Sunday, June 18, 2023

Sunday This and That

A bright sunny hello to you, Sweeties!  

           

Gosh, can you believe it is the 3rd Sunday of June already? I can't. Do you have anything special planned for Father's Day?

 We will have a grand celebration with the family here at the house .  A good ole' fish fry is in the works!  Perhaps in the evening, the kiddos will go for a lazy dip in the pool . 

Have ya'll seen these popsicle molds at the Dollar Tree? I bought 3 of them last week and have been making the boys popsicles. As soon as they get in the pool, the ask for them. Their favorite is strawberry jello popsicles. However Tropical Punch is being served today. 🌴🌴🌴

I have been getting in a good amount of quilting time. 

I finished the white butterfly in my Butterflies from Heaven quilt and have moved onto the  next block - a beautiful fuchsia colored butterfly  . Each day that I quilt on this quilt, I write a message on the back to my sister. 🤗

I can not thank you enough for the kind comforting words on my last post about my sister. ❤  










While sitting at the pool , I hope to finish  the embroidery work on  "When Life Gives You Lemons" 


I have started a new saltbox. Not much to see, but it's getting there.

Today, I will be serving a Strawberry and Blueberry TrifleMr. Pinker and my dear Son- in- law loved it when I served it on Memorial Day.  This is a basic recipe that I tweak here and there. 

This time I am adding sweetened condensed milk though it was not called for. I also used only 1 tub of whipped topping.   I will let you know how it turned out. 

The longer the trifle sits refrigerated the better. I made mine on Friday night . 

STRAWBERRY AND BLUEBERRY TRIFLE
INGREDIENTS:

2 ( 3.4 oz. ) boxes of vanilla pudding

2 ( 8 oz. ) tubs of whipped topping

block of cream cheese- softened

1 ( 16 oz. ) frozen pound cake. ( or you could bake  your own) 

2 lbs of strawberries sliced

1 pint of blueberries

3/4 of milk

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cut the frozen pound cake into small cubes.

2. Set aside some strawberries and blueberries for garnishing the top of the trifle. 

3. In a large mixing bowl, combine whipped topping, cream cheese , milk and vanilla puddings.

 4. In your trifle dish, begin with a layer of cubed pound cake. Second, add a layer of the cream cheese/ whipped topping/ pudding mixture. Third add strawberries and blueberries. Repeat this process for 2 more layers. 

5. Garnish with reserved pound cake and berries. 

6. Refrigerate. This is better if it sits overnight. 

 Strawberry Jam Jar

Well, ya'll that's what going on this Sunday in the holler. It is supposed to get up to 91 degrees today and then this week a sharp drop in temps for the rain is headed this way.  I hope your day is a bright and sunny day.

 Have a beautiful day, ya'll and ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

A father's love is a guiding light that shines through every step of life. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . I love and miss you Amo. We will be celebrating your birthday today. I so wish you were here. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your family on this Father's Day Sunday, Melisa! Time certainly isn't slowing down any that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time today with your family. We'll be spending it with our best friends in WY. The trifle looks yummy! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's Day to your family! That trifle looks yummy. I didn't plan a special dessert for today, and now I'm wishing I had! Love your lemon stitchery design, too. I need a new design to work on - that one might have to be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a sweet post and wonderful idea to write to your sister. Your heart is so tender and sweet. Hugs to you. That’s a beautiful border on your new saltbox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your special celebration for Father's Day, Melisa. Oh my, your trifle looks delicious! Gotta love a trifle. Cute lemon stitchery. Stitching by the pool....sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great family day, and that trifle looks amazing and delicious! Thanks for sharing. I will use peaches instead, since I can't have berries, but I think it will be just as delicious, and I like the idea of the condensed milk. As a young married, I kept a can in the fridge all the time, and just ate a spoonful whenever I wanted. It's amazing I don't weight 400 pounds at my age with habits like that as a young woman! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, trifle! We generally add thick cold custard to ours. Trifle is always delicious whatever the variation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that butterfly quilt and that you write Amy messages on it each day you quilt. How special!! Your trifle sounds awesome. As for sweetened condensed milk...what's not to love that it is a part of???!!! LOL My mama used it to make her lemon ice box pies and they were awesome!! Hope you all had a wonderful family celelbration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must not have hit the publish button. Your trifle looks absolutely Yummy! I will save this recipe for when my raspberries ripen. Patience isn't my strong suit when it comes to waiting on ripening fruit. LOL You're making good progress with your projects. The new stitch looks to have what looks to be an ornamental fence that is very much like my neighbor's. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fuchsia butterfly ;) Enjoy Father's Day with family, these popsicles and trifle looks yummy!
    Thank you for sharing your happy place and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melisa,
    Love the butterfly quilt and also your embroidery... So pretty Thanks so much for stopping by!! So glad to hear that my patio extension with pavers inspired you to do your own!! I am making a point of trying to get an hour or more of reading done a day so I do enjoy sitting out there in the Evening....I hope you are having a good week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got some fun projects in the works. That trifle looks like a great dessert for a hot day. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday