Blog Archive

Friday, July 16, 2021

Fantabulous Friday!

 Good evening, my sweet friends. Another fantabulous summer Friday has rolled around!😍😄 So what are you up to today?  Do you have a fabulous project you are working or are you doing something relaxing?  I have been doing a little house cleaning today, but I am hoping to reward myself with some time in the Quilt Nest here soon. 

I do have some Friday Quilt Progress to show you though. 

I used scraps of reds and blues to finish this sweet cross stitch design by Hinzeit "Love 2 Quilt ". The chart was gifted to me from my sweet friend, PJ . I used the floss that I had on hand and changed the colors to fit my decor.


 I think Paxton the Bear , my newest thrifty find, is  quite happy with a new quilt to snuggle with.  Thank you, PJ. 😊🙏


Last week I shared these little nine patches I was working on . 


Not all of them, but some of them made it into this little quilt called "Fair and Square" . It is a pattern in Kim Diehls' new book, Simple Whatnots II. I was fortunate enough to win the book in a sweet giftaway by Kim.


I made mine a little bigger than the called for size, but boy was it a fun one to work on.  The fabrics are early 2000's , late 90's fabrics that I had in my stash. 


Finally, I was able to get all of the 12 needed blocks completed for my new quilt.  Oh I am doing a happy dance ! 


I had first saw this quilt on  Bonnie Hunter's blog. It was an antique quilt she was showing in a mini patriotic quilt parade. The original had light blue sashings and a border.  I hope you pop over to see it. I have bought fabric for the border and sashing, but it is looking quite dashing  without sashing too. Hmmm ! What to do ? It is something to contemplate. 

Well that is all the quilt happenings for the week. I am so grateful that you stopped by for a visit, and let me do a little rambling . Lol
Have a Fantabulous Friday, sweet peeps. And I hope to pop back in tomorrow as always...
Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll.
Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Alycia's of Alycia Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant 137

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts #61

May today be the Fridayest Friday that ever Fridayed.   

Hugs and Stitches!

14 comments:

  1. Fun cross stitch and congrats on getting those blocks done. They turned out great! I'm going to have to go take a peek at Kim's new book. Love her patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Deb. There are a lot of cute designs in her new book. She is an amazing talent. Have a fabulous weekend and happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Those blocks are great, well done on getting them done. Fair & Square is so pretty, beautiful 'old' fabric. I'm sure Paxton the Bear loves the sweet little stitchery quilt, so cute. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Saturday, Astrid. I was thrilled with what I completed this week. I hope to quilt Fair & Square soon. Have a great weekend and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christina . I had so much fun working on these little quilt this week. It felt good to be productive on the quilting front. Have a great weekend, dear.

      Delete
  4. Oh Paxton stole my eyes from his quilt! I'm sure he's very happy to be at your home and not in a store after someone off loaded him! You keep getting lots done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Bonnie. I was so thrilled to adopt , Paxton. How could anyone get rid of this little guy. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. I like the way you've set the blocks better than Bonnie's setting. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ,Gretchen. I just may end up setting them this way. They do make a fun design. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Other that the cleaning - I think you have too much fun haha!! What great projects! I really like your new blocks and where you are heading with that project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bits of Dark BLUE throughout your post, Melisa. Hoping Teddy enjoys his new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paxton's quilt looks perfect for him.🥰 I like the biggun, too. Congrats on winning the Kim Delhi book. Your version is lovely. I have 6 of her books. She is my favorite designer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please read this, I'm highly thankful to you Dr WHITE for the help you have given to my family also for bringing my family back to me after all hope was lost due to I have made contact with many spell casters both online and physically but none was able to help me until I met Dr WHITE my life has been very wounderful also filled with joy happiness because finally my family is back as one, since you helped me my husband has been treating me very nicely also treat me as a queen that I have always desired most importantly he doesn't have mistress any more he gives me his time attention like never before . Thanks very much Dr WHITE, he can help any of those problem.

    (1) Do you want your Ex back?
    (2) Are you always having nightmares?
    (3)Do you Want to be promoted in your workplace?
    (4) Do you want women / men running after you?
    (5) Do you Want a spell bear a child?
    (6) Do you Want to be rich?
    (7) Do you want your husband / wife to love you forever?
    (8) Do want to increase the size of your dick?/last long when having sex?
    (9) Do you Want to recover your lost money?
    (10) Do you want to stop a divorce?
    (11) spell to receive your dept.
    (12) Do you want your every wish to be granted by anyone?
    (13)Do you want spell to conceive?
    (14) Do you need a magic Ring?
    (15) Are you finding it difficult to win a case in court?
    (16) Do you want to marry your partner as soon as possible?

    email address is: wightmagicmaster@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +17168691327

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies