Blog Archive

Friday, August 9, 2024

Farm Friday with Elmer

 Elmer had a bad day.  Welcome, y'all. It is Farm Friday where I share a little bit about what is going on at the farm. 

Yep, Elmer had a bad day!  He was feeling a bit ornery because he was not getting enough attention. 









 New calves have been born and of course ,we think they  are the bees knees.

 Seeing me snap photos of the calves aggravated  ole' Elmer, and he began to  pull back his ears, snarl and gallop toward the cows. 

The calves are enjoying the shade . 

  

He first tried to disrupt the babies feeding time, but we moved the truck between him and the babes.

Mama needs a bath. LOL.

 So he sauntered over to the pond.  He eyed , Ginger and thought he would harass her, but she is a smart gal and kept her eyes on him. 

Ginger gives the "stink eye" . ๐Ÿ˜€

 Elmer looked about to see who could he pester. 

Lazy Day on the farm. 

Hmmm There was no way he was going to mess with Big Bad Brad.

Isn't Brad handsome? He is a very gentle fella. 


 
Soooo ...  Elmer soon huffed and puffed and made his way to the corner. 

Good! Stay there sweet Elmer until you feel  a like behaving like  the good donkey that you are. LOL. 

 There is always something going on at the farm. 



My daughter's neighbors have a few goats in their yard. Aren't they cute? Seeing these gals makes me want a few of my own. 

Thank you for dropping by for a Friday visit. I wish you a fabulous day. 

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"It is the sweet simple things  in life which are the real ones after all. " Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved the farm and all of the critters. . I miss and love you so much.   ❤๐Ÿ‘ผ

20 comments:

  1. Oh Elmer you're my kind of guy!! Big Bad Brad is mighty handsome but it's all about you Elmer. LOL Darlene J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals have such different and changeable personalities, don't they? ;))) Poor old Elmer was feeling left out I think...;))) We can all get a bit cranky once in a while...[ask me how I know!!]
    I hope you have a good weekend and that Elmer calms himself down a bit...those baby calves are so cute...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story teller you are! Poor Elmer, bored with nothing to mess with. He'll wake up on the right side of the stall another day. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if he's being a stinker, Elmer still looks cute doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, poor Elmer! Love Ginger's "stink eye" :D Brad certainly is handsome. Your animals provide a great deal of fun, right? Love this peek at your farm Melisa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love farm animals. Poor Elmer, LOL. Baby calves... so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can i please come and live with you? i would love the farm life. i used to ride horses a lot many moons ago and we raised pigs and lots of chickens. i loved it. i'm so happy you get this experience on a daily basis. the grandbabies must really love coming to gramma and grampa's house with a fishing hole and everything farm life. have a wonderful, blessed day Melisa. you're the best. thank you for all the wonderful freebies. i love each and everyone of them.
    Debra Broyles
    quiltingprettyquilts@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Elmer, what got into you?! Hope he got that out of his system. It's always fun to see what's going on at the farm, Melisa - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Elmer! What's a feller to do? LOL Sweet babies and lovely Ginger. Big, Bad, Brad! I bet the mud was originally cool for the mama but now it makes for an interesting drink for the little one. Goat's eyes get me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing all the farm critters, especially Elmer! They can be ornery for sure! Big Bad Brad is a handsome fellow, but I agree with you, those calves are the bees knees!! Love the babies! I think you should get some goats too!! Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, sweet Elmer. I hope his attitude has improved. Thanks for sharing the farm with us, Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much going on ~ on the farm ~ Elmer your so adorable! I say yes to getting some goats. Aren't they absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elmer is too cute. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your animal photos are so much better than seeing the poor animals at the state fair, which I just went to yesterday. They seem to have so much personality to them. It is sad to say how so many people have gotten away from knowing what farm life is about. By the way, what are the red tags on the ears for? I thought they were only for the show cows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Elmer, he is jealous of those new calves. Perha9s he just needs a little attention, and a carrot or two.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got a chuckle out of your Elmer photos and story, Melisa. How many cows do you have on your farm? I'm sure it is a huge job taking care of all the animals! Hope you're having a great weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ginger has a great stink eye! Poor Elmer, I hope he was able to take a nap in the sunshine and wake up in much better mood. Brad is a hunk!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elmer is my favorite farm boy!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor Elmer! He is a handsome fella. Love the picture of Ginger and her stink eye. I am playing catch up after being gone for a few days. Good to be home though!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

A Delightful Finish