, black, 3825, 721, 931, 3346, 972, 3712.

I finished mine on a thrifted piece that I think is a square candle holder or maybe it is a piece to hold post its. I am not sure, but it was the perfect size for this stitch  

 If you would like to stitch, this piece just click on the pdfs below. I am not a professional designer, and I am not able to  put these on one pdf. I apologize for that.  Click here for the instruction page.         

                          


Click here for the colored chart. 

                                        

Sorry this page is a little cock eyed. 

Click here for the black and white chart.  

                                  

I sure do appreciate you visiting me today and seeing my chick crock. Please come back for a visit anytime; you know how much I love visitors. Have a very lovely day and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Friends are the sunshine of life. 

Hugs and stitches, 







16 comments:

  1. Your little spring chicks quilt is very cute. I printed off the chicken design when you posted it last week or whenever it was. Have a great weekend with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Gretchen. I just finished the embroidery quilt and am ready to put it into the hoop. Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  2. Your chick quilt is adorable, Melisa! The chick in the urn is a cute one! Thank you! And have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I was excited to get the chick quilt completed. I hope you are having a great weekend. We are a little soggy but great time to sit in and stitch.

      Delete
  3. Really cute. You always have the loveliest finishes on your projects. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. You are so kind. I was happy to get a couple of things completed this week. Have a very blessed weekend.

      Delete
  4. Melisa,
    I love all the sweet little chicks here in this post!! I used a lot of "chick" items in my Kitchen for Easter.....Thanks for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I saw all of your chicks in your kitchen Deb. They were so amazing. You gave me so many ideas on how I want to decorate my hutch after Easter. You are always inspiring me. Hope you have a lovely week. Hugs

      Delete
  5. All of the chicks are so stinking cute. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jennie. I do love chickens and little chicks are especially cute. Thank you for the sweet visit and kind words. Have a great evening and happy stitching.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much for the sweet visit and love. Have a blessed week, dear.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for all the stitching patterns you create and share! Just love them. I just got some tea dyed colored aida to stitch a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah! I hope you enjoy them. I have been creating these for a few months and stitching from stash as much as possible. It warms my heart that you are adding some of the little charts to your stitching list. Have a great day and happy stitching, dear.

      Delete
  8. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful patterns with us. God has indeed blessed you with a special talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, you are so welcome, Shelia and I can not tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtful kind compliment. I feel like I have been blessed by all of the sweet stitchers like yourself who visit me. I feel like I am not stitching alone as much- noone in my family is remotely interested in stitching Lol , but that's ok. Have a wonderful week and happy stitching.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday