Monday, January 11, 2021

I am Dreaming of a Pink Snowman.

Happy , happy Monday. Did you have a fantastic weekend? I sure hope so. Hubby and I went on our first camping trip for the year. So I was over the moon. Now it was pretty cold , but I was as snug as a bug in a rug in the camper with two heaters going. I took a couple of quilt books , some quilts, and some stitching to pass the days away as hubby fished. I also day dreamed of new projects to start. 
So today, fabrics were pulled.  
Strips of fabric were cut. 

But the sewing has not commenced . That will be saved for tomorrow, but I have an  idea swirling  in my head, and hopefully it will all pull together. 

I have been dreaming of a Pink Snowman!. I really have been . That is how this little quilt came about. I  completed the quilting on my Valentine Snowman Quilt last week .  I am going to call him Vinny - Vinny Valentine.  Oh, how  he makes me smile. Everybody needs a pink snowman. Right?
The binding was put on today with red, white and pink ticking looking fabric. 

None of the scraps were measured when making this snowman. It was a fun make do project. Had to put the puppy fabric on the snowman. Lol. It is different. 

So where is Vinny Valentine going to be displayed? In the foyer on a wreath on the door.  Doors are  favorite spots for me  to display quilts. I have to have something on the door. No naked doors for me.  Or maybe I am using that as an excuse to make another quilt.   The wreath is an old Christmas wreath with white ribbon wrapped around it. An old chalkboard is placed in the center. 

The foyer is a hall of snowmen right now. I hope to post more on that this week. 
Of course the other two doors sport wreaths with snowmen quilts too. Hmmm I think I need to start planning next year's door snowman quilt. 
 

Are you doing any winter quilting?  I would love to hear about your projects. Well hopping off to go do a little stitching. Have a fabulous week with lots of quilting and stitching. And as always...

Happy Quilting

Melisa

I'm linking up with following link parties. Check out these blogs to see some fantastic quilting and take a stroll through the links-
Kate at  Life in Pieces  - 15 Minutes to Stitch 2021 
I was able to get more than 15 minutes in each day. Even when I was riding down the road. Making our way back from the camping trip
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for  Monday Making
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh, Scrap
Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Angela at So Scrappy for So Scrap Happy Pink Progress
Thank you ladies for hosting these wonderful link parties. 

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice camping outing. Your pink snowman is very cozy and he's ready for Valentines day. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was a great camping trip. The only thing that would have made it better was to be able to visit a quilt shop. Lol. Thank you so much for your sweetness, Gretchen and have a wonderful rest of the week. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  2. Your pink snowman named Vinny is adorable. No quilting here, but lots of stitching. Glad you had a good time camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Robin. It was so nice to get away for a spell. I am hoping we will get back on track with our camping trips this year. Vinny was a delight to work on. Enjoy your stitching. Hugs,

      Delete
  3. I am working on unfinished cross stitch and I got 3 patterns completed. Learned from you from MommaMG thank you for all the free patterns and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so grateful and glad that you visited me and thank you so much for telling me who shouted me out. That is the sweetest. It sounds like you are staying very busy which is always a good thing. And well done on getting some stitches completed. I hope to get some finished soon. Enjoy your stitching and have a lovely rest of the week. hugs

      Delete
  4. No words melisa no words could ever Express the talent you have amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Patience. You are the sweetest and I feel very honored because you are an amazing needlewoker Patience. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. The pink snowman is pretty fun. Looking forward to seeing how your red fabric pulls all come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kate. I so appreciate your visit. I have been thinking of a heart quilt for my red fabrics. Hoping to work on it more this week. Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I never would have thought of a pink snowman but Vinny is adorable! I hope your husband had as good a time fishing as you did sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Susie. I would have never thought of a pink snowmen except in my dreams . Lol. Hubby did good at fishing and qualified in the tournament. So I think we both had an awesome time. Have an awesome week.

      Delete
  7. Melisa,
    Love that you hang wreaths on your inside doors like I do...And what a great idea to hang quilts from them..That pink snow man is just darling!!! Love it!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Debbie. Hubby hates the wreaths on the door, but I got to use every space available. Lol. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Way too cold to camp here, but good for sewing! ( Alberta, Canada). Just love all those snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr. I bet that it is freezing up there. But I agree cold weather is great sewing weather. Thank you so much, Deb. Have an awesome week.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday