Blog Archive

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Here Comes Beatrice!!! Easter/ Spring Freebie

Good morning, honey bunnies!!!! 

Well the sweetest bunny in the neighborhood is back!!!

 It is little Beatrice in her darling turquoise dress and peach bloomers!!!! Is she not a cutie patootie? !!! 

 Last year I shared Beatrice Bunny  with a handful of carrots along with her two sweet  sidekicks- The Chicks . 

Beatrice Bunny

      🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

This year she is hauling carrots in her little brown wagon.  If you are hungry, I am sure she would share a carrot with you.  Looks like it has been quite a harvest! 

Beatrice Bunny's Carrot Haul uses many of the colors as last year's stitch which includes DMC 921, 355, 356, White, 3821, 3346, 3781, 3371, 434, 223, and 597 . One thing that I did NOT chart is that I back stitched a rim line on the wagon with 3371.  You may want to write that in the instructions for reference. 


This is a small measuring just 35 x 35 and on 14 count aida that would bring it to about 2 1/2" square. 

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

If you are interested in stitching Beatrice Bunny's Carrot Haul  ,grab the images below. Many of ya'll know but I always encourage you to read my little disclaimer and note about getting my charts. 

NOTE: Normally I have been able to create links to the charts and instructions which were in JPG form. For some reason, recent updates on Google Docs. has prevented me from doing that and I am not able to create a pdf without having to deal with storage issues.  Many dear stitchers say they right click, save the image and then print.  I think some have copied and pasted it to a Word document that they can print off as well. I hope you are able to find a way to enjoy this chart. You will have to click each page to save. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and for all of the helpful tips and ideas. 

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding . I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs.



🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

 Would you like to hear more about my finish?  I have said it time and time again that I struggle with finishing , but I do try. πŸ˜ƒ

All of the finishing pieces were in my stash , but I believe most came from the Dollar Tree.

I finished Beatrice as a simple flat  using scrap cardboard pieces and batting. The background square was covered in blue gingham fabric and measures about 3 1/2" square.  I added a small wooden dowel that I found in my junk drawer; I just simply hot glued it to the back of the stitch.  A jute twine bow  added to the dowel finished up the stitched piece. 

 The small wooden  Dollar Tree crate was in the craft section  and was   unfinished. I painted it white.  I wrapped a strip of fabric around the middle of the crate.

  Inside the crate, I placed some paper crinkles  and filled it with carrots from the Dollar Tree; some of the carrots are were once filled with candy. 

The little chick is one of my grandbabies, but nestled in the crate who would know but you and me  that it was a windup toy - again from the Dollar Tree .   

Next to the finish I found a chocolate bunny container that either came from Dollar Tree or Walmart, I used a strip of fabric and gave the bunny a bow and Wah Lah!!! My Beatrice is finished. 

Beatrice loves carrots and  clothespin carrots  would be awfully cute to display with her. I shared how I made mine last year so if you are interested click on the colored text for all of the carrot fun. 


 Ok ya'll I am going to hop onto another project. I still have another bunny brewing on my mine so I better hippity hop on down bunny lane!!!  

Easter is on its way... Just  15 more days until we see Peter Cottontail or maybe it will be his girlfriend Beatrice.πŸ˜€!!!! 

NOTE OOOPS- CORRECTION. If any of ya'll have copied A Basket of Honeysuckle freebie. I made a mistake in the directions. Please refer back to the post so that you can correct it on your instruction page. I do apologize. 

22 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. I love Beatrice. I was wondering if you have decorated your tree yet for easter or spring, it gives me inspiration and I always look forward to it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah I can not tell you how much that means to me. Thank you so much for asking about my tree. I will certainly have to post a photo of it. Normally it is one of the first things I decorate , but this year it has been the last. Lol. I will try to post a photo this week. You just made my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Beatrice is a cutie, Melisa! Thanks for sharing the how of finishing her. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. She is a fun bunny to work on ; she looks sorta sassy but girly which I love. Lol. I hope you have a very lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Awww, Beatrice is so cute!! I loved hearing about how you finished the scene too. Headed over to check out the clothespin carrots - they are really cute! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Brenda. Thank you so much. She was a fun little gal to work on and the finish is one that I truly enjoyed. I always struggle with finishing ideas. Lol. Happy Sunday

      Delete
  4. Ooooh! Another lovable design of Beatrice, I had already loved the first one, this one as well. I also loved your clothespin carrots! I will have to hurry with my stitching! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you kindly, dear Diana. She was such a fun gal to stitch and she is a joy to share as well. I sure hope you enjoy her. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. Lovely desing, Melisa!
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Isabel. I hope you have a very lovely week.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful patterns and I love the clothes pin carrots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thank you so much, Ruth. Those clothespin carrots were a hoot to make. I need to make some more. Have a great week.

      Delete
  7. Love all your cute designs! Looking forward to making some for my dough bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so honored, Carrie. I sure do hope that you enjoy them . It truly means so much to me that you stopped by for a visit and that you enjoy my humble creations. I wish you the most blessed day.

      Delete
  8. She's so cute. I love that you make things in a series. I'm one of those binge readers/binge watchers and apparently, binge sewers/quilters/crafters! LOL You have such a great imagination for creating a setting for your little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Susan. I like series and themes too. I have the tendency to decorate that way so I like to make things that fit nicely with what I have. Happy quilting , my dear. Hugs

      Delete
  9. Thank you for the sweet new Bunny stitch! Beatrice is adorable. I appreciate the correction on your Honeysuckle pattern. That is a beautiful stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Ginny. Beatrice was a quick stitch and I really enjoyed finishing her as well. It is nice when I have an idea already for the finish which rarely happens . Lol. Hugs

      Delete
  10. Aww... such a cutie, Melisa! I just love your little bunny designs :) Thank you and have a wonderful day ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thank you so much, Carol. She was a delightful girly bunny to work on. Happy stitching. 

      Delete
  11. Beatrice is adorable, Melisa! Your finishing looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Jeanna. She was a fun gal to work on and a delight to finish as well. Happy stitching.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday