Blog Archive

Friday, March 5, 2021

A Little Applique Here and There

Happy , Happy Friday and welcome!  It has been a busy week, but I can not say I have a lot to show for it in respect to quilting. However , I wanted to pop in and give you a little quilty update.

The bee skeps are still being worked on using scraps of fabric gifted to me by a dear quilter. 
The chosen color by Angela of So Scrappy for the Month of March is green. So I have been pulling out scraps of green. When I went to look in the Quilt Nest , I  found I have very few greens to work with. I think I need to remedy that.  


After stewing over the idea of how was I going to use my greens, I decided I just need another applique project . Have I mentioned that I love needle turn applique?  "A Bowl of Berries" is my first block in my new quilt.   Have I got this quilt all planned out? Of course not, but it will come to me. 
Tonight's stitching project is Notforgotten Farm's new freebie "Shamrock Basket" which can be found on Lori's blog in the March 2, 2021 post. Lori  is so artistic and has the sweetest designs. I am pushing for a finish on this tonight. 

Well that is my Fun Friday update . Thank you so much  for the sweet visit and as always...

Happy quilting, ya'll

Melisa

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Angela of So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday

Alycia of Alycia Quilts For Finished or Not Friday

Rebecca Grace of Rebecca Grace Quilting for TGIFF

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

Michelle from Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant 119

Kelly from My Quilt Infatuation 


20 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what other berries are included in your new quilt, blackberries are a favorite of mine. She'll be a beauty! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blackberries too- pretty much all berries. My family has a strawberry farm so I am drawn to the. We blueberry bushes and blackberry bushes here too. Have a lovely week and thank you for the sweet visit, Gretchen.

      Delete
  2. I love the strawberry basket. I’ve been on a strawberry obsession lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much. I started a strawberry quilt last year that I should be working on, but aah why not start a new one and have two going on. Lol. You may have to create a strawberry quilt. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  3. The striped bee hives are adorable. I LOVE the bowl of berries! I have some of the same green fabrics that you do. Can't wait to see what you make with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy. I was going to strip piece some fabrics for the hives and then I found this scrap fabric which was perfect. I hope to work more on them this week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Your bee skeps are adorable as is your bowl of strawberries. Your shamrock stitch is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin. I have been trying to figure out what to do with the bee skep blocks today. Hopefully I can get that all planned out soon. Have a wonderful week and big hugs.

      Delete
  5. The Bee Skeps are so cute - and isn;t it funny when we find ourselves short of a color? I do like the greens you have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alycia for visiting me today. I was quite surprised that I was low on greens in my fabric stash. I am always buying reds, whites and blues because I fear running out of them . Now is time for me to focus on greens. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Your appliqué and needlework projects are lovely, and I love how you styled each photo with real strawberries, blocks, etc. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Rebecca for the sweet visit and compliment. Your blog is a delight and enjoyed visiting as well. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenny for your sweet visit and your kind words. Have a fabulous week of quilting

      Delete
  8. Cute, fun applique projects! There is so much to see in each photo. I love the little chicken pillow, the bee skeps, and of course the yummy strawberries. Your green quilt makes a nice background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Sylvia for the sweet visit and the lovely compliment. Slow and steady I have been getting a little bit done on these little blocks. I have been trying to figure out what to do with the bee skep blocks today. I hope you have a very lovely week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. A bucket of GREEN and some fun items in the Color of the Month!! My niece would LOVE that strawberry block. Too bad for her that I'm not a huge fan of doing applique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much. I was surprised that I really do not have as much green fabrics as I thought. Lol maybe you will have to piece a berry quilt for your niece. Have an awesome week.

      Delete
  10. LOVE that sweet bowl of strawberries...you are so talented!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. I look forward to pulling out my strawberry stuff soon. Strawberries ripen around the end of April for us. Have a wonderful week. Hugs

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday