Thursday, June 16, 2022

Amy's Pinkeep - A Special Freebie

Good morning, sweet friends . Welcome. 

Forty years ago this month, I  along with my sister and brother were anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new sibling.  All the family members had made bets on what the new baby would be. Would it have a head full of hair or mere whisps? Blue or Brown Eyes? How much would it weigh? All of our guesses were written down to see who would come the closest in respect to our guesses. Dad thought for sure he would have another boy, but I just knew I would have a baby sister.

 Soon the day arrived and my baby sister arrived .  It was not until a couple of days later that I laid eyes on my little sis.   I immediately  wanted to reach out ,  grab her and smother her with kisses. She had a head full of  brown hair . So sweet and tiny as all babies are. Mom had dressed her in a little pink dress with socks that were too big for those teeny feet. Mom and Dad named her Amy.  

From the very minute she was born, she was a spit fire. Papa soon settled on his nickname for  her-  Flaming!  or Flaming Amy which was so appropriate.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ”ฅ   As she grew up, I always thought she was a whole lot of country with a little rock and roll.She loved to hunt , fish , go junkin , but was very feminine at the same time. She is such a beauty. 

Today I will be working on a very special stitch that I designed for my baby sis who gained her angel wings almost 10 months ago . I love and miss her so much.  

This piece is called Amy's Pinkeep. A simple basket  filled with blooms. I think Amo would approve. As I stitch and make progress, I will certainly share photos.   I really should not call this a pinkeep though- it is rather large. 

This stitch only has four floss colors. I am using DMC 902, 782,730 and 844. 

                 

If you would like to add this humble stitch to your stitch list, I would be deeply honored. Just check out the links to the jpg below. 

Click here for the Instruction page. 

Click here for the Colored Chart jpg.



Click here for the Black / White Chart. jpg



Yesterday, I shared a few country photos on a Wordless Wednesday post. Many of those photos were taken at Amy's. She loved living out in the country. She had some darling prim gardens . 


                 

I want to thank you for taking the time to visit me today. I also want to thank all of you who have been so kind and supportive of me these last few months with the passing of my sis. Your visits,  words of comfort, prayers and warm thoughts have meant more than mere words can express. You have kept me motivated and I truly appreciate you. Have a beautiful day, my friends. As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Side by side or miles apart; sisters will always be connected by heart!!!

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—❤๐Ÿงต

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy. You will always be in my heart. Love ya' Amo!❤❤❤

7 comments:

  1. So pretty - I would be honored to stitch this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today and always, Melisa. What a lovely design you created in Amy's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be my great pleasure to stitch this in your sister Amy memory. Warm and touching memories today of your sister, know that you will always have her in your heart, so much love was written today. With much love sent to you and the family this day, wishing that I was there to give you a in person hug. Love and hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel the love in your words about your sweet angel sister Amy. I send ((hugs)) your way. You truly brought her to life for all of us in your lovely words that honored her today. I printed your beautiful pattern and even wrote "Flaming Amy" on it. You honor her memory in your words of love and in your beautiful design. Thank you for sharing both with us today. ((hugs)). Blessings to you always sweet dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved hearing about flaming Amy....I can see that she was a special person in your family and I am sure to all those around her. What a great way to remember her spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your sister and your talents with us. She will always be alive in spirit for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful project for a very special person, thanks for sharing a little of flaming Amy with us all. Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday