Saturday, February 24, 2024

She's My Cherry Pie- Hutch Tour

And a very cheery day to you, sweet Friends. Please, please  do come in and join me in the kitchen.  May I offer you something sweet ? Perhaps  a slice of cherry pie?   Aaah come on. I won't tell?  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜‹

This is a new recipe to me recipe called Cherry Cream Cheese Pie which  uses Cherry Pie Filling. I bought the Walmart Great Value brand of Cherry Pie Filling - Oh , bother not many cherries in it, but a whole lot of gelatin . I still have some tweaking to do on this recipe before I share it, plus I need to find another pie filling , but it is still yummy!   

Speaking of cherry pie... my hutch is filled to the brim with  cherry pie goodness. 

Yep! You guessed it ! It is another Country Clutter episode. It has been a blue moon since I have showed "the clutter". πŸ˜€ I would be quite honored if you joined me in taking a "gander" . 

                                                                                

 I went to town pulling all things "red and cherry" related for this month's hutch display . I  sprinkled in a little bit of vintage and a smidgen of  "Love"as well.  Do you think I could squeeze one more thing on the hutch? πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺ

 The top of the hutch always stays the same with the Campbell's soup tin and Coca Cola crates.I did add my Mrs. Buttersworth syrup container that mom painted in 1979. She is so cute in her red dress and apron.  Do you remember these?

 The other day  at the thrift shop I saw several Mrs. Buttersworth syrup containers sporting  fabric aprons . I almost bought one, but I refrained. 

A few cherry plates serve as a backdrop on the top shelf. In fact, I found the white plates while on vacation this winter in Oracle,  Arizona at the Dollar General for a dollar a piece.  They were the inspiration for the hutch. 

On the compote is a red Pyrex bowl with And Love Grows tucked inside along with a string of beads.

 I shared  And Love Grows  a couple of years ago. 

 The vintage spatula holds a couple of salt and pepper shakers.  The Little Heart quilt was a freebie from Temecula Quilt Company. Isn't is as sweet as cherry pie? I do need to make another one of these.❤❤❤  

If you go cherry picking you have to have a colander to wash the cherries in. πŸ’ This wee little colander was just what I needed. In it is a darling white dish cloth knitted by my sweet friend, Patricia.  I also included a "Love " pin pillow that I stitched years ago.

Do you like Cherry Cola? I used to love it as a kiddo!   I did not have a vintage Cherry Coca Cola bottle so I just added an old commemorative bottle to the mix.

 In the corner is the old canister  that I bought at the thrift store a few months ago; I will use it any chance I get.  

Not satisfied with just decorating the shelves, I added a few tacks to the sides of the hutch and added more clutter.

  A clutterbug has got to do what a clutterbug has to do! Hee! Hee! πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜€ A small basket of eggs and a sifter hangs from one side of the hutch. 

On the other side of the hutch is the sweet little chicken stitch that I found on Pinterest . Do you know who the designer is?  I have it pinned on my Pinterest page. "Do Everything with Love " is a freebie from Silver Creek Samplers that they shared last year. 

Shall we hop on down to the 2nd shelf?  

I left my vintage red, green and white doilies out from Christmas. It is nice to be able to use them again. The cherry pot holder is a treasure that I have had for years.  I would love to be able to create pieces like these, but alas I never acquired that skill. 

A small quilt is rolled and tucked into Granny's old red enamelware coffee pitchers . There is no telling how old these are. Below them is a little creamer gifted to me by my sis.

 A little ceramic pie sits on my wee wire pie stand.  "Love" from Vicki at Stitchy McFloss is gingerly placed in an old cherry drinking glass. Vicki posted this lovely freebie on Feb. 9, 2022.  It was such a joy to stitch. 

While vacationing in AZ , I purchased one of the vintage muffin tins, so they had to be on display to enjoy along with an old rolling pin and wire whisk.   Is this little chef salt shaker not the cutest?

Shimmying on down to the bottom shelf. 

Ewe Have My Heart- 1869 Crock is perched high on a vintage Fire King mug . It is just one of my stitches in the "crock series" There are more "crock stitches " brewing in my mind. 

Years ago I created this little cherry pie pin cushion using wool, felt and an old sweater.  It fits perfectly with all of the cherry items, Don't you think? 

 Lots of little rolling pins in the 2nd Fire King mug.  

Beneath all of this clutter is  a simple quilt made of red and pink strips. 

Did you notice the cherry border?   I just adore food fabric. 

Many of y'all know I have a "thing" for chickens. One of my favorite "Valentine chicken stitches " is a freebie from Stitching with the Housewives called "A Little Chicken Love" which Priscilla  shared on March 20, 2020 on her blog. Aren't those yardbirds the cutest? 

Finally, the vintage scale was loaded down with knitted and crocheted pot holders, bowls, a sifter of cherries and lots of down home stitchy goodness.  

"Love is Kind " is a freebie from Cathy at Hands on Design.  Every year Cathy shares a "love token".   "Love" is a freebie from The Stitcherhood.  " I Heart U " is a freebie from iStitch Designs and finally the fourth little stitch is just a  simple pin pillow with wee  hearts. 

Wheew!  Are your eyes crossed? πŸ₯΄That was a lot of stuff to see wasn't it?  I know it is not for everyone, but  the country clutter makes my heart go thumpity thump!  So tell me do you think I pulled off the Cherry Pie theme. 

Soon all of this will be put away and another display will replace it. Usually I decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but I may just go straight to Easter. What do you think I should do? 

Y'all have a "cherry on top kind of  day" and thank you for the super sweet visit!

RANDOM QUESTION: Do you have any suggestion for other crock designs? 

I want to thank you all for all of the Mini Sampler ideas . You certainly helped spark my imagination. πŸ€—

As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, y'all

Melisa

"Life is not a bowl of cherries. It's a cherry tree!"

Hugs and Stitches !!!πŸ€—❤🧡

Dedicated to my dear loving sister Amy . I love and miss you. 


16 comments:

  1. Love your hutch tours! You still need to show us your storage of all your hutch items! ;-) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your recipe! I love traditional tart cherry pie, but those cherry cream pies are favorites too. Like you, I have found that Wally's fruit fillings are mostly gel, which is a shame since the "big brands" cost so much more. Love all your cherry display, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tour to view this AM! I think you need a cherry crock design along with a mini cherry sampler. Your pie at the top of you post looks similar to one my Mom made when we were growing up except she topped it with blueberries. I prefer the cherries though. Have a wonderful weekend, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hutch tour!! That cherry pie looks awesome. My grandson loves cherry pies. When you share this recipe I will need to make it for him! Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Cherry Pie hutch tour was lots of fun, Melisa! I love red, so enjoyed seeing all of the different red things you have collected. That red and pink mini quilt is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love your hutch tours. Nothing is ever too much if it makes your heart sing. I wish I had ideas for crock designs but I have one more for your mini samplers. A patriotic mini sampler with a mini flag would be fabulous. DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gladly take a piece of this delicious cherry pie, Melisa!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your red--and that hutch decorating--
    Humm--whether to decorate for St Patty's day or go straight to Easter--is a really hard decision--me I believe I am going straight into Easter--don't really have much for St Pattys any ways and with Easter so early--but first I have to wait on workmen--to repair part of the wall by my window there the window leaked and went under the paint and blistered the paint and plaster--it will be a big mess when they do do it--I was hoping they would do it before March first--but now they say March--grrrr!!! Good news is I finished this months heart of the month last night--will be in the blog post tomorrow--at least that is the plan!!!
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see more of your beautiful treasures on display.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melisa, loved checking out your Cherry Pie Hutch Tour. You always have such fun goodies to enjoy. I really loved the little quilt made with the red and pink fabric—so stinkin cute. Thank you for sharing it all with us. I want you to know, I think you are AWESOME. ❤️πŸ€—πŸ©·

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tour! I’m new here and I’m so happy to read your posts. Thank you πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an inspired display! There was no doubt the holiday being celebrated. You find the coolest things! Those plates from Doller General are perfect. Unfortunately, we don't have them here. I love the heart muffin tin! I need one of those, too. Plus, all the links to get all the cute stitches. You are so nice to us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew! So much eye candy! Your hutch tours are always so inspiring, just full of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember those Mrs. Butterworth bottles, and I remember the trend of painting them! Haven't thought of that in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such fun thrift finds in your hutch. Lots of cherry red to brighten the mood for the last few weeks of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hutch is always a feast for the eyes, Melisa! Really love the red cherry theme on this one. And that pie--yes, please :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

On a Mission!