Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

My Sweet Sister- "I am with you always" - A Gift to You

 Good evening , ya'll. It has been awhile since my last post. I have certainly missed you. First off, I would like to say that I hope you have been well .  I have  had so many sweet stitchers and friends who have checked in on me in my absence. I am so sorry that I have not been able to check in or visit with you all. I  have not even peeked at IG in over a week until today and was so touched by the messages. From the bottom of my heart,  I thank you so much for checking in on me . That truly means the world to me and has helped me more than words can express.  

I as well as my family have been grieving over the unexpected loss of my sweet baby sister, Amy.  She was only 39 and left behind 2 precious sons. 

                       

 She had been on vacation in Florida with her family  when tragically  she suffered a pelvic aneurysm  I had never heard of such.  So our family has  been rallying around the boys  and gathered together  easing each other through the pain. 

Afterward, my father who has been reeling suffered a mini stroke on the week anniversary of our loss. Thankfully, he is fine, and the doctors said it may never happen again. We do feel blessed to have him back home and feeling well . 

 Earlier this past week I went to get some photos developed for Amy when I found this cross at Walmart. It has been of great comfort to me.

 Much inspired, I sat down and drew up a little design of my own with  a portion of Matthew 28:20 on it. 

 I am with you always. 

I placed a little  cross at the bottom of the basket of blooms. The blooms are very similar to the blooms in my Spring Green Saltbox

Amy was the baby of four children so I stitched 4 hearts around the basket along with her initials.  My sister was an amazing woman.  She was a country girl, with a little rock and roll and a lot of glamour. She could change looks and style like nobodies tomorrow. Lol. She was loud , joyful and never knew a stranger. Her and I had the most in common.She loved her family, friends , staying on the go, farming, hunting and fishing. Such a sweetheart.

  I have talked about her thoughout my previous posts but not in name . I have showed you thrifty finds that  she would bring me. Lol she was a thrifaholic  just like me.  I am sure I will share more of her in the future.  

 So in memory of my Amy, I would love to share this little design with you. Though I designed and stitched it as a mourning piece, you could stitch it for inspiration or stitch a portion of it like the basket.

  I have included an alphabet and numbers for personalization and some extra little hearts. I think I will  add a couple more teeny hearts to mine for the boys before fully  finishing it.  My hope is that it will provide you comfort when you are in need . 

If you would like to stitch this piece, I invite to check out the pdfs below as well as my little disclaimer. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the instruction page. 


Click here for the colored chart. 


Click here for the black and white chart. 


Click here for the alphabet chart. 





I hope to get back to visiting with you on IG and blogs soon.  I look forward to seeing what ya'll have been up to for those who post or share. I do have so much that I want to share with you too because I had been stitching a lot before all of this .  I  hope to get back with needle and thread in hand soon. I think Amy would want it that way.   

Thank you again sweet friends for  the visits, kindness and words as well as prayers. You bring me so much joy and I just want you to know that though we may not meet in person or ever meet at all, you mean so much to me. Big hugs and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll

Melisa 

I promise to get back to myself soon . 😀🤗


When someone you love becomes a memory , the memory becomes a treasure. 

Hugs and Stitches! 

This is dedicated to you, Amo.  I love you!!!!  

RIP ,my sweet Amo. ❤💗❤












40 comments:

  1. Melisa, I am saddened to read of the passing of your sweet sister, Amy. How horrible for you all to be going through this impossible time; such a shock; and your dad not well, too♡ Amy sounded like the greatest of ladies. The little cross stitch you did in honour of your sister is lovely. This verse in Mathew is a beautiful hug reminding us that the Lord is always with us, even those dark, impossible times when we walk through the deep valleys. May God wrap his arms around you, Amy's boys, your dad and all your family during this devastating season of life you find yourselves in. Please take care, lovely Melisa♡ Sending you many hugs wrapped in love♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deepest condolences, Melisa. Losing a sibling is a terrible thing. I lost my sister about 2 years ago, also at age 39. The message on the little cross is true, because as long as you treasure your memories of her, she'll always live in your heart. Thank you for sharing this pattern--I think I'll stitch it in my sister's memory. Hugs to you...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry. God bless and keep you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((Melisa,))) I am so sorry to read of your dear sister's (((Amy))) passing. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Keeping you and your family in prayer in the days ahead.😢

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little stitching and I hope it reminds you that she is with you, always. ((hugs)) Sending T&P's as you travel this path in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melisa, I am so sorry to hear of your sister’s death. I had been missing you, but had no idea it was because of such sadness. Your stitchery in Amy’s honor is beautiful. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about Amy, it's so hard to lose a sibling. I'm thankful your dad is better, what a scare! The stitchery is lovely, a beautiful tribute to Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melisa, I am so sorry for your loss. I thought something must be wrong since you hadn't been posting. The stitchery is beautiful. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m so sorry, Melisa. May your sweet memories bring you comfort. Hugs for you and peace for the family ❣️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Melisa, I'm so very sorry to hear of your sudden loss. My condolences to your family. May Amy rest in peace and may your family find comfort in all the cherished memories. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Je suis triste de lire votre billet. Quelle tristesse de perdre votre sœur si jeune. Je vous souhaite beaucoup de courage ainsi qu'à votre famille pour affronter cette épreuve. Je souhaite un bon rétablissement à votre père
    La broderie est très belle et rend très bien l'hommage à votre sœur. Amitiés

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious sister, Amy. Please know that I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even during your time of grief your generous loving spirit shines through. I am very sorry for your loss of your precious sister. She sounds like quite a gal who left you with many memories. I pray these sweet memories bring you comfort. Your Dad as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure her memory will shine through all the thrifty finds she bought for you. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melisa, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved sister. I am relieved to know that your Dad is doing better. You and your family remain in my thoughts and continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry for the loss you have been dealing with. I lost my sweet baby brother in 2014 and it is still with me. Your sister had a blessed life and you will celebrate that each and every day in your thoughts and memories of her. God Bless all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melisa, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet sister. You and your family are in my prayers. 🙏🙏🙏 may you find comfort in precious memories. 🙏❤️🙏♥️

    ReplyDelete
  18. Melisa, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved sister. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I’m glad your Dad has recovered. God Bless all of your family. ❤️🙏❤️

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and send prayers for peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Melisa, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister, my heart is heavy. Sending much love and so many hugs that they last you and your family forever. Thank you so much for your little stitchery in your sister, Amy's memory, it is so sweet. I am the oldest of 4 (all girls) in my family and I would be heartbroken to lose any of them. Happy to hear that your dad is doing well. Treasure your family and your memories, they will be a gift to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. We never truly know how long our time here will be or how our story will unfold, but I hope you find comfort knowing God keeps His hand on us through it all. I will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So So Sorry to hear about the loss of sister. I'm still reeling from the death of those because of a suicide bomber. How sad to lose loved ones so quickly, no chance to gather around and say goodbye. I will pray for God to bless you and your family members with some comfort. I know the memories are bittersweet right now and little things you see, think, feel will make you cry but one day there will be more sweet than bitter in those memories but it takes time and that timing is different for everyone. I'm so glad you put a little note about why you designed this chart on the informational page. So much thought went into the design and I love the cross you found. I'm going to stitch one in memory of my Dad who passed away in 1995 but I'll be thinking of you and your sister too while stitching it up. Thank you for sharing the design and a slice of your personal life. God Bless!!! "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted Matt 5:4

    ReplyDelete
  23. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope time and memories will help you through this time. Your stitched piece is such a beautiful remembrance. I hope it will comfort you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so so sorry for the loss of your dear sister. This design is especially important to me. You see my sweet 35 year old son Keith, died suddenly in January 2020. This saying is so comforting to me. I make a lot of memorial cross stitch pieces. And I will always put up the stocking I stitched for him in 1986. And our loved ones that have passed are always with us. Thank you for sharing this heartfelt design.
    Prayers and hugs. Chris Abrams

    ReplyDelete
  25. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Melisa, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear sister, Amy. Thinking of you and your family, especially Amy's sons. I know you will be there for her sons. She was a beauty and not only your sister, but your dear friend. Hugs to you dear friend. Beth @ems1852

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Melisa. Of all the things I could have in this world, it would be a brother or sister. I’m an only child so I can only imagine the empty place you have in your heart. Please know that I’m thinking about you and that I’m sending a big hug and prayers your way. Take good care of yourself. LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just can't help but cry when I read about your sister, Melisa. She was so, so young and that, plus the fact that it was so sudden, must make it all the harder to bear. I truly feel for her boys, too--just can't imagine losing a mom at such a young age. And then to have to worry about your dear dad on top of everything else. I'm glad he is doing better and, hopefully, there won't be a repeat of the mini-stroke. I just don't understand life sometimes... sigh. Your design is perfect for remembering Amy and I'm sure it will offer others some solace as they stitch it in memory of their own loved ones. Sending you a big hug, my friend. May your memories of happy times you and Amy shared carry you through this sadness. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohhhhh Melissa I am so so sorry to hear of your tragic loss my heart feels for you and your family. The piece you created in her honor is beautiful and thank you so much for sharing your story and your tribute to your sister with us. I hope you all find the comfort you need during your time grief. ((Big Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sending you many comdolqnces and cyber hugs on the loss of your sister, tragically taken so young. You and the whole family will surely miss her.
    Sadly, I also lost my sister last week too, she had been battling the dreaded cancer. Both of us will have many memories of happy family times.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm sorry for your loss, Melisa, and for Amy's sons. She was so young and full of life. Thanks for sharing your grief and your cross stitch response. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am so sorry, Melisa. Having 4 sisters myself I can't imagine the loss you and your entire family are feeling. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Melisa, je rentre de vacances et j'apprends cette triste nouvelle. Je vous adresse mes sincères condoléance ainsi qu'à votre famille. Amy repose en paix...
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry for you loss. Your project is a beautiful in memorium piece.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  35. You and your family are in mine and Grey's thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am so so sorry for your loss. What a rough time - keeping you in my prayers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Melissa, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister, Amy. My condolences to you & your family.
    Thoughts & Prayers 🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm so sorry for your loss! I plan to stitch "I am with you always" in honor of my sweet Mom, who passed quickly of pancreatic cancer in May 2021. Thank you. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is a beautiful stitch in Amy's memory. Thank you for sharing it and your grief. I understand more now about how suddenly she was taken from you, and how painful that was.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday