Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Pumpkin Picker - A Fall Freebie

Pumpkin Tuesday? Oh yes! Let's have a pumpkin Tuesday. During the summer we were enjoying Tomato Tuesdays . So why not.  Lol. 
Good morning, punkins!!! How is your day greeting you? I hope with a great big smile and lots of sunshine!!!  
My fall mug for this morning's post is a little pumpkin spice mug. It would be so nice to have some apple cider in it, but right now I have a bit of iced tea and a tad of cranberry juice added to it. 


Today's mug rug is a framed in crumb block made up of itsy bitsy pieces of Halloween fabric scraps. The crumb block was 3 " finished ,and I added a  1 1/2" border all around. A fun use of scraps. 


 Do ya'll remember my Tommy Toe  Snatcher that I stitched this summer? 


Inspired by that piece, I created Pumpkin Picker.


 This little crow is in a basket  with a little unamused jack dangling from his beak. I would be unamused too if I was plucked out of the field!!! .
 A small bittersweet vine winds its way out of the basket.  Originally, I envisioned a round finish, but alas, I had nothing in my stash of those proportions -so I happily finished it  on this little paddle board that I got from the Goodwill. It has strawberries on the other side. 


 I finished it on some batting covered foam board and added a bit of Dollar Tree jute twine that I twisted for the trim. Four Dollar Tree buttons finishes if off . I think it is "plumb purty".  


 I would be delighted if you added this little guy to your fall stitching list. Everybody needs a pumpkin pickin crow don't they? 🎃 


It is a small so you can have this whipped up in no time flat.  What's the dimensions you ask? Well it measures 38 x 36. I stitched mine on 14 count coffee / tea dyed aida so that would be around 2 3/4" x 2 5/8"- perfect for those scraps. 
 I used 6 DMC floss colors which are 918, 413, white, 782, 898 and 310 , but please choose your favorite fall colors. 
 If you are so inclined , please check out the pdfs below and don't forget my little disclaimer. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate pdf downloads because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  And I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and stitching my little designs.

Click here for instruction page.


 Click here for colored chart. 


Click here for the black and white chart. 


 Today's fall recipe is ... 

 OLD FASHIONED SOFT PUMPKIN COOKIES
Yield: 36 cookies 

Ingredients  

2 1/2 cups of all- purpose flour

1 teaspoon of baking soda

1 teaspoon of baking powder

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar

1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter softened

1 cup of Libby's Pure Pumpkin

1 large egg

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract , divided

2 cups of powdered sugar , sifted

3 Tablespoons of milk

1 Tablespoon of butter softened

DIRECTIONS: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets. 

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg,  and salt in a medium bowl. Beat sugar and 1  stick of butter in a large mixing bowl until well blended.  Beat in pumpkin, 1 egg and  1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth.  Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoons on to greased baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes . Remove to wire racks. Combine sifted powdered sugar , milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into a small bowl and mix until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. 


I have to tell you. It is always a joy  for me when you stop by for a visit.  Ya'll make this gal. happy .  Hope you pop back by anytime  and thank you so much . Have a beautiful and blessed day, my  sweet pumpkin pickers.. Love ya! and as always...

Happy stitching, ya'll. 

Melisa 

Pumpkin is the Spice of Life!!!

Hugs and Stitches !!! 

Dedicated to my sweet baby sister, Amy. - Love you punkin. 








 

21 comments:

  1. Oh this is darling. You are so generous with your talents. I just finished stitching the Pumpkin one from the other day. I will be making into a little pillow. I think this might be next. Have a wonderful day and Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon, Patty.I am so excited that this little piece is going on your stitching list and eeh that you stitched Pumpkins. Thank you so much. I have been trying to FFO Pumpkins today into a little pillow. I hope you enjoyed stitching it. Have a lovely evening and thank you again for the sweet visit and comment.

      Delete
  2. Another adorable stitch. Thank you for generously sharing your talent. The pumpkin cookies sound delicious. I’ll have to try them. Enjoy this beautiful day and happy stitching🪡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear for the sweet visit and comment. I really enjoyed stitching this little guy and hope that you enjoy it too. I have my supplies ready to bake the cookies sitting on the counter. Now to get motivated to do it. Lol. Thank you again my dear. Happy stitching .

      Delete
  3. Another sweet stitch with a creative finish. Have a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. It was a fun one to work on. I hope that you are doing well. Thank you for the visit and the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Pumpkin Picker is adorable, Melisa! If I was a baker, I would definitely make your cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, Robin. Thank you so much on my little Pumpkin Picker. I always enjoy a good crow. Lol. I think I like baking more than cooking. I especially like to try new recipes. Have a lovely evening.

      Delete
  5. Good morning dear Melisa. This little Pumpkin Picker is so sweet. I will have to find a little shallow dish in orange for the Fall Smalls, thank you so much. I will have to see if I can substitute gluten free flour and give the cookies a try (not good for my diet, LOL). Have a wonderful day and thanks for making my morning complete. Hugs and love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, Mary. I am so happy you stopped by for a visit and so glad you like my little Pumpkin Picker. I do love crows and I was out this morning watching the crows cawing among the pine trees.Lol. Oh cookies are not good for my diet either but one every now and then is good. Fall time brings out the baking in me though with the kiddos grown it is hard to get rid of the sweets. Lol. Big hugs and love and have a beautiful evening, my dear.

      Delete
  6. Awww, this post just filled my heart with joy! Fall is my favorite time of year, and all your sweet stitches and decorations make me so happy. Thanks so much for this adorable freebie! I've got it printed and can't wait to get it stitched! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah , yah, Audrey . Thank you so so much for the sweet visit and comment. I am so happy that you printed my little Pumpkin Picker for your stitching list. That warms my heart. Have a great evening and happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. Adorable little crow!! And the cookies sound so good! How am I going to get all this done!? LOL Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Sandie. The Fall season makes me want to bake all things sweet. Lol. Thank you so much about my little crow. I have a thing for crows especially come fall time. Have a blessed day and thank you so much for visiting, Sandie.

      Delete
  8. So adorable. I'll definitely be stitching this little fella but I'll fill in the pumpkin cuz I'm not into jack O' lanterns so much. Thanks for the charts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah! I am so excited for you. I debated about the little pumpkin when I was stitching it. At first I had it charted plain and then at the last minute changed it. It will super cute filled it. Thank you so much for adding this little design to your stitch list and happy stitching, dear.

      Delete
  9. Merci pour cette jolie grille avec le corbeau
    Bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your sweet cross stitch pattern, Melisa! I love the addition of the bittersweet vine ~ it is a very nice touch!

    Looking forward to baking; thanks so much for sharing your pumpkin cookie recipe. It is finally beginning to cool down here in the Portland, Oregon area, so the delicious Fall baking can commence!

    Warm regards, Lisa in Lake Oswego, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came back to this post to say YOUR COOKIES ARE DELICIOUS!!!!! It's a chilly day here today finally and for some reason I have several cans of pumpkin in my pantry so I made a batch. So easy to make, made the house smell so good and boy are they tasty....with and without the drizzle. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many thanks for this lovely chart!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday