Monday, October 14, 2024

Off to a Good Start

 Monday , Monday  I am not blue! 

Monday, Monday What should I do!!!

         🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

Hello there, Sweet friends and welcome! Are you fired up for a fabulous week!!  

                                      

 I am counting down the days until the raggedy truck camper is hitched on the bed of the  truck and our wheels are spinning gravel as we hit the dusty trails. 


 But in the meantime, I  have chores to do - like buying groceries for the next couple of weeks, meal prepping ,and  I must not forget to pack my projects to work on.  Lots and lots to do on this beautiful day. 

                              

Sooo...  I do have one quilt project that I am anxious to work on before hitching the wagon and that is work on my 16 patch quilt. 

 For the last few weeks, I have been piecing these charming little 16 patches using autumnal colors.  Each block measures 8 1/2" squared unfinished. 

 After much debate, I have decided to just piece 30 blocks. I had an intention to add sashing, but alas, Miss Fickle has changed her mind yet again and has decided to go sashless. Hee! Hee! Is sashless a word?🤔- Hmm I am not sure, but you know what I mean.

Shirts, sheets, and pretty quilt fabrics in these blocks. 

 Anywhoo,  I will be playing with the layout and hopefully, will have these babies pieced up by the end of the day. 

Then I have to decide about the border.  I am thinking of using the pretty paisley that I have in  my stash. What do you think?  On the plus side- I already have the fabric and there are autumnal colors in this fabric. 🤔🍂🍁🍂

Squirrrels, Squirrels, Squirrels . Hmmm what else can I get into?

Squirrel Jar and FARMHOUSE SAMPLER 

Aaah yes!   Another  project on the  Monday to do list is finish quilting "Harvest Season " . It is almost done and soon a pretty binding will be attached.   

I do think this may turn out to be a perfect productive day don't you? If all goes well, I hope to post a wee Christmas cross stitch freebie tomorrow. So if you have the chance, I would love for you to drop in for  a Tuesday visit as well. 

Well,  I am off to tackle these chores so I can get to the good stuff-like quilting! 😁 I better get on the move! 

Come on!  Let's start this day running! 1, 2, 3 and off we go! Have a beautiful, blessed day, Sweeties. 

As always,

Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

Every day is a good day when I spend it with you! 

Autumn Hugs and Stitches!!! 🤗🧵


See ya' later, gators! 
Sweet Mama has babies to tend to. 

❤❤❤  Dedicated to my sweet baby sister, Amy who loved cats and animals of all kinds. I miss you , Amo! Love ya'! ❤❤❤


Graphics from Pinterest. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Monday ! I am trying to get my routine back after more than four weeks in France.
    Love your quilt and love the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Annelies and Happy Monday. I bet you had a wonderful time in France. I hope that you were able to relax and enjoy every minute of it. I am sure it was hard to come home and get back into the swing of things. I hope that the unpacking and "back home chores" have not been too tedious. There is loads to do after being gone for so long isn't there? I have been away from blogging for a few days and am slowly playing catch up as well. Have a great week , sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Busy! Busy! Busy! Everything looks beautiful. The 16 patch quilt is really pretty. The colors are so warm.
    Have a happy day, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning sweet Gabi and Happy Monday. Oh I do hope to have a busy and productive day. I have already started piecing my 16 patches together and soon I will figure out the border. I wish you the most delightful magical day! Hugs from the holler.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Off to a Good Start