Blog Archive

Monday, March 1, 2021

A bit of March Rambling and OMG

 Hello, dear friends and Happy March! Can you believe it is already March? This year seems like it is flying by. Doesn't it?  


This stitch is a freebie called the "Lion and the Lamb"and was designed by Linda Stolz of Erica Michaels . It can be found on Rainbow Gallery's website. Click here  . 

Have you seen Helen D.'s sweet St. Patty's Day freebie that she so generously shared on her Flosstube # 76 ?  Hope you will pop over to see her lovely stitches and get this little freebie. Thank you, Helen. It was a delight to stitch.  I finished mine into a little pin pillow and added a ripped strip of gingham around the seam which I tied into a bow. I would like to add a little charm or button to the bow but will have to wait till I find the perfect piece. 

 I started my day off with a little quilting. I have been working on my bee skep blocks that I started last week.
 I plan to work more on those tonight. I just need to cut out  more skeps. 

What is this mess of scraps you ask? Well  a tray full of quilt block possibilities. I have a design drawn on paper, and so another applique project is going to be worked on to go along with  Angela's green challenge of So Scrappy. Hopefully, I can have some progress on that later this week.


For the last 2 months I have participated in Elm Street Quilts  One Monthly Goal quilt challenge. This is where you set one goal to complete during the month. It is a great motivator to get some things done that you might not have completed as quickly. Well this month I am going to work on hand quilting my Easter Quilt again. My goal is to get at least 1 quilt hoop completed. I am hand quilting it in the Baptist Fan pattern.


Quilts are being pulled out for spring decorating. The house is a mess as I pull out bins of spring. 

A bit of Spring has sprung on the buffet with Waxing Moon Designs "Easter Trio". 

So what is on my agenda for the rest of the evening? Well I have bee skeps to applique and a cross stitch house to start.  Hopefully, I can make some good progress and update you later this week. 
Before I leave, can I tell you how much you brighten my day with your visits ? You really do. I truly feel blessed. Have a beautiful first week of March and as always..
Happy Quilting and Stitching, ya'll
Melisa
I am joining these lovely ladies for their blog link ups . I sure hope you will check them out. 
Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making

I have enjoyed seeing so many wonderful quilting and stitching projects on IG and the blogs that I visit. I wish I could comment and tell you all how much joy it brings me. You bring me a lot of motivation to get into gear and be productive. Thank you so much. 

 



 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that pile of pretty and happy quilts does make me smile. Your lovely pkace is looking very spring-like. Your Easter quilt is cheery. Love all those colourful little squares of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to get this house in its spring attire by the end of the weekend. It has brought me so much joy to pull out the colorful quilts . I so appreciate you visiting an leaving such a kind comment, Kim. It makes this gal happy. Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for spring! Love all your sweet decor and quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bright and pretty colors you are using in your home to spruce it up for Spring....
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.