Friday, June 16, 2023

A Bouquet for Amy- A Special Freebie.

A very good morning to you, dear friends and happy Friday! 

Today is my dear late sister's birthday. She would have been 41 years young,  Oh , what a beautiful person she was- inside and out. Now I have to admit,  she was a fiesty spitfire; in fact Papa  nicknamed her Flaming Amy when she was just a toddler for she was always bustling about and getting into everything. She was stubborn as a mule and bound and determined to do what all of her siblings were up to. Amy  never knew a stranger and would talk your head off if she had the chance. I can hear her now with her booming laughter filling the room. I always said she was a little rock n roll and  a whole lot of country all wrapped into one. She loved to hunt , fish, and was up for any adventure, but at the same time she was  very feminine . In fact , she was a hairdresser, and we never knew what hair style she might sport next. If you were in her chair, she certainly would keep you entertained  with a tale as she cut and styled your hair. 

I do miss her so. ๐Ÿ˜Œ❤❤❤

In memory of my sister , I would love to share my newest stitch called " A Bouquet for Amy"- a prim basket filled with wild whimsical flowers. 

If you are interested in stitching this piece, I would be so honored. Just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 





I have several pieces in memory of my sister. 

Last year I shared, Amy's Pinkeep for her birthday. 

I have shared 2 Christmas angels. 

 Prim Winter Angel for 2021


Always With Thee for 2022

Amy loved the farm and had hopes of taking over the strawberry farm. In 2022, I created Amy Lou the Strawberry Picker for her. 


I am with you always was stitched in 2021. It has been almost 22 months since my sister received her angel's wings. 

I am with you always

Today, my family and I will go visit, Amy with new bouquets . Her sons and her nephews will release balloons with loved filed notes attached. ❤❤❤❤
 
Thank you so much for dropping by and for taking the time to read a bit about my sister. I hope your day is filled with many blessings and love. 
And as Amy would say, ...
I'll see you later, Love ya'

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa 

The best things in life are not things- they are sisters. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. I love and miss you so much.  You are always on my mind and are forever in my heart. ❤❤๐Ÿ‘ผ  


25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought for your sister, I think it's really great that she is still in your heart and that you dedicate a beautiful work to her every year.
    It's hard when loved ones have to leave, so it's all the more important to remember them.
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Martina. I still feel like I am in disbelief and I will never get over it. But I am coping and I am so grateful that I have stitching and quilting to bring me comfort. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. Sorry she had to leave at such a young age and you didn't have more time with her. I know how hard it must be. You are amazing sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quรฉ pena que Amy tuviera que irse tan pronto.... Me gusta mucho una canciรณn de Brian May, "Only the good die young" que capta este sentimiento.
    Rindes un precioso tributo con tu bordado a tu querida hermana.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to your sister. I can tell you still miss her dearly. That's a sweet basket of flowers you designed in her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Melisa, for the gift you give us "The bouquet for Amy".
    Thanks to your reflections on your long-awaited sister, it seems that she feels her close to you, like an angel that accompanies you. It's a wonderful tribute to your sister.
    Kisses from Spain,
    Pilarรญn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to your precious sister. Sending prayers for your family while y’all bring up all the sweet memories of her. You always have her memories with you. ❤️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Little Penpen) these tributes to Amy are so precious. I know you miss her terribly. Heaven will be so wonderful when you reunite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melisa, what a beautiful tribute to your sweet sister, Amy. I feel that I know her and would love her as much as I love and admire you and your beautiful heart. So very precious are your memories of your beautiful sister. Blessings to you and your family on this day. Warm hugs and kisses from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy heavenly birthday to your sister! What a lovely tribute piece you have created and stitched in Amy's memory, Melisa. Thinking of you and your family today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tribute you've created to honor Amy. She will live on, as feisty and loving, forever in the hearts of you and your family. Peace be with you ❤️. cindyls5462

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful lesson of love you are giving Amy’s sons, God bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful show of love and affection, Melisa! I hope some of your memories you share today with family will make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a loving way to honor your sister. Thank you for sharing her with us and know we are all thinking of you during these difficult days. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today was my brothers birthday also he would have been 73. it has been I51 years since he got his wings and I miss him still. Prayers for you. I love your patterns thank you for sharing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful bouquet for your sister. Thanks for sharing. My heart goes out to you .

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a beautiful tribute to Amy, Melisa. She sounds like a wonderful person. What a wonderful way to remember her with a balloon release by the family! I bet she was looking down at y'all and smiling bigly!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tribute to your sister. Thank you for sharing both the stories and the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely tribute for your sister, sending you prayers and blessings for you and your family.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry for your loss...you're a beautiful loving sister ❤

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you sometimes think about your sister sharing her laughter and antics with the other angels? Sounds like she was a true gem! Your cross stitch bouquet for her is a wonderful tribute!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  22. My heart always tears up when you talk about Amy. I can tell how loved she is and will be always. The new design is lovely. I know that I am not likely to stitch it, but I'm saving it in case I change my mind about XS. You don't have ... I think they call them fractals? fractionals? Part stitches, anyway, and that's a help. Thank you for sharing your sister, and your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank you for creating a beautiful stitch for your sister and for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tribute to your sweet sister. It’s a beautiful piece of art. ❤️๐Ÿค—

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

What To Do Tuesday