Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Lemon Squeezy


Good afternoon, sweet friends. 

I finished another block in my  Summer Days Quilt- a big ole pitcher of refreshing  Lemonade.  Ooh it is making me dream of summer already! 

 I will be moving my hoop to the next block soon. 
How do you like your lemonade?  Super sweet or "pucker your mouth tart"?  I like mine sweeeet! 

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋
HOMEMADE LEMONADE
Yields about 10 - 8 ounce glasses
INGREDIENTS:
1  3/4 cups of  white sugar
1 cup of water
8-9 lemons
7 cups of ice cold water
ice as needed
DIRECTIONS
1. Combine sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Stir  allowing sugar to dissolve as the mixture comes to a boil. Set aside and let cool. 
2. Roll lemons on counter to soften. Cut in half and squeeze lemon juice into a measuring cup. Add pulp but discard seeds. You need about 1 1/2 cups of juice. 
3. Pour 7 cups of ice cold water into pitcher, add juice and simple syrup to taste. Add ice. 
4. If it is too sweet add more lemon juice. 
Fresh lemonade can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 to 7 days. 

🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

Here is a little Lemon doodle just for you. 

If you have questions or need any tips on printing  my chart/ doodle click the colored text . 




Now onto the plans for the week. 

LAST WEEK'S GOALS

✅1. Quilt a block in the Summer Days Quilt

✅2. Quilt on the Easter Quilt 

✅3. Work on a new crock cross stitch


A new crock in the works. 

✅4. Work Joy's Spring SAL from Days Filled with Joy

✅5. Ballgames and embroidery

6. Work on Basket Quilt



Woo Hoo! 100%!!!!  I am on a roll. Happy Dance Time !!!!💃💃💃

 

THIS WEEK'S GOALS


       1. Quilt a block in the Summer Days Quilt  

2. Quilt on Butterfly Kisses 

      3. Begin a patriotic quilt

         4.Work Joy's Spring SAL from Days Filled with Joy

5. Ballgames . This is the last week. 

Tonight Mr. Pinker and I are headed to the youngest grandbabies ball game.  The little ones are always so entertaining. Some are serious and some play in dirt, but they are all as cute as can be.  I will see you tomorrow with a wordless Wednesday post and later this week, I will have a freebie for you if the Lord is willing and the creek doesn't rise. 🤗 Love ya! 

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Live life with zest!!!🍋🍋🍋🍋💛💛💛

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. Love and miss you, Amo. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

19 comments:

  1. Not sure why I could not log in for the comment. This is Peggy in California. Just wanted to say I love all your bright and cheerful lemony stuff. (Yellow is a favorite color of mine). congratulations on such a super productive week. Best of luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Peggy. I am not sure why blogger can finicky sometimes. Thank you so much for the warm compliment on my small lemon collection. Oh I love yellow too; it always makes me smile. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. What a fun lemon-themed post! I especially love your lemon cups and pitcher--how adorable! I've never tried making homemade lemonade, but plan on giving your recipe a try (if and when it warms up here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Carol. The lemon pitcher and cups were a lucky thrifty find. The weather has been crazy this year. It goes up and down and I do not know how to dress. Lol. I hope it warms up soon in your area. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  3. I love your lemon doodle, Melisa! You know, I might need to stitch it. Thanks for sharing, and have fun at the ball game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diann. I hope to put it on my stitching this weekend as well. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great evening.

      Delete
  4. Good to remember lemonade season! Thanks for the embroidery pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Susan for the sweet afternoon visit. Summer will be upon us soon. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. What a fun post, Melisa! You simply must add a strawberry or two to your lemonade. Strawberry Lemonade is oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I do think strawberries need to be added. Why didn't I think of that? Lol. I like strawberry lemonade even more. Thank you for the sweet visit, Darlene.

      Delete
  6. I love the color yellow and I love lemonade so this work seemed wonderful to me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow is such a happy color. I think I will make the little embroidery into a small summer quilt. It will be a bright addition . Thank you so much , Isabel . Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed all the lemony goodness in this post - very well put together. The embroidery work is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are so very kind. Thank you so much for dropping by for a visit. I hope to finish the cross stitch very soon. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  8. What a cute doodle! Plus, the lemons and red quilt is so sunny and summery! The lemon slice quilting is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Ginny. It took me a few years to finish that quilt. I couldn't decide how to quilt it but I am so happy with it now. It is bright and cheery which is what I love. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Such a cute little doodle, Melisa!! I love lemonade, but it makes me even more thirsty after drinking it! LOL Thanks in advance for linking up with MM. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. You are so sweet. I love lemonade too, but like you I drink it in moderation. I wonder if it is the citrus that makes you even thirstier. Hmm. I am going to have to notice that the next time I drink it. Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Mother's Day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Hi Melisa. Just look at you go with all the check marks on your list! Well done. Love all the lemony goodness in this post. Makes me think I need to make some lemonade now that you’ve shared a good recipe. thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour