Sunday, January 24, 2021

Playing with Nine Patches

  Happy Sunday, dear friends. My mind has been whirling and twirling with quilts .

This  colorful little quilt stack  got me in the mood to play with color. 
I pulled out a basket of yardage for a small quilt that is calling for me. 
I began cutting strips. 
Laid out some blocks. The squares were 2 /12"  and the strips 2 1/2" x 6 1/2".
Soon I had these blocks all stitched. I had a fabulous piecing day and most of the seams met. 
Seven blocks were created . They will now be paired with some appliqued blocks. Next up to prep those blocks. That will be happening this week. 
I loved the color in these blocks so I went back to the basket and started to cut more squares for another quilt .Hope to share that soon. 

I have been participating in Angela's of So Scrappy Pink Saturday link. Each week I have been working on a little pink project. These week  I created 2 log cabin blocks from scraps. 

Hmm. I do not know what I will do with them. I think I need more. 

The quilt book that I am all into this week is Patchwork & Quilting- Fabulous Country Style Quilts which was published in 1999 by Craftworld Books. There are several quilts that I am drawn to including the strawberry quilt on the cover. 


 This book has 20 projects and includes several pages of lovely quilting vignettes.
This heart quilt would be perfect for Valentine's. 

And I am really loving this chicken quilt. I can imagine it in my kitchen above my country bench. 

This is the quilt that usually hangs over the bench.  Love my country clutter. Lol

Those are my quilt ventures for the week. I do not feel like I was very productive, but I think this upcoming week is going to be a good one. Have a scraptastic week and Happy Quilting, ya'll. 
Melisa 
 I am joining these fabulous ladies in their link parties. I hope you will pop over and see what they are up to as well as other quilters. I have had so much fun discovering new blogs and seeing a variety of projects. 
Sarah at Confessions of Fabric Addict for Can I get a Whoop Whoop
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday 
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Thank you ladies for hosting these wonderful link parties. 







22 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how creative each week is for you, Melisa! Whether it is quilting, stitching, designing, decorating, you are one creative and talented maker :) Love the pink quilt blocks--I know you'll come up with something darling soon! Happy Sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Carol. You are so kind. To be honest at times I feel as though I am spinning my wheels. I have so many things that I like to do ,and it is definitely challenging to juggle a lot of crafts but a lot of fun. Happy Sunday.

      Delete
  2. What a fun and cute quilt you were inspired to make from that colorful yardage. The pink log cabins are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deb. I am really into these colors and am so excited to get to the applique portion. Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Great projects! Those books look like something I would like. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting, Karrin. It was fun to look back through this book and get ideas. I love the country quilts. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 9 patch blocks are very cute, and so are those log cabin blocks. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen for visiting and leaving a sweet comment. I look forward to working on the applique blocks to go with the nine patches this week. Happy quilting

      Delete
  6. The patterned background fabric for your 9 patch sets it above the usual 9 patch. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marti. I was so excited to play with those colors. I am drawn to simple nine patches. It is so fun to see how different they can look. Have a wonderful week and thank you for visiting. Happy quilting

      Delete
  7. Oh Melisa, I really like your nine patch blocks. What fun fabrics you used for them! Your log cabin scrappy blocks are lovely, even in pink. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAh thank you so much, Robin. I can not wait to get the nine patch quilt completed. I am adding some applique blocks with them. Lol I do not know what I will do with the log cabin blocks yet. Fun to use up scraps though. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Great nine patch blocks -- I've never thought to make a block that way but I do have lots of fabric I could use. Hum... maybe another day I've got too many projects going now. Are the blocks ending up 10" finished? Hopefully we'll see more next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie. Thank you so much for leaving such a kind comment. I am having a ball with the nine patches and are working on the applique blocks now. They are 10" blocks. I only had a limited amount of white fabric so I had to measure carefully. Lol. I hear you on projects. Lots in the works but having fun. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed seeing your blocks come together. I especially love log cabin blocks, and the pinks are so soft and pretty. Found your blog thru the Oh Scrap - Quilting is more fun than Housework link up.
    Mary / https://stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com//

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary for visiting. I had a good quilting week and hope this one will be the same. I hope to work on applique blocks. Your blog is so lovely. I look forward to seeing future posts. Happy quilting

      Delete
  10. Oh, j'adore vos carrés de toutes les couleurs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much for you sweet comment and visit. I feel in love with these fabrics; my only regrets is I did not get more yardage. I can look forward to working on this quilt more though. I hope you have a lovely week .

      Delete
  11. Isn't playing with pretty fabrics the best fun. Love all the blocks you have imagined. Love too, the results of all your imaginative play. Each block is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kim.I agree- I could play with fabrics all day long and be in heaven. Lol I so appreciate you visiting and leaving such a kind comment. Have a beautiful week.

      Delete
  12. I get so inspired seeing your projects come to life! I’m a big country quilting fan (big country everything fan!) so I found a copy of the book and have ordered it. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so touched by your kind words and so glad I enabled you on a purchase. Lol. The book has a lot of cute projects in it. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for leaving such a sweet comment. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday