Thursday, February 29, 2024

Hopping on the Bunny Cart

A hoppy good day to you, sweet friends!!!   

It's official! I have gone bunny crazy!!!

 A glimpse of Waxing Moon's "Spring Trio", The Hopper House   and  Love Grows Here

  I have been itching to pull out spring decor and when I saw so many have started to decorate for spring and Easter , of course I had to jump on the bunny cart.  🐇🐰

With Thy Needle and Thread "Bunny & Co."  and  my 1869 Bunny Hop

Today I wanted to show you the cutest craft that  uses this Dollar Tree bunny. 

This sweet gal is cute as can be, but I am going to prim her up.

Lisa of Our Shabby Cottage posted this Spring craft along with other crafts on her  Youtube channel a couple of weeks ago, and I immediately became quite smitten. Using hot glue, fabrics, buttons, and lace,  I  swept up my little bunny and went to town   using Lisa's tutorial.  Soon my little bunny whom I named Flo,  received her bunny makeover .

The bunny looks quite different after her makeover. 

 Flo might not be as fancy or as cute as Lisa's bunny, but I sure enjoyed working on her.  If you are interested in watching the video  the bunny craft starts at 16.56 minutes. 

I added blush to Flo's cheeks. The whites of her eyes is scraps of cross stitch aida.

I also have a new Bunny Mini Sampler

 The other day I posted the Mini Tulip Sampler . I was so excited to  hear all of the ideas that many of you sent me for more minis. Thank you for the giving me so many fabulous suggestions and for the inspiration. So more minis will be on the way. 🤗

The little mini samplers have a lower case alphabet and a small motif. I try to keep them around the same size which is small. I am making mine into wee pin pillows to put into a dough bowl.

 I use yarn that I have in my stash as trim. I just twist it and whip stitch it to the seam around the pillow. 

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷





On Tuesday , I completed this little Prairie Schooler mini. Another sweet rabbit to add to my Easter collection . I used my own floss colors which I had on hand which included DMC 898, 937, 221, 3371. 

Prairie Schooler mini finished as an ornament. 


Miss Flopsy 

Today is Embroidery Thursday. 


I am not working on a bunny stitch, but I am working on a prim spring stitchery called Spring Checklist.  I coffee dyed some cotton fabric to embroidery this little piece on. The fabric is very grungy looking. Don't you think?


A new Spring stitchery is going in the hoop. 


If you would like to stitch it , please grab the image and use for your stitching pleasure. 


 A little doodle just for you.   My doodles are hand drawn and never perfect. ❤

UPDATE: March 11, 2024. I finished piecing Spring Checklist and posted the measurements in the March 11, 2024 post.
Do you see the  empty bird's nest in the burning bush? Perhaps a birdie will move into it soon. 


I guess we better get hopping . I know you have places to go and things to do. 
A new bunny is in the works. 

 As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, y'all

Melisa

You are some bunny special!!!❤❤❤🐰🐰🐰

Hugs and Stitches !!!🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear loving sister Amy . I love and miss you with all my heart, Amo!.❤🦋 ❤🦋 

Grandpa's little bench is "Bunny Central". 
Spring  is a freebie I posted last year in the March, 20, 2023 post. 


If you have the chance, pop back in after 12:00 pm, I will be posting a Spring/ Easter Parade of past stitches. 





16 comments:

  1. Oh Melisa the bunny sampler is so cute. Bunnies are one of my most favorite things to decorate with. I have some I leave out all year. I plan on printing this out and start stitching it right away. Can't wait to see your bunny parade after work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Little Penpen) I love what you did to make Flo your bunny! So cute! Another cute stitch for us, too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bunny is darling! Sure wish my Dollar Tree carried something like that! Of course, if I made one, the grands would fight over who gets it. That would mean I'd have to make at least 4. LOL! Thank you for your new embroidery patterns - really cute! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet bunnies! If my mother-in-law was alive, I'd make her one of your bunny cross stitch pieces. She was a bunny/rabbit collector of dishes, boxes, stitched pieces - you name it, she had it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunny make over, very cute. Lots of beautiful things to stitch. I may have to see if I have any cross stitch cloth in my stash, it's getting hard to resist the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have known that I'm just about finished with the Mini Tulip sampler and will need something new to stitch on, Melisa! Love this new bunny one. But first I might need to stitch something for St. Patrick's Day. It will be a tough choice! Thanks for all the fun ideas to keep us creating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flo looks fabulous. So adorable! Your Mini Bunny Sampler is darling. Well done, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bunny sampler is just as cute as can be. Flo sure got gussied up. She's ready for the Spring Fling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again,
    Oh wow, that is so nice of you to post the SPRING freebie again! Thank you for telling me/us about the saltbox houses, that is so interesting!
    And now you are busy working on Bunnies, wow, do you have enough hours in the day, guess not....
    I am going to make a mug of tea, both to drink as well as to dye my stiching cloth a bit darker so the white bits/bunny tail show up nicely! thanks again, and happy stitching! Nicoline

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much Spring goodness! I love the S-P-R-🐇-N-G stitch! It is one of my favorites. Plus, a new doodle AND bunny sampler! You are too good! Flo looks so pretty with her new eyes and fashion accents. I really need to get my sampler done and framed. Can't wait to see what the blue dress becomes. Thank you so much, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bunny is so cute, Melisa--thank you for the link to the tutorial, too! Love your latest little spring sampler, too--thank you! I think my bunnies are going to be hopping out this weekend--can't wait to see them again :) Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Dollar Tree bunny is adorable, Melisa! Thanks for the new sticheries!! Have a great rest of your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melisa, Flo is stinkin adorable. She turned out so cute. Love your embroidery doodle also. Going to check out your other post. I’m almost finished with Spring and then tulip mini sampler is next. You have a great day 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for posting the Spring pattern. How gracious of you to respond so quickly. Flo is very cute and fits right in with your Spring theme. I’m loving the mini samplers and the bunny sampler is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Melisa. Would you mind telling me what colors of floss you used for the bunny and tulip samplers. I am not good at picking out colors. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Whatcha Ma' Call It Block