Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Itty Bitty Thumbprint Cookies Ornament- Christmas Freebie

Brrr! It is down right chilly out there! Well , just a little cooler than usual. 

Howdy, Sweet Friends!

Yesterday I was as busy as a beaver gathering up my plants to put in the greenhouse. The word from the weatherman was that it might just dip into the 30's overnight. Mr. Pinker bought a couple of wire shelves to put in the greenhouse to make storage a bit easier. 

We will add to them as time allows. 

Anyway, soon my pretty plants were tucked nice and safe as they awaited the overnight chill. Meanwhile, I just brought my large ferns in the house  . The ferns  will return outside today as the day warms.   By mid morning, I am sure I  will be running around in shorts so it is not too bad here yet.

Has it gotten chilly in your neck of the woods yet? 

Look up at the persimmon tree! 

There are large juicy persimmons and some are dropping to the ground. Though there are fewer of them , they are extra sweet this year. 

I have been walking up to the large tree on the hill to pick a handful each day. 


Hmmm, I wonder what the persimmon seed predicts for the winter weather this year. 🤔
What is it? 🤔 If you split a persimmon seed and there is a spoon shape, it is going to be a snowy winter. A fork shape means a mild winter and a knife means - oh boy! that means it is going to be downright harsh! 🥄🍴

Well you know I am going to have to dry out some seeds and split them! 😀

Aaah hah! The persimmon seeds have spoke! They have  predicted a snowy winter


retro winter birds clipart

Eeeh ! I have a stitch to share! 

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

It is a small called Itty Bitty Thumbprint Cookies- just a quick stitch to wet my appetite for Christmas.  

 
This little ornie has a bowl of dough, a rolling pin and lots of little cookies for Santa's munching pleasure. 


🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵  






               🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

 I finished it just like I did Itty Bitty Gingerbread House. If you missed Itty Bitty Gingerbread House , just click the colored link and magically you will be taken back to that post where not only you will find the chart, but also the measurements that I used for finishing.


🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

I dug out this little recipe that is going to be on my baking list this year. 

Turtle Thumbprint Blossoms

Servings: 36 cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1 roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough

1/4 cup of all purpose flour

2 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream

3/4 cup of pecans finely chopped

22 unwrapped caramels

3/4 teaspoon of coarse Kosher salt or sea salt

36 Hershey Kisses milk chocolate and caramel- unwrapped

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oven 350 degrees. 

2. In medium bowl, crumble cookie dough . Stir or knead in flour until it is mixed. 

3. Shape dough into 36  1" bolls. 

4. Roll and slightly press balls into pecans. Do not flatten. 

5. Place 1 " apart on ungreased cookie sheets. 

6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and a light golden brown. 

7. Using back of metal spoon make  1 1/4" indention in center of each cookie.

8. Cool for 1 minute and then remove to cooling racks. Cool completely for 30 minutes. 

9. In small bowl , microwave caramels and whipping cream on high for 1 -2 minutes. Stir after 1 minute until caramels are melted and smooth. 

10. Spoon  1/2 teaspoon of caramel into the center of each cookie. 

11. Sprinkle with salt . 

12. Top with Hershey Kiss - pressing slightly until caramel. 

13. Let stand for about 10 minutes

STORE COVERED IN REFRIGERATOR COVERED FOR UP TO 1 WEEK. 


🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

Well, I am off to see what kind of mischief I can wrangle up! If you have a chance , check out your persimmon seeds to see what the weather is going to be or better yet ask a squirrel. Yep, a squirrel with a bushy tail means a cold winter ahead. Brrrr!
 
"Squirrels gathering nuts in a flurry, 
Will cause snow to come in a hurry." -unknown


🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪



As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"At Christmas , all roads lead home  and the path is fragrant with fresh baked cookies. " - unknown

Gingerbread Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵

Dedicated to my sweet baby sister, Amy. I love and miss you, Amo. ❤❤❤

Graphics from Graphic Fairy and  Pinterest. 


1 comment:

  1. You've had a busy day!! The Gingerbread designs are so stinkin' cute. I'll have to get better informed so I can stitch them very soon. Enjoy your Tuesday!! I wonder if I should think about going to bed - nah, not yet. LOL DarleneJ

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Itty Bitty Thumbprint Cookies Ornament- Christmas Freebie