Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

A Good Day to Be Thrifting

 It was a good day to be thrifting! Mr. Pinker wanted to peek into a thrift store that sometimes has "manly things" and look what he found me! 

An Alabama find 

Eeeh! A quilt top and at just $15, I was running to the register like a bandit. 😀

Hmm. I wonder what this block is called. Do you know? 

 I think I will call this quilt Tumbleweeds. It sorta has a patriotic/ Americana feel to it doesn't it?   

Each block is framed with 1" sashing. 

The quilt top is  a full size top and machine pieced There are 20 blocks in creams , browns and blue. The 1 inch sashing is in red with green corner blocks.  What do you think? Should I take a moment to do the happy dance? I do believe Tumbleweeds deserves a hoedown! Yee Haw!  

And now for Mr. Pinker- well   he did  a jig right out to the truck with a fishing lure in hand so he was a happy thrifter too. Yep, it was a good day to be thrifting. 

Thank you so much for dropping by to see my latest thrifty find. 

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

Find the magic in every day!  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved to thrift as much as I do. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

May 2024


24 comments:

  1. Wow wghat a find. Wonderful. Never had such luck. Well, I once saw a Quilt which I liked, that was in CDN years ago, but the price. Whoopie, too expensive. I have some graphs for quilts, so I cross-stitched them. Looks quite nice.
    Tumbleweeds sounds good, could also be sth with wheel.
    Happy day to you, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. You always find some nice quilts. I have found a couple of quilts over the years at the antique store but never at the thrift shop. Oh well maybe someday. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo really shows the quilt top off beautifully. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lucky you and your dh - and what a find! Glad he found what he liked too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fine! Now for a fun time quilting it & making it your own

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great find and I'm glad Mr. Pinker found him a new lure to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Little Penpen) wow! What a find! Your lucky day and it’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible looking quilt top Mr. Pinker found and you purchased, Melisa! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. eautiful top Mr. found for you!! It does have an Americana look to it for sure...I can't wait to see how you will quilt this one...hugs from a hot, hot, house on the hill Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great find! You and Mr. Pinker are good at that! I like the blocks in those colors and the red sashing, too. I bet you'll have fun quilting and finishing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great quilt find. I'm not sure of the block name.... but it is a fun one. Love the name Tumbleweeds. Will you be hand quilting it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was definitely a great day for deals!!!!
    Beautiful quilt, Melisa!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great find, Melisa. You and Mr. P did well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful antique quilt find! Great job, Mr Pinker! Lucky Mrs Pinker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr. Pinker is a LOVE for sure! Please share if he caught a fish on the lure that he picked up. . that is the absolute test of thrift pick up!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like both of you hit the jackpot with the thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the day was a win win for both of you! Tumbleweeds sounds like a good name for it. I like it. You ( or your Mister) seem to have really good luck finding quilts, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That quilt top was a fantastic find, Melisa. You two do have some amazing finds at the thrift shops! Tumbleweeds is a great name for it. Sounds like you’re having a great break. 🤗😄🙋‍♀️🥰xx Barbara @flashinscissors

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful find Melisa! Mr Pinker did good. Tumbleweeds is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  20. Major score! Looks like you have a pinwheel block with a half square triangle border. It's the perfect quilt for hand stitching. Envious in WA :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

A Delightful Finish