Saturday, October 5, 2024

October's Year of Heart Doodle and Bonus Blocks- Doodle Freebie

Good afternoon, y'all and Happy Saturday. 

I just wanted to pop in for a quick visit and share my latest Heart Doodle along with a few bonus blocks.  I have not started any of these, but I have high hopes to pull out my fabric and crayons and begin today.   Block 10 is called AUTUMN DUSK.  I also included 2 bonus blocks that may or may not go into my quilt. They are FALL BAKING and for the Halloween lovers- JACK'S BUCKET.  

Remember that all of my doodles are hand drawn and are not perfect so please feel free to adjust them to your liking. 

I will be adding photos as I complete the blocks. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵 




                          My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect.  


 The "Year of Hearts" blocks are embroidered on an 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cotton. You may want to cut your fabric larger for the hoop and then after embroidery trim and square to 8 1/2".  I used 2 strands of DMC floss and  the back stitch. I color tinted my design with crayons and colored pencils and carefully heat set the color with an iron. When you heat set the color, place a clean paper towel over the design and press .

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

If you have missed any of the other heart doodles, I do invite you to visit the previous posts by clicking the colored links. ❤

 Block 1 A Winter's Night

Block 2  Country Mail Delivery  

Block 3 A Country Spring Day

Block 4 Early Birds


Block 5 Strawberry Patch 

Block 6 A Buzzy Garden

 A Buzzy Garden with Bee Berry 


Bonus Block- Time for Gardening


Block 7 Jar of Geraniums  ( really block 8) 

 Block 8 Sunny Sunflowers

Block 9 Apple Picking


Thank you for dropping by and have a wonderful sunny Saturday! 

As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

"Autumn colors remind us we are all one dancing in the wind.  "

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Autumn Wishes !!!🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . Love and miss you., Amo ❤❤

Ya'll come back now, ya hear ! 

God Bless the USA. 

2 comments:

  1. Love all your doodles, Melisa! The colours are all so pretty. 😍 Just fabulous! A Happy Weekend to you dear friend. 😘🤗xx Barbara of @flashinscissors xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed your Heart Doodle but have yet to stitch one. It's primarily because my printer doesn't play well with others. Do you use a base on your fabric before you do your stitching, or do you just start stitching after things are traced? Just curious! I have had a yearning to do some embroidery. Enjoy the rest of your day, Ms. Melisa. Darlene J

    ReplyDelete