Saturday, October 2, 2021

Eek!!!! A Spider! A Halloween Freebie

            The Spider crawls

            Eight legs and furry,

             Better get out 

              In a hurry!!!

Eek! If I see a spider, you will see me scurry!  How about you? Happy  Saturday, ya'll. Can you believe it is October already ?  There is 29 days till Halloween . Are you going to be getting your spook on?  

Today I thought I would share my first Halloween stitch for the season. Eek! It is spider.   Where I have always pulled out jack o lanterns, black cats, and crows for my  Halloween decor, my sister, Amy always pulled out spiders and webs for her initial Halloween decorating. Not because she loved spiders , but when dad built her house on the farm years ago, the first critter to get in her house was a brown recluse spider! And oh yes she got bit!!! 🕷🕸🕷 It was a nasty bite too. So for Halloween,  the faux spider webs came out first for Amy ; she had a good sense of humor. Lol I can not tell you how much my nieces hated to see her spider decor.  And  over the years , she has rubbed off on me, and l  have even added a few spiders to my Halloween decor now. 😀🕷🎃

 Now let's start out with some advice from a sweet spider named Charolette:

                             ADVICE FROM A SPIDER

                            Make good connections 

                                Be web savvy.  

                            Patience pays off. 

                            Let go of your hang ups. 

                            Show your artistic side. 

                            Do your best. 

                            Don't get strung out! 

I think I can handle that. How about you?  

This is a small stitch measuring 40 x 40 . I stitched mine on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed aida , but I wish I had stitched it on another color- gray,  orange or even green . Any of those would look amazing?  Hmmm. Should I do a restitch? Maybe. 

I used 4 DMC colors. - 310, white, 720 and 470. 

If you would like to add a spider to your Halloween decor, just check out the pdfs below and my little disclaimer. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs.

Click here for the instruction page. 


Click here for the colored chart. 




Click here for the black and white chart. 


Speaking of spiders. I thought I would share my little quilt I created years ago for my girls. I simply took a green piece of fabric and added a spider borders. I then took a heavy thread and created a spider web. Easy peasy. The final step was to add glow in the dark spider rings to it. It is always fun to hang up at Halloween time. 

Have a fabulous weekend, my friends and watch out for spiders!!! As always...

Happy Stitching, ya'll, 

Melisa

When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! 

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. Love ya. 









8 comments:

  1. I love your design and the little pillow. Your fussy cutting of the spider web is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiders do not cause me any issues.... snakes on the other hand.....! Love, love love your green spider quilt. That little spider stitchery is quite cute as well.... it would look great on a colored backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute (??) spider stitch to add to my decorations for Halloween. I really like your green spider quilt. Things do not have to be complicated to be memorable. On to some stitching that needs to be finished. Have a great weekend, sending hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have to hook that spider. So cute and I love your story about Amy and the spider…..except that she is bitten!!’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you once again for a cute freebie. I love bats, spiders and bugs as long as they're stitched and not in my house. I love everything fall too, especially pumpkins but I leave the faces off and anything halloweenie because I just want to decorate for fall. I can leave most out all Oct and November then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci pour ce nouveau motif. Je déteste les araignées, mais celle-là ne me fait pas peur et je ne la chasserais pas...
    Amitiés de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! I haven't jumped into cross stitch yet, but am now collecting supplies. I want to do some tiny Halloween projects for next year, and this is perfect!
    Thank you for your generosity in sharing your creations, and I enjoy perusing your home vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, but I love spiders! They eat so many other insects. Same reason I love bats. I especially like Daddy Long Legs, as they eat pounds and pounds of bugs and stay up in corners out of my way. We co-exist happily. I wouldn't like to be bitten by a Black Widow or a Brown Recluse, but I had a tarantula in my classroom for several years, and the students loved him ... he was always more active at school than at home in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour