Blog Archive

Monday, August 19, 2024

Where Have I Been?

 Good afternoon, Sweet Friends. How are you? Are you enjoying these dog days of summer?  I am trying to squeeze every ounce of fun out of them that I can.😀 

So where have I been? Well Mr. Pinker and I have been traipsing about, following roaring tractors and raging trucks, as well as visiting family and friends. 

Camp is all set with tables, fan and generator to run the AC. 

Actually, we have been attending a few tractor pulls.  We took along the truck camper and was able to set up at one of the pulls.  

Of course, I took along a few projects to work on including my Berry Season quilt. I shared the Berry Season doodles earlier this year in my May 16, 2024 post . Anywhoo, I worked on quilting Berry Jam and then moved on to the border. 

I hand quilted around the embroidered motif and 1/4 " away from the edges. 

Soon, Berry Season was quilted and ready to take out of the hoop. Binding would have to wait until I got home. 


One day we drove around looking at all of the colorful tractors and trucks.  I hope you do not mind if I share a few photos of them. 


I always enjoy looking at the names of the trucks and tractors as well as admiring  the graphics . 






In the heat of the day, one of the pullers shared homemade ice cream.

 Two scoops , please . 🍦🍨 It was delicious. I got a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of strawberry. 


Soon the tractors and trucks would cross the scales to be weighed. 


And by late evening they would be roaring down the track... 


pulling this big ole'  sled. 


After touring the pit, I went back to the camper and worked on Joy's  at Days Filled with Joy 
Christmas in July SAL.  Joy shared the final design in the stitch in her July 23, 2024 post.  Eeeh isn't the stitch filled with Christmas goodness? Thank you Joy, for another great SAL. 

I will share a better photo soon. 


A little 4 patch quilt has also kept me busy this last week while out and about. 
More on that in a future post. 

Well, that's what has been going on in my neck of the woods. Mr. Pinker and I will have a few days of rest at home and then we will be loading back into the camper for more summer fun. 🌞🚜


Before you go-  Have I told you how much I appreciate  you and your sweet visits lately?  I certainly do .You make this ole' gal happier than a pig in mud! Thank you , Sweetness!

Have a rip roaring day! 

As Always...


Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Cause a little bit of summer is what the whole year is  all about. " John Mayer


Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

28 comments:

  1. I am sure you enjoyed a few days on the road;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did , Vicki. I am looking forward to getting back on the road in a few days. Have a great evening and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. All those tractors are sure unique and interesting! There's an event called Power Pull Nationals in June near our church in Hutchinson, MN. I've never been but you have me curious now! It looks like a great time of getting some hand stitching done, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how interesting, Nancy. I will have to ask hubby if he has heard of it. The tractors and trucks are fun to watch but the pulls sure are loud. LOL. Have a fabulous day and thank you for dropping by. Hugs

      Delete
  3. WOW! While I've been AWOL lately, you've been out doing up Summer right! Loved ALL the pictures and I'm glad you've got some happy stitching to keep your hands busy during the down time. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday, Susie. We have had a great but busy summer. I was thrilled that I was able to get some photos of the tractors and trucks. They are neat to look at . I was especially thrilled to have some stitching time too. Hee! Hee! I seem to get a lot done when away from home. LOL. Have a wonderful day and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. That’s what we do in the summer. We have a pulling tractor and the organization we follow has 17 pulls this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that is fabulous! The pulls keep you busy this time of the year. Don't they? Do you camp at the pulls as well? We saw a lot of pullers with their rigs or haulers camping. Hubby says all of the pullers are like family. I wish you and your tractor great success in the upcoming pulls. Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I haven't been to a tracker pull since I was in middle school and lived in Missouri. The vehicles look fancier now. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told that the tractor pulls have come a long ways since back in the days. I had never had of them until hubby introduced me to the event. Only this year have I been going to a few . Thank you so much for the sweet Tuesday visit, Kate. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. It looks like you had a good time taking in the tractor/truck pulls. They have them here at the fairgrounds a few times a year. Yum on the homemade ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun. I wish that they had them closer to home, but they are fun and interesting to attend. I spent most of the day at camp stitching and quilting. It was a good trip. Hope you are having a good day, Robin. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Those sure are some fancy tractors. I had no idea they did things like this, California girl that I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pullers really take pride in "fancying up" their tractors and trucks. It is interesting to see them pull and to see all of the hard work they put into their sport. I am still learning about it though. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Karrin. Happy Tuesday.

      Delete
  8. You were missed, Melisa. I had to check the blog to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I'm happy to see you are out and about, enjoying what is remaining of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah it feels good to be missed. Thank you so much, Jeanna that really warms my heart. We have had a good summer and planning on heading out again this weekend. Are you going to be able to squeeze in any more camping trips before the end of summer? Have a great day. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. I love watching the tractor pulls. We go every year to the local county fair, but they got rained out this year. Bummer! Enjoy your camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer, a lot of fun was missed out with the rain. Y'all must have a great county fair. We no longer have a county fair. They used to have rodeos and then demolition derby but that is log ago. These last few pulls have been enjoyable to watch. Thank you for the sweet visit, Donna. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. That looks like it was a fun event! In our family, hubby and younger son would be interested in the tractor pulling, and I would want to stitch. Glad you brought along your hand stitching projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have to admit that I spend more time stitching than watching  the tractor pulls. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much ,Diann. Have a great evening. Hugs. 

      Delete
  11. Looks like a really fun time! Pretty snazzy paint on those trucks! Homemade ice cream is always a plus on a hot day. You made good headway on all of your stitching, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time, Ginny. The graphics on the trucks is always a treat to see. The pullers come up with some great names for their vehicles. LOL. The ice cream was fabulous. I am going to have to get her recipe. Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you are having a great week thus far. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Now how did I miss this post???? Anyway, I'm glad you and Mr Pinker were out having lots of fun. I haven't been to a tractor pull in more years than I care to count. Enjoy your time at home and then it'll be "on the road again". LOL Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I snuck this post in late in the evening. Hee! Hee! We had a fabulous time, Darlene. You never know what to expect or see at a tractor pull. All of the pullers did a great job and we had a ball. Have a beautiful day, Sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I love to see a quilt in a hoop photo! Total swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much , Kathy. It feels good to have a quilt in the hoop no matter how small it is. Enjoy your day in the quilt room. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. I have rested for a few days by the sea and back to the city
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that must be wonderful, Isabel. It has been ages since I have been to the ocean. I hope you had a relaxation vacation. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete

Popular Posts

A Delightful Finish