Sunday, January 3, 2021

Quilt Happenings


Brrr! It has been so cold. It got down in the teens earlier this week. To be honest, it is not my kind of weather. I am more of a summer/ heat kind of gal, but I sure do like quilting and stitching during the winter time especially when I can stay all warm and cozy in my pjs.

 Time to pull out the winter heavy quilts. These quilts were made from feedsacks, flannel, cotton and polyester and are  so so warm.  I got these at the Goodwill and at an auction for just a few dollars. Love spending less than $10 for a quilt. 

Pulled out my "Winter Time" cross stitch that I stitched years ago. I can not remember who is was designed by, but it is so cute even though it is so crooked on this quilt stack.

I had a fabulous day in the "Quilt Nest"- aka quilt room New Year's Eve. I worked on piecing the little green quilt and began working on a blue and white nine patch. These are going to be small quilts. 



Little Blue Quilt Top in the works.

The quilting is completed on my Peppermint Twist little quilt; I added the binding today. So tonight the binding will be stitched down, and then the quilt will be cleaned up and be called a finish. 



And that means a new quilt top is going into the hoop. Hmm which one will it be? I'm still pondering that. It might be the little pink snowman quilt that I worked on New Year's or maybe the green 4 patch.  Decisions , decisions. 


I'm linking up with following link parties. Check out these blogs to see some fantastic quilting and take a stroll through the links-
Kate at  Life in Pieces  - 15 Minutes to Stitch 2021 
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts  for Slow Sunday Stitching. 
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for  Monday Making
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh, Scrap
Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Thank you ladies for hosting these wonderful link parties. 

Have a lovely week and hope it is filled with lots of joy, and stitchy goodness. And as always...
Happy Quilting,
Melisa
I would love to see what you are working on . You can always leave me a Direct Message on Instagram or tag me . Thank you so much for coming to visit. You make my day!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aah you are so kind, Nancy. Thank you so much for sweet comment and for visiting. I love piddling around the house moving stuff around. It is another hobby of mine. Lol. I hope you have a blessed week.

      Delete
  2. You put work into your photos! Very cute small quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gretchen. Thank you so much for visiting. I have a lot of fun working on these small quilts. They are quick satisfaction between bigger projects. Lol Have a wonderful week .

      Delete
  3. Your little green quilt is just adorable, some dolly is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Janis. I can not wait to get it quilted and matched with the perfect little doll. I so appreciate you visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  4. Your green quilt and your blue one are looking fabulous, Melisa. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. I love to piece simple little quilts and they are fun to throw on the table or whatever. Have a great week.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. I'm in love with your stack quilt picture and the one in the header too. You know how to make your pictures interesting. Lovely projects you are working on. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that is such sweet compliment. Thank you so much. I sure do enjoy decorating with my quilts and stitching. It brings me lots of joy. I so appreciate you visiting and leaving such a kind comment. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  6. Aaah that is such sweet compliment. Thank you so much. I sure do enjoy decorating with my quilts and stitching. It brings me lots of joy. I so appreciate you visiting and leaving such a kind comment. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both the new green and blue projects you've got in the works. Stay warm! Thanks for linking up with the 15 Minutes to Stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour