Blog Archive

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Under the Trees

Good afternoon, y'all and Happy Slow Stitching Sunday

I am stitching under the trees today. πŸ˜€πŸŒ²πŸŒ³πŸŒ²πŸ•

Yep! Mr. Pinker and I are  on another camping adventure . Soooo, I took along my Flaming Butterflies quilt to work on this week. 


The first butterfly is all quilted. Aaah I think it is so lovely. πŸ’›πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹ I do apologize for the poor photo; the filtered light makes it hard to see. 

I will next move on to quilting a Whatcha MaCall It  Block. 

Whatcha Ma Call It Block Tutorial was posted on April 29, 2024. 

 When I am not quilting, I will be spending the afternoons in this old hammock... 

Staring up at the leaves.πŸπŸ‚πŸƒ

 I hope to catch up with y'all when Mr. Pinker and I go into town. We do not have any service at camp so please forgive me about being late in visiting your blog and   responding to  your sweet visits as well.   Enjoy your day, and I hope you get in some slow stitching yourself. Love ya' ! 😘

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"A little R & R does the soul some good. "

Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—πŸ§΅

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved to camp. I miss and love you so much.   ❤πŸ‘Ό


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday



A Pumpkin or Two is in the works. 



20 comments:

  1. Enjoy your camping trip, the fi,tered sun light looks so pretty. We are camping too, but our weather has turned cold and wet, not nice at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melisa, your quilt looks gorgeous! Love the colours of that butterfly. You be careful in that hammock, looks far too dodgy to me! Have a lovely trip. πŸ™‹‍♀️πŸ‘πŸ‘‹πŸ€—xx Barbara @flashinscissors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the butterflies seem to sparkle and shine. Such a beautiful quilt to honor your sister. Oh my that little quilt is adorable. Seriously adorable!!!! That may be "the one" that forces me to finally turn on my sewing machine. Time will tell. Oh, please enjoy your time with Mr Pinker - so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Huge hugs, my friend. And a little hug for Mr. Pinker - LOL Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think with the view of the trees you've shown, I would be very tempted to put the hammock at the top of the choices list. I have only laid in a hammock once in my life and I absolutely loved it! Your in-progress pumpkin stitch and the brilliant red leaf in the photo smacks of Autumn. Our cooler nights are feeling like it's fast approaching. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of lazing an afternoon in the hammock;))) Some R&R is so good for the soul...
    We had lots of family time this weekend and a quiet time today--really nice
    Your butterfly is so beautiful--nice quilting......hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you've had a great time camping, and sitting out under the trees. The butterfly quilt is gorgeous, and your quilting is just going to add more to it. The pumpkin stitch looks fun, too. I'm ready to stitch a few pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a lovely time. What a beautiful and special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting under the trees, quilting the butterflies quilt…sounds heavenly. Enjoy your time away. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your camping spot looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your trip sounds so nice! Enjoy your peaceful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your time under the leaves, Melisa. The blocks that are being quilted look good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. Enjoy your camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your time unplugged, Melisa! Looks like a great place for slow stitching!! I'm so glad you did the yellow butterfly first!! Have a great trip and we'll see you when we can!! Thanks for joining us at Monday Musings. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful campsite. Your butterfly quilt is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful setting for your stitching projects! You and Mr. Pinker find the best spots! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful place to recharge and quilt. Enjoy viewing the leaves (and maybe the back of your eyelids too?).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you enjoy your camping trip and quilting, Melissa!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stitching and quilting in the woods looks like such fun, Melisa! Very relaxing indeed. Enjoy your time away ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, it looks the perfect and serene place to sew! Enjoy the outdoor stitching, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Frederique. We enjoyed a quiet and peaceful trip and I was able to quilt more than I had expected. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete

Popular Posts

A Delightful Finish