Blog Archive

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Let the Fireworks Begin!

 Light the grill and let the fireworks begin!

                      

 Good morning and Happy Sunday! And to those in the US Happy Fourth of July. This is one of my favorite holidays. Oh, let me take the opportunity to thank all of the men and women serving in the armed forces and all of the veterans  and their families who have served to protect our country and the freedoms that we enjoy. God Bless you all.

                             

 May I tell you that I am proud of my daughter who also serves in the US Air Force? She makes a mama proud as does my oldest daughter. 

I hope that if you are celebrating your day will be joyous and a safe one.

                       

 I think my only hazard will be eating too much. Lol.  Hamburgers and hot dogs are on my agenda with the family. Then a quick splash in the pool or at least watch the grandkids splish and splash. They always seem to get my in the water though. Lol- This Mae Mae can not resist her sweet grandbabies. ( Mae Mae is what the call me. Lol) 

 Mr Pinker has to work so depending on his shift; I may go watch the fireworks .

                  

 Our little town had their fireworks last night but there is supposed to be some at the marina which is always a good show.

The grandbabies loved the fireworks. 


Are you stitching on something special today? Or maybe starting a new patriotic piece?  That would be a lot of fun. Yesterday it was a such a feast for the eyes to see all of the patriotic stitches on Instagram - of course everyday IG is a feast for the eyes. 

                           

On my down time, I think I am going to work on City Stitcher's Liberty Sampler.  Boy, is she a big girl. I will be happy to get a couple of letters in . I just love eyelet stitches. 

Later in the evening after the fireworks, I am planning a new start with " All American" a sweet stitch by Primrose Cottage Stitches which was gifted to me by a dear friend. Doesn't it look like a lot of fun? 

 I also hope to make a mad dash to the Quilt Nest to piece a few of these blocks.                                                                         

 I saw this block in an antique quilt on Bonnie Hunter's blog, and I was immediately smitten with it.  

Two down and 10 more to go. 

I still need to add stars to my tin flag.

I am making my  blocks 12" finished. A super easy and quick block to piece. 

Well I am off to do something productive. I wish you the most blessed day. 


And thank you so much for visiting me and  for always being so kind and encouraging on my blog and on Instagram- Ya'll are the best!!!! 


As always, 
Happy Quilting and Stitching, ya'll
Melisa
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot! for BOMs Away Monday

Tish at The Madd Hatter Tish's Adventure in Wonderland  for UFO Busting #145


Land of the Free and Home of the Brave!
Hugs and Stitches

33 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Mae Mae! I like your grandma name. That is a pretty quilt block! Enjoy your stitches and many thanks to your daughter for serving! 🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much. I am so excited to spend the day with the family. I hope you have a wonderful day as well and Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. A Happy 4th to you and yours. No fireworks for us as it is too crowded and just not the same without the grands.
    Please thank your daughter for me for her service!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy July 4th, Donna. I completely understand the grandkids do make such events a whole lot more entertaining and fun.Thank you so much for your kind words on my daughter. Have a blessed day . Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th, Melisa! I am not a fireworks person (except watching them on television). The noise and crowds just aren't my thing... I love your new charts that you'll be stitching on today. I'm trying to finish up a patriotic piece, but it looks like I might not make it for today. Oh well, I keep my patriotic stitching up for most of the summer. Enjoy your day, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy July 4th , Carol. Thank you so much for stopping by. I like watching fireworks from afar but have never set any off myself. Watching them on television does give you a great view though ; plus you can be all comfy and enjoy your stitching. I hope you do make a lot of progress on your patriotic pieces . Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Happy July 4th! Lots of fun things in your post today! I love those new blocks you started making - looks like they will make a neat design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much. It was a great holiday weekend. I can not wait to get all of these blocks completed. I just need to find more time in the quilt room. lol. Happy quilting

      Delete
  5. Happy 4th for you and family. Pretty red, blue and white blocks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much; we are excited to get together for the day. These little quilt blocks were fun and fast. Lol. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Happy 4th! I think your house must be the most decorated one in your area with all your cute stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much , Vicki. I love piddling around the house moving the decor around. Of course I get lots of inspiration from the web. Lol. Have a wonderful week, dear and thank you again for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  7. Happy 4th July. You have a great collection of patriotic projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah for the sweet visit and compliment. The patriotic holidays are my favorite and I start decorating the 1st of May. I wish I could keep it out all year. Lol. Have a great week.

      Delete
  8. Happy 4th of July! I love your patriotic decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Karrin for stopping by for a visit. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Happy quilting, dear.

      Delete
  9. Enjoy your slow stitching and playing with the grandbabies! The photo of them watching fireworks is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy. It has been a wonderful day with good food and lots of fun with the grandbabies. We went to see the fireworks which was a very good show. Have a great week

      Delete
  10. I too fell in love with that block when I saw it. One of these days I will be making some myself.

    Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, Cynthia. It is a great block isn't it? I hope you are able to work on some blocks in the near future. They are a lot of fun. Happy quilting

      Delete
  11. I always look forward to seeing your lovely displays. Love the new block you are stitching, may have to copy that idea for myself if you don't mind. I love blocks that are easy but look so effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny. I am so happy you popped in for a visit . Thank you so much. Oh I hope you do piece some blocks like this. I am the same way. I love the fast easy blocks . Have a great week , dear.

      Delete
  12. That Bonnie Hunter block is really pretty! It looks so complicated - until you broke it down! Please extend our gratitude to your daughter for her service in the Air Force!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much for the kind words on my daughter and for the sweet visit and comment. When I 1st saw the block, I just fell in love with it. In the original quilt the quilter turned the blocks every other row which was interesting. Have a lovely week , dear.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Karen. It was a wonderful day. I hope your day was a blessed one as well.

      Delete
  14. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family this weekend! Have fun with your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful pieces of 4th of July eye candy in your post. I'm so happy you were able to spend the day with your loved ones and celebrate. There is no better feeling! Happy stitching! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a festive 4th, Melisa. SEW many wonderful patriotic projects!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your colors on the July Word Play. Would you share your color conversions??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your firework photos came out very well. I like your block. What size are you making it? We’re block instructions on Bonnie’s blog or did you just figure it out? I think I’ll copy your pic and figure it out. It looks fairly easy. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your projects will be a wonderful addition to your décor, I am still doing the center of my Outlander Chatelaine, almost finished. Then onto 3 large borders with lot of specialty stitches, beads and metallic threads. I, also, have 2 SAL/s ... Talavera from Linen and Threads and Roxy from Jean Farrish. Happy 4th, and a huge thank you to all who have served. My son is a retired Army Sgt Major and I have a sister who served in the Air Force. Best to you and yours, always do what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pic of your grandkids. All the projects are lovely. Your blocks look fab. I picked up a fq of the blue fabric last week. I may just have to go back and but a yard or two after seeing what you did with it. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies