Sunday, October 3, 2021

So Whatcha Working On?

Happy Slow Stitching Sunday, ya'll. Do you have your project all picked out and ready to work on? I have several things in my workbasket to keep me occupied for the day.  How about you? 

First , off a Halloween stitch. 


Did you know that Pine Needle Quilt Shop is hosting a free Stitch Along for the month of October just like they did last Christmas? 
This one is a Halloween stitch and a design is given each day. It is free all the way up until November 1st ,and then the designs will be available  for purchase.
 So I have began the border and  completed Day 2's design called "Eek".  I will be printing off Day 3's design  here shortly. I can not wait to see what it is. Hope you check them out. 

My 2nd project is a sampler.

 I having been working on a little band sampler for about a week,  and I believe I am a little over half way finished unless I decide to make some changes. 

Yesterday , I worked on this Winter Stitch. I think it will be finished today. 

I have to admit. Little has been going on in respect to the quilting front- but hopefully I will remedy that . 
This week I have worked on some butterfly blocks. I have over a  hundred of these applique pieces that someone gave away to the Goodwill. 
I can not imagine cutting them all out. I was doing a happy dance when I picked up several bags of these butterflies all cut out in vintage fabrics. I will certainly be able to make several quilts in the future.  
Two blocks down and 10 more to go for the quilt I have in mind.

 
I have also been working on the Pennies From Heaven blocks for my sister's quilt.

 Block 2 is complete.  


Block 3 is on the agenda this week. 

What else is on the agenda? Hmmm .  Halloween decorating!!🎃👻👺 I crawled up into the attic last night and tugged and lugged on totes . 
Luckily, Mr. Pinker was able to pull  them on down the stairs. "How many years are you going to be climbing up in the attic? " he asked. "I guess from now on as long as I want to decorate," I said. Lol.  

Other finishes that I have worked on in the last couple weeks have been Autumn's Saltbox and.... 

"Eek! It's a Spider" which I shared yesterday.  Also...


I fully finished my Pumpkins stitch into a little pillow. Little scraps of orange fabrics, ribbon and some big cross stitches finished this little piece into a pillow . 


So tell me what do you have on the agenda for the day.  
Thank you so much for stopping by, ya'll and hope to chat with you later... as always...
Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll
Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts #69

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop-Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant 144   - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday 


Welcome October! May this blessing of change bring you an abundance of joy, love , peace,  good health, and happiness for the month ahead and always.
Hugs and Stitches!!!

Dedicated to my sweet baby sister, Amy. It is hard to believe it has been 6 weeks. Love you. 











22 comments:

  1. As always, your decorations are so cute. Have fun embroidering along on the Halloween stitchery. I love those butterflies! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen. I think the SAL is going to be a fun one. I am enjoying the butterflies too. They whip up pretty quick. Have a great week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  2. What wonderful pieces in your work basket, Melisa! I am interested in the lovely band sampler you are working on. Love little band or marking samplers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I enjoy band samplers too though I haven't stitched that many. I look forward to finishing this one soon. Have a great week, my dear. Hugs

      Delete
  3. I finished up your Fall embroidery design this week! It was so fun - thank you! It looks like you have all kinds of slow stitching to keep busy with, too. I enjoy seeing what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited. Your Fall quilt looked amazing and I am so grateful that you stitched it up. I enjoy a little embroidery work each week. It is a fun break from stitching. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  4. Wow you have been busy! Love your projects and decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Karrin. I try to stay as busy as possible. I have the tendency to go from one project to another throughout the day. I eventually get things done. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. So many projects, you are a busy, busy bee!! Do you think you will ever NOT want to decorate??? I am doing 2 Talavera cross stitch projects and I am itching to go back to my Chatelaine. I have a couple of quilts in various stages, all needing to be finished. I am tired, just thinking about what still needs to be finished, not to mention....Christmas. Hugs to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Mary! It sounds like you have some amazing projects going on. I completely understand on feeling tired of thinking of all the things that need to be done. Lol. We need more time and hands to get everything done. Lol. I do not think I will ever tire of decorating. I have been working on the kitchen today and watching decorating videos. Big hugs

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful projects. I love all the fall ones, especially the salt box. Your Halloween cross stitch along is left looking good. The butterfly blocks are a treasure. How nice that you have rescued and are finishing them. Looking forward to seeing more if the Pennies from Heaven blocks … :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pat for the sweet visit. I have to admit that I have become quite obsessed stitching saltboxes. Lol. I am so excited you are doing the SAL too. I look forward to seeing your progress. Have a great week.

      Delete
  7. You will not be bored this week! I always have a long lost of projects to work on …if something doesn’t get done, it just gets put on the next list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you sound exactly like me. It is fun to have something to pull out and if I am not feeling it then I choose something else. Have a great week, dear and thank you for the sweet visit. Happy quilting

      Delete
  8. I am working on the Pine Needles project too! Did you dye your cloth? It is really a nice rich color! I have 3 cross stitch projects in the works now. :-o Hopefully I will get some stitching in tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah, Sandie! I am so glad to hear you are working on the SAL too. I did dye that fabric. It was a "miss " for another project- I just didn't like it, but I think it will be perfect for this one. Enjoy the SAL and I can not wait to see your progress.

      Delete
  9. So many great projects, and how nicely you have decorated!
    Both the butterfly and the «Pennies from Heaven» blocks are very beautiful!.
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pretty decorations. It reminds me of my neighbor Rita who decked out her house for each holiday and season. It was so fun to look at each time I visited. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much beautiful inspiration for fall decorating!
    I must get your little Fall stitchery done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The butterfly blocks were a great find. You say they were all cut out, did they come with the background fabrics as well. I'm guessing you will be stitching them down and adding the feelers?
    I love looking at all the interesting projects you show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! Have fun decorating for the season ;)
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday