Blog Archive

Sunday, September 5, 2021

A Little Bit of This and That

Good afternoon, ya'll. It is a beautiful day. Lots of sun. Hummingbirds and bees have been buzzing about this morning.

 I went out and checked the honey bees yesterday. No picutres but I did see them coming in and out. They are still happy little honey makers.  

Hubby purchased the most delicious local honey from our farmer's coop the other day. It will be good on homemade biscuits. 


My little tiered tray is all decorated with campers, chickens and sunflowers. My Sunflowers stitch is front and center - too big to tuck into the tray. Sunflowers was a freebie I posted earlier. But you know what? It is time for that summer tiered tray to go bye bye . 😃  I am ready for some fall.  How about you?  
Yesterday I worked on my kitchen tiered tray. It is tucked by my corner sink underneath the window. 
It is crammed fall- isn't it? lol Just the way I like it. 
                      

 Anything orange and scarecrow related. 

                    

I just pulled out what fall items  I have downstairs. Eeek!!! it is too hot to get in the attic to get out the fall decor. But I will brave the heat one night and start pulling out the pumpkins. 


Speaking of pumpkins . I lit my Pumpkin Waffle candle from Walnut Avenue- Oh, does it smell so yummy.  It is making me crave for of course Pumpkin Waffles or maybe a bite of a pumpkin roll . Oh yum.!!!
                    

The little Autumn Crow stitch  called "Just  a Little Autumn" was a freebie from San- Man Originals.  Click here to go to the design. I stitched it last year. You know me and my crow obsession. 

                 

I  ruffled up some ripped  fabric and whipped it on as a trim. I love pulling this little piece out for the fall. 

I  have been plugging away on Little House Needleworks Autumn ABC's. I am stitching by colors. So this week I worked on the green , blue and white. So for the new week, orange is in order. I have got a start on the house - though I am changing it to DMC 355.

Last week's progress 

This week's progress. 

Later today, I plan to finish up a little Autumn quilt. It is a small and is in the hoop. Hopefully, I can share a better photo when it is all complete.  


I just wanted to share one more stitch with you. I have had several compliments on this little piece that was tucked in one of my vignettes. 


 This piece is called "Bee Kind" and was a freebie from Vonna Pfeiffer the Twisted Stitcher. It can be found on Fiber Talk's website in the March 22, 2020 post. Click here to visit. It is a such a darling piece.


Well, I am off to piddle the day away. Pumpkins, and anything fall is on my mind so there is no telling what I am going to get into. lol.  What about you? What are you working on today? 

You have a very blessed day and thank you so much for dropping by. Hope to chat with you real soon. As always,

Happy stitching and quilting, ya'll
Melisa  

 I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

      Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts #68

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Lynette at What a Hoot!  for BOMs Away Monday


By all the lovely tokens, September days are here, with summer's best of weather and Autumn's best of cheer. 
Hugs and Stitches!!!

                                                                                            Dedicated to my sweet Sister, Amy. I love you! 















22 comments:

  1. So much cuteness!! I am stitching as fast as I can! LOL Have a happy day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Sandie for the sweet visit and comment. I wish we had more hands to get all that we want to stitch completed don't you? Happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. I love having local honey in the house. I think I am going to find some fall things to put around the house tomorrow... it is time. Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, local honey is the best. I do not know what these bees were into but boy is this honey good. Lol. Hope you had a wonderful day and have a great time pulling out your fall decor. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Your little place is buzzing with fall loveliness. So many pretties to draw the eyes in. Scarecrows, pumpkins.........so many sweet stitcheries you have embroidered. Your ABC cross stitch is sweet and how happy the Sunflower stitchery is. Local honey is always delicious. Though fall/autumn is gloriously coloured, and I love all the beautiful trees that abound, I can always wait for it.....because I know Winter is looming just behind it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the colors of fall too as well as the scents and all of the fun activities, but I have to admit summer time is my favorite. Like you , I enjoy the flowers. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Kim and I hope you have a lovely week.

      Delete
  4. Such a happy scene that you are doing for your fall decorating. I do not have near the stash that you have but it is still very hot here in Arizona, so I have time to look around the thrift stores. Sending hugs to you and your family, happy fall with everything pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Mary. It is hard to dream of fall when it is still hot especially the temps. ya'll experience. Oh how I love AZ. I so hope you find some amazing finds when you visit the thrift shops. Eeeh I am excited for you- thrift shopping is always fun Have a wonderful week, my dear and big hugs.

      Delete
  5. So happy that autumn is on its way. Thanks for linking up with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. It will be here in no time. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Cynthia. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  6. Your fall decorations are so fun to see! Fall is my season, too - love the colors and items that are appearing everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same way, Diann. I enjoy the warm colors and sweet smells and not to mention all of the fun fall activities . I hope you have a wonderful week and happy quilting.

      Delete
  7. I love all the cuteness! I adore your fall tray!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Penny. It was a lot of fun decorating the fall tray. Some of that stuff I have had for years. Lol but I so enjoy pulling it out each year. Have a wonderful Labor Day.

      Delete
  8. You always have the most interesting decorations and tiered trays. And I love the chicken quilt in the background d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jenny . I made that quilt last year. I was wanting an orange chicken quilt that I could use in the fall and in the spring too. It is a fun one to pull out . Have a great week.

      Delete
  9. Your autumn decorations are lovely! I'm not quite ready for fall yet, I hang onto summer as hard as I can. Autumn is pretty but I always know winter is just behind and winter is not a fun season. We buy honey from our neighbors just a mile east of us. I often see honeybees on my flowers so part of the honey we buy comes from my flowerbeds! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally enjoying your fall displays, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AGH! I'm ready for the cooler weather but not quite ready to see autumn take control. Although I will admit I should switch out my summer quilts for fall ones. I guess having the temps up in the high 80s with too much humidity will make me think it isn't quite time for the fall to come in. Your displays are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making great progress on such lovely projects. The displays are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice you have decorated for the harvest. Lots of beautiful embroidery and gorgeous fall decorations. Autumn is creeping up here in Norway as well. Enjoy autumn and what it offers of beautiful colors in nature and maybe more time indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to seat and watch all the tiny and small cute things you gathered here! Welcome Autumn ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Farm Friday Rambles